d20 Survival/Horror?

Necropolis

First Post
HI

The lords of the night: Zombies should give you loads of stuff about new horros such as new type of zombies. Necromancer core class and 3 necromancer prestige classes and a cool setting to play in, you will be able to use it as a d20 modern or fantasy so it will be very good for every player and gm.

you can check their website at :
www.bottledimpgames.com

Go to the download section and you will find some cool things like their new zombie comic that will show you some of the Awesome art they will have in this book.

The book goes to sales early next month i think on the 7th in july.

Rokonin

First Post
I was wondering if anyone knew about a d20 survival horror game? I've seen several non-d20 ones (that I like) and I was trying to make a decision on one to play at an up and coming one-shot session. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

haiiro

First Post
All Flesh Must Be Eaten, from Eden Studios, is pretty neat -- and the revised edition of the core book includes conversion info for d20 Modern.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Only the first one is out yet, but Hogshead has a line of horror mini-games. Fright Night, it's called. Fright Night: Haunted House was the first one, and it's okay.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Yeah... the game is called Dungeons & Dragons.

At face value survival horror is about survival in the face of overwhelming hordes of weaker enemies. Individually, Zombies in all the films were fairly stupid and easy to defeat... it is up to the PCs to ensure that they never face more than they can handle and if they do it is time to RUN!!!!

I ran a Ravenloft game once where the scenario for the night was that the PC's had just ventured into a small town (no wall) just prior to sunset and were hurridly ushered into the town tavern where they found pretty much all of the townsfolk hiding as the windows were boarded up and the doors barred. The townsfolk wouldn't say WHAT they were hiding from, they referred to it only as "THEM". Anyway, after a while the party started hearing numerous shuffling footsteps outside and finally there came the sound of something trying to batter down the door front door. It was then that the party heard a crashing sound from a distant end of the tavern...

Survival horror can be run in any genre. Fantasy works fine as I described above. Sci-Fi works... think Aliens and Pitch Black. If you wanted old west you could use my example above but have the townsfolk hiding in a Saloon.

Edit: By the way, if you want to read a GREAT story which really kicked off the whole Survival Horror genre read "I Am Legend" By Richard Matheson. It was made into a couple movies (Omega Man being one of them) but the book is so much better and is the granddaddy of all Survival Horror movies from Night of the Living Dead to 28 Days Later. In the book the protagonist is the last living man on Earth... everyone else has become a vampire. :)

Last edited:

Tetsubo

First Post
Calico_Jack73 said:
Yeah... the game is called Dungeons & Dragons.

At face value survival horror is about survival in the face of overwhelming hordes of weaker enemies. Individually, Zombies in all the films were fairly stupid and easy to defeat... it is up to the PCs to ensure that they never face more than they can handle and if they do it is time to RUN!!!!

I ran a Ravenloft game once where the scenario for the night was that the PC's had just ventured into a small town (no wall) just prior to sunset and were hurridly ushered into the town tavern where they found pretty much all of the townsfolk hiding as the windows were boarded up and the doors barred. The townsfolk wouldn't say WHAT they were hiding from, they referred to it only as "THEM". Anyway, after a while the party started hearing numerous shuffling footsteps outside and finally there came the sound of something trying to batter down the door front door. It was then that the party heard a crashing sound from a distant end of the tavern...

Survival horror can be run in any genre. Fantasy works fine as I described above. Sci-Fi works... think Aliens and Pitch Black. If you wanted old west you could use my example above but have the townsfolk hiding in a Saloon.

Edit: By the way, if you want to read a GREAT story which really kicked off the whole Survival Horror genre read "I Am Legend" By Richard Matheson. It was made into a couple movies (Omega Man being one of them) but the book is so much better and is the granddaddy of all Survival Horror movies from Night of the Living Dead to 28 Days Later. In the book the protagonist is the last living man on Earth... everyone else has become a vampire. :)

How do you handle the PC's being over run by weaker monsters?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases