International Intelligence Institut [Taking alternates]

Velmont

First Post
buzzard said:
Just to be clear, I was re-reading the creation rules. It seems to say that we get three bonus feats a contact, and a gadget. If this is correct I will do my editing.

Almost, Contact have 3 feats from the list.

Field Agent have a 5 poins slot for devices, but they can spend them during the mission. The points are coming back after each mission (or after some time if the mission is too long).

Those are two small quirks that I give freely and doesn't count in the PL calculation.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Velmont said:
Almost, Contact have 3 feats from the list.

Field Agent have a 5 poins slot for devices, but they can spend them during the mission. The points are coming back after each mission (or after some time if the mission is too long).

Those are two small quirks that I give freely and doesn't count in the PL calculation.

EEK! I didn't realise that. Don't know how I missed it. As a contact I want Anthony to have the 3 feats. Just need to decide on what.

Velmont

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
EEK! I didn't realise that. Don't know how I missed it. As a contact I want Anthony to have the 3 feats. Just need to decide on what.

Look at the list. They are mainly feats that represent social position or connection or some great talent you have, leke connected and skill focus. The complete list is at the first page, and all restriction are waved for thoe feats.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I hate to be a barer of bad news but I'm just sort of tied of M&M at the moment... I've had 3 PbP going of it a week ago and they've all gone sour and such so I think I'm going to take a break instead of looking for a game to stuff my character in.

Velmont

First Post
I'm sorry to hear that.. I will need to rethink some things for the game.

For the others, if you are still up for the game, it will start soon, I just need to fix one or two things first.

Velmont

First Post
The game will start next week. We have Argent and Drak as two contact in the MCA for the Institute. We have buzzard as a member of the Institute, and Mark Chance will join as another agent of the Institute. I'll wait for some news from Mark Chance before beggining. I may start the MCA first, to let Mark Chance the time to finish his character, as he is leaving for the week-end.

Rybaer

First Post
Any slots still open in this game? I originally skipped it for fear that I had too many games going on, but a couple of my new ones are moving slowly enough that I think I can handle one more.

If you're still taking on players, do you have greater need for agents or contacts? I have a concept in mind that I could tweak out in either direction, though it might work better as a contact.

Thanks!

Velmont

First Post
One spot left, so you'll welcome Rybear. I have 2 of both. I would prefer an agent, except if the contact could be well assimilated to the plot I have now. First, tell me your idea, and then, I will tell you if it's fits well.

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
One spot left, so you'll welcome Rybear. I have 2 of both. I would prefer an agent, except if the contact could be well assimilated to the plot I have now. First, tell me your idea, and then, I will tell you if it's fits well.

Cool.

Well, the concept I'm working on is of a woman who is essentially a water elemental. Permanent body of water, with a liberal dose of water powers. She can exist perfectly fine on land and has a broad suite of abilities that can be useful in a variety of circumstances.

Given her abilities, I'm thinking that she was recruited by the US Navy at a young age. Probably given a fairly high civilian ranking and plenty of training...then went to work around the world in intelligence gathering and other extremely difficult underwater operations. Spied on the Chinese and Russian navies and shipyards, rescued ships in distress, performed some demolition work, and so on. Retired from that after a handful of years.

From here, she went into more peaceful studies - oceanography and/or marine biology. As she has powerful weather control, she could have made some good money on the side by offering to create rain in drought-stricken areas or buffer against the worst damage from hurricanes. This is more in line with being a contact (with useful abilities).

Another alternative is that she skipped from the Navy over to the Institute and became an agent in a more direct fashion.

Or, go with the first option, but was recruited back out of "retirement" to become an agent.

I'm flexible. If the whole concept seems "off" from your intent for this game, I can work up something completely different, too. This concept has just grown on me since I started working it up.

Velmont

First Post
Now, you are making the things easy for me :)

Go for the contact concept. Suggestion, you are presently woking at the University of San Diego with the oceanographic team. You can decide the project.

Remove ads