[Lone Wolf] Creatures Not in the Rulebook

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
When I got my Lone Wolf book from Mongoose, I couldn't help noticing there were a ton of creatures in the books not statted up, including some of my old favorites! So I'll remedy this. In this thread, I'll be posting some of the Lone Wolf creatures as I get done with them...so without any further ado, I give you the Noodnic!

Noodnic
Small Humanoid
End Dice: ½d8 (2 Endurance)
Initiative: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 20 ft., climb 15 ft., swim 15 ft.
Armor Class: 12 (+1 size, +1 Dex), flat-footed 12
Base Combat Skill: +0
Attack: "Pike" -1 melee (1d4-2)
Full Attack: "Pike" -1 melee (1d4-2), bite -1 melee (1d3-2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: --
Special Qualities: --
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +2
Abilities: Str 6, Con 10, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Acrobatics +11, Athletics +9, Climb +9, Stealth +7
Environment: Temperate land
Organization: Solitary, pair, commune (3-18) or nest (10-100)
Challenge Rating: ½
Allegiance: Usually Unaligned
Advancement: By character class

The creature is utterly annoying. Looking something like a marsh-rat somehow imbued with the gift of speech, it has a somewhat regal bearing in its many-colored tunic and foppish hat, complete with feather, its nose twitches as it speaks.

Skills: A Noodnic may always take 10 on a Climb check, irregardless of conditions.

Noodnics are small rodent-like creatures that are found throughout the Lastlands and elsewhere. They have a primitive sort of intelligence and are merciless scavengers, often wearing clothing made of whatever scraps of cloth they can patch together. Oftentimes, a Noodnic will wield a tiny knitting needle as a soldier would a pike, or a cut-throat’s dagger as a knight would a sword. They have a noted fondness for gold.

From Lone Wolf #2, Fire on the Water

Last edited:

robjh

First Post
I see you use some non-SRD type stats, so I'm not quite sure whether to compare it. But a creature with an Int score usually gets at least 1 Feat.
Your grapple would be -6. I'm not sure what you meant by Athletics skill, especially since you also have Climb listed. But I think a Humanoid with an 8 Int would normally only get 4 skill points. Your missing the touch AC. *shrug*

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Right. I'm writing them up as per the Lone Wolf RPG, which is just a little different from DnD. Some things in Lone Wolf are just renamed (Endurance = HD). There aren't any Feats in Lone Wolf, none of the advanced combat maneuvers (bull rush, grapple, charge). Some of the skills are different, the Athletics skill that you noted is a combination of Swim/Tumble.

It really only did have 4 skill points. It has the same skill modifiers as a rat, so a lot are higher.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Crystal Frostwyrm
Large Magical Beast
End Dice: 5d10+15 (43 Endurance)
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), flat-footed 14
Base Combat Skill: +5
Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d8+8)
Full Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d8+8)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Improved surprise, partial psychic immunity
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 19, Con 17, Dex 12, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 2
Skills: Athletics +8, Perception +9
Environment: Cold land
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 4
Allegiance: Always Unaligned
Advancement: 6-8 ED (Large)

From the ice before you uncurls a serpentine creature. Its skin is transparent and glassy, and you can see its internal organs within. Its jaws part to reveal crystalline teeth, a tongue tasting the air between them.

Improved Surprise (Ex): When making Perception checks to avoid surprise, a Crystal Frostwyrm may add its ED to the target number.

Partial Psychic Immunity (Ex): The Crystal Frostwyrm is immune to Mindblast, but not Psi-surge.

Crystal Frostwyrms are native to the colder regions of Magnamund, most notably Kalte. Some Frostwyrms are hunters of small animals, but most are scavengers, feeding off the remains of dead animals or the leftovers from a kill. When at rest, a Crystal Frostwyrm resembles a conglomeration of ice crystals. Many an unwary hunter or explorer has fallen prey to a Crystal Frostwyrm, disregarding it as mere ice…

From Lone Wolf #3, The Caverns of Kalte

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Bloodlug
Medium Animal
End Dice: 2d8+2 (11 Endurance)
Speed: 30 ft. swim
Armor Class: 13 (+2 Dex, +1 natural), flat-footed 11
Base Combat Skill: +1
Attack: Slash +1 melee (1d4)
Full Attack: Slash +1 melee (1d4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Partial psychic immunity
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 10, Con 12, Dex 15, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 2
Skills: Athletics +2, Perception +2, Stealth +4
Environment: Temperate aquatic
Challenge Rating: 1
Allegiance: Always Unaligned
Advancement: 3-5 ED (Medium)

A small, globular creature jets towards you through the warm waters. It resembles nothing so much as a human heart, a number of small tubes projecting from one end. From underneath the creature protrudes a bony hook-like appendage.

Partial Psychic Immunity (Ex): The Bloodlug is immune to Mindblast, but not Psi-surge.

Most commonly found in the waters near Vassagonia, the Bloodlug is a nuisance to most seasoned warriors. It usually preys on fish and squid, but is not above attacking a human if one falls into its territory.

From Lone Wolf #5, Shadow on the Sand

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Dhorgaan
Huge Outsider
End Dice: 10d8+50 (95 Endurance)
Initiative: -1 (-1 Dex)
Speed: 20 ft., 30 ft. fly
Armor Class: 13 (-2 size, -1 Dex, +6 natural), flat-footed 14
Base Combat Skill: +10
Attack: Bite +19 melee (2d6+9)
Full Attack: 2 bites +19/+14 melee (2d6+9)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Qualities: Darkvision
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +6, Will +9
Abilities: Str 28, Con 20, Dex 9, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills: Acrobatics +9, Bluff +8, Intimidate +15, Knowledge (arcana) +13, Knowledge (the planes) +13, Occult +15, Perception +15, Stealth +12, Survival +14, Use Magical Item +2
Environment: Any
Challenge Rating: 8
Allegiance: Usually Evil
Advancement: 11-20 ED (Huge)

A snaky monstrosity gradually takes form around you, as the greyish mist coalesces into a slithering horror. Its scarlet eyes fix on you, a long tongue issuing from its wide mouth. Its head is crowned with a single wicked-looking horn.

Dhorgaan are snakish creatures issuing from the Plane of Darkness. They usually appear on Magnamund only when summoned by some sorcerer or Darklord. Earthbound Dhorgaan, being powered by the essence of death, often take up ghoulish habits. They are sometimes found haunting graveyards and crypts.

:: From Lone Wolf #5, Shadow on the Sand

Remove ads