(Proposal / City) Severus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goblin King

First Post
Located 900 miles north by northwest of Orussus the city of Severus lies in the middle of the badlands under the shadow of Mount Yurgind. Over the centuries the winds have carved stone plateaus in a large canyon. Orginally the city was a Gnoll fortified encampment stationed atop a plateau. Easily defendable it remained for some 50 years.

Ten year ago large clans of Orcs and Goblinoids moved into the area. For reasons still unknown they did not kill each other off. Instead they began construction on what would become known as the City of Severus, aka the Wicked Pillars. The city now occupies ten plateaus. Each of them connected by rope bridges to each other and to the canyon lip. The walls and buildings are made from local stone. The architecture is advanced for supposed 'barbarian' races. The roofs are built with metal and stone spikes, some barbed, in order is discourage anything from flying over the walls and landing in the city. The streets are narrow, winding, and uneven. Large fortifications have been built at the entrances. It would seem that the inhabitants are expecting to withstand a hard siege.

The city has a population of around 5,000. 25% Gnoll, 25% Orc, 25% Goblinoids, and 25% slaves taken in raids. The city is ruled by a council of elders. Each clan has one representative that sits on the council.

Adventure Ideas:
Despite the fact that this is an Evil city the PCs won't be killed on sight. At least, unless they appear weak. The trick to not being murdered in an alley is to either look too tough or to be under the protection of someone more powerful. The powers of good are very concerned about this new city. They worry that the council must be up to no good. Anyone who so obviously prepared for war must be thinking of starting one. And, they ARE Evil after all. Getting into the city is easy enough. Getting back out with useful information, that will take some doing.

A vile Necromancer has fled the Earling authorities. They want him brought to justice. The problem is that he has requested asylum in Severus. Of course, Earling doesn't recognize Severus as a legitimate government. But Severus has made it clear in no uncertain terms that they will not give up what they consider a political refugee. Any attempts to retrieve him will be taken as a declaration of war. The PCs are charged with dealing with the problem however they see fit.

Here is the sketch my idea for Severus came from.

Attachments

• city.jpg
    city.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited by a moderator:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Sounds alright to me... however, I believe that the badlands area ended up in the south-southeast region.

Other than that, sounds good.

Knight Otu

First Post
Southeast is the region around the Tower of Fire, and I believe largely desert.

Southwest is the windswept region around the Tower of Air, the general area in which Sairundan lies. It is often described as badlands.

Knight Otu

First Post
I'm quite willing to give it a yes, though I'm not quite sure if the city fits into the region that Goblin King specified. It really sounds more like the region of the Tower of Air (though a different region than Sairundan).

Creamsteak

Explorer
Yeah, I might do some "editting" to things like this to make them fit. But I approve of the idea, and that's the central bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases