Most interesting monster death

Zhnov

First Post
A friend told me that his party of PCs needed to slip past a sleeping dragon to escape to the surface, during one adventure.

The old red dragon, disturbed and woken, pinned the party's halfling thief ("Beebop") to the wall with one taloned hand around the thief's waist. The dragon brought one of its huge eyes close to the halfling's face, giving him an evil leer.

As the party ran in circles around the lair, trying to find a new avenue of escape, fearless Beebop proceeded to dump a "Bag of Slimes" in the dragon's mouth (rolling a natural 20).

Needless to say, there was little treasure taken from that dragon's lair. The wyrm writhed and burst into a lake of slime as the characters beat feet.

>> What interesting monster death have you seen?

Zhnov

First Post
Mog Elffoe said:
Sounds disgusting. :)

What exactly is a 'Bag of Slimes?' Is that in the DMG?

I forget the D&D version, but if memory serves me correctly, it is a cursed Bag of Beans that produces only green slimes.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The party was under attack from a small flock of quetzocoatluses, and the kobold fighter gets swallowed whole. He holds his breath, makes his grapple check to draw a light item...

And pops a water bead created via dust of dryness. He was scrubbing bits of pterosaur off his aromr for weeks.

There was also, just last session, a howler that was finished off by throwing at it a mysterious container marked "Pudding". Three guesses as to what kind of pudding was inside.

Demiurge out.

nameless

First Post
It seems that the best monster deaths so far will involve something much more dangerous than food pretending to be food. Mine was having the level 2 group poison an advanced Dire Wolf. Earlier in the adventure, the group had killed a some monstrous vermin and extracted a bunch of poison with a variety of skills and magic. Long story short, the spider's poison gland was attached to some raw meat with a string, and tossed to the wolf. The DM ruled that there were a couple score of doses in there, so the dire wolf catastrophically expired with about 100 points of Con damage.

Pants

First Post
Back in 2ed the party was stuck in a sewer fighting a veritable plague of rats. I ruled that when the rats rolled a natural 1, they'd bite their tongues and take a whopping 1 point of damage. Since the rats only had 1 HP... quite a few ended up dying due to my poor rolls.

In a 3e game that I was playing in the party (Ftr/Wiz (me), Wiz, Clr/Pal) was fighting a Clay Golem and NO ONE in the group had a bludgeoning weapon. Add in its magic immunity and we couldn't hurt the damn thing. The wizard had the bright idea of using dimension door to grab a tree and appear above the Clay Golem at maximum height. The tree fell... splattering the clay golem into icky goo.

Back in 2e (once again), my human Fighter used a Horn of Blasting to collapse a building on some partying Hobgoblins. Fun times.

CalrinAlshaw

First Post
My group was busy fighting a monster that was a bossfight for this little adventure. First round, Wizard gets off a wand of Paralyzation, boom, the monster rolls a 1 on it's save and failed. We hacked it to pieces.

We waited to see if regeneration ensued as we do with most dangerous monstrous creatures, and it did, from this things horn. So our party rogue walked around "shaving" the regrowing meat off of the horn as we walked to the nearby underground city with it's holes into lava-flow and threw it in.

Calrin Alshaw

frankthedm

First Post
CalrinAlshaw said:
My group was busy fighting a monster that was a bossfight for this little adventure. First round, Wizard gets off a wand of Paralyzation, boom, the monster rolls a 1 on it's save and failed. We hacked it to pieces.

We waited to see if regeneration ensued as we do with most dangerous monstrous creatures, and it did, from this things horn. So our party rogue walked around "shaving" the regrowing meat off of the horn as we walked to the nearby underground city with it's holes into lava-flow and threw it in.

Calrin Alshaw

You killedZARGON! You Bastard!

Ironclad

First Post
Not really a monster death, but .....

Hi... (Long time lurker, first time poster)

I play in a pretty high level game in FR. Anyhow, we were wandering the jungles of Chult when we happen up a nice big T-Rex. Being an animal the druid tries to make friends with it until it gets close enough for us to realise it doesn't really "look" right. Then tentacles start sprouting out of places as we realise that its a pseudonatural (from the Epic Handbook) T-Rex. With an SR of 90 and a DR of 45/+9 (this was 3.0) we couldn't get close to damaging it.

My cleric ended up casting Gate to a random plane in Abyss, and pretended to be Pseudo T-rex food. With the benefit of a Fly spell, the food was chased through the Gate, went Invisible, doubled back to the Prime and closed the Gate.

It might not have killed the thing, but it did make it someone else's problem.

CYA

Greybar

No Trouble at All

Sounds like a new wonderous item: "bountiful horn of sliced meat"

john

Remove ads