(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

Kahuna Burger

First Post
When you reach the site of the future temple, the activity level is quite strange. A large group of builders, supervisors and architects is pretty much hanging about, seemingly with nothing to do, in spite of the fact that the cornerstones stand waiting to go in. Some have formed small work groups who seem to be doing peicework to be added later - a doorway arch here, measurement and polishing of floor tiles there. But something has stopped construction even as it was supposed to begin, and it seems no one has quite decided what to do about it. The most active people are a group of clerics, who are busily pacing off a perimeter around the foundation hole and kneeling to place small objects and pray over them.

As you enter the site a young man in ceromonial armor, flanked by two shaven headed youths in simple clothes, approaches you. "I'm sorry, this is a sacred site." He says politely. "If you have business here, please state it, and then I must ask your leave to seek Hyrag's approval of you."

(if everyone checks in and agrees to this approval, we can get started)

Last edited by a moderator:

Torlax

First Post
Reilin walks up to the strange scene, noting the general lack of activity. He addresses the followers of Hyrag. "I came here from the Red Dragon Inn... I heard there was some problem with the construction. I'm also a cleric of Hyrag, and I'm here to help in whatever way I can. I believe there are more coming shortly. I was told to request the attention of His Grace Leonard?" Reilin fidgets nervously while he waits for the others to arrive.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Shadowlyn follows closely behind Reilin and hears his introduction to the 'guards'. "As stated, we are here from the Inn, and come to help in this situation. I am here with my companion Shilo, and are here to lend our scouting skills to this cause."

Other Guy

First Post
"I've arrived," Loskrad says, entering the scene shortly after Mintrik. "My name is Loskrad Avalin and I am here to give my friend what help I can."

Pbartender

First Post
An innocous halfling in the back rounds out the group. "Beggin' your pardon, sir," he tells the guard, "a feller at the Inn was inquirin' for exterminators. He said to come 'round here, if you please."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The young man smiles and nods. "Yes, his grace said some people would be along. He hasn't returned from his other errands, but I can give you some refreshments. If you would wait just a moment for the approval of Hyrag." He closes his eyes and bows his head a moment as if in prayer, then looks again at the group with a strange intensity. After a moment, he nods and smiles. "Thank you, it is just that we must be especially wary during this time before the consecration."

(will continue after nap and headache subsides)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The three gaurds lead you to an area sheilded from the sun by a small canopy. There is a table with several bottles of what turn out to be fruit juice and some light bread and cheeses. "We aren't really equiped for guests with all the construction," the armored man says appologeticly "But this is where his grace and the senior architects meet, so its as comfortable as we can make you. Things are a little odd today, they were supposed to consecrate the site and lay the cornerstones, but there was some problem, and his grace has been... well, its not my place to tell tales." He bows akwardly and departs.

One of the bald youths mimics his stiff tone "Not my place... my place is much better than that..." The other, a girl, tries to give him a stern look but ends up giggling.

"It might be a while" she comments, "Leo had to go to the city council after the inn, and he'll probably end up getting in a fight with them. He gets in a foul temper when he has to clean up someone else's mess... We can nab you some wine if it would make you more comfortable."

Pbartender

First Post
"Aye Miss," Jack replies, "That'd be most hospitable, to be sure."

"Fixin' another's problem," he wheedles the girl, "that's a right rum go, says I, and I sympathize heartily, I do. For certain, there's nothing worse than havin' to clean up after some cully who hasn't the wits of a ninny goat.

"Poor Mister Leo, eh? My heart goes out to him, it does. Fortunately, he's got the likes of us to give him an hand or two, with whatever's lurkin' down that there hole..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases