My Paladin killed a.. 2nd thread (The Verdict is IN - p4)

Torm

Explorer
Titian Kerrick, you are signed in, provided you are LG. Please confirm.

Your opinion is valued and will be gotten to, but I would like to do this in phases. After everyone is signed in, we will first vote as to whether the Paladin deserves a penalty at all: Guilty or Innocent. If Innocent, we're done. If guilty, we proceed to try to come to consensus on the penalty.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I considered the last two paladins I've played, and realised that they'd have very different views on the matter.

Tatyana (young and impetutous, commoner-born, Paladin of Remnis, God of Giant Eagles) would be jumping up and down and cheering, and offering to buy him a drink.

Bralburanda Lynn (older and wiser, half-celestial son of a noblewoman, Paladin of Siamorphe, Goddess of Nobility) would be making Marge Simpson "Hmmmmm" noises, and voting for temporary sanctions (though not a stripping of powers).

-Hyp.

Torm

Explorer
Hypersmurf, sign in with one or the other, but not both. Your other character will be useful, however - we will keep them for a tiebreaker, if necessary, so please present their name, god, alignment, too. Thanks. :)

drunkmoogle

First Post
torm said:
Your opinion is valued and will be gotten to, but I would like to do this in phases. After everyone is signed in, we will first vote as to whether the Paladin deserves a penalty at all: Guilty or Innocent. If Innocent, we're done. If guilty, we proceed to try to come to consensus on the penalty.

Guilty or innocent of what? I assume it's "acting within the bounds of the code of the paladin," just want confirmation.

nonamazing

Explorer
My Lord Torm,

I humbly ask your forgiveness for speaking out of turn. I acted out of zeal, and forgot politeness.

As for this 'alignment' that you speak of--the ideals I hold most highly are those of Law and Goodness.

Titian Kerrick, solar-in-training

Torm

Explorer
The list of those signed in thus far is: Barconius, Edmund Edwinson, Sandelphon, Titian Kerrick, Valentine, & Valna.

Agemegos, what game is that from, if I might ask?

Last edited:

Agemegos

Explorer
Torm said:
The list of those signed in thus far is: Barconius, Edmund Edwinson, Sandelphon, Titian Kerrick, Valentine, & Valna.

Agemegos, what game is that from, if I might ask?

A D&D 3.0 campaign set in a fantasticised Durham, England in AD 1090-1092. Edmund Edwinson was a son of a Saxon (well, Northumbrian) huscarl killed in fighting against the Norman Conquest in 1069. He was raised in Spain, had fought against the Moors, had been captured, enslaved, shown mercy, released. He had studied medicine under an Iberian Jew and made a questionable marriage to his master's daughter. Driven out of Spain by anti-Semitic feeling, he had 'returned' to the land of his fathers, failed to make a living in medical practice, and turned relucctntly to the profession of arms. He was a retainer in the household of Lord Simon de Bohun, protector of the Bishopric of Durham, and had just been knighted when out-of-game considerations forced an end to the campaign. His patron saint was Saint Cuthbert (the christian version). 5th-level paladin.

Last edited:

sparxmith

First Post
Loric Vilesilencer

I am Loric Vilesilencer, LG, Paladin in the service of Nobanion, LG God of Nobility, Wild Beasts, Centaurs, and the Hunt. I whole-heartedly submit myself to this task.

Remove ads