need help with mystic Theurge build

Zakter

First Post
HI all Here is what I have to work with.
Human
3rd level Cleric of Celestian / 1 wizard
Domains: Knowledge and Travel
Stats
Str 8
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 17 (+1) at 3rd
Wis 16
cha 8

Feats:
Spell penetration
Empower Spell
Craft Wonderous Item

I basically have 28 point stat build to work with and the 3feats I have picked are somewhat optional (I really want to hang on to craft wonderous item) The plan is to be a Mystic Theurge and I would just like to see the character maped out to level 20.

Psiblade

First Post
I can offer suggestions. I play a MT in a relatively high level campaign. The main problems are low AC and hit points. Combats tend not to last long enough to bring a lot os spells to bear. Solutions are quicken spell to expedite the number spells used in a day and Improved toughness (CW) will help with the hit point problem. Practiced spellcaster (CD) helps caster level and SR. You would have to take the feat once for each class. The main thing with a MT is to stay away from the front lines. Raging, power attacking barbarians can really hurt low ACs characters. :(

-Psiblade

Shallown

First Post
depending on the level of the game Spell peneptration is not needed until like 9th-10th level, so you could lose that one. It does become a must then though in my experience. Practice caster is a must as well. Which is two feats one for each casting class. I am building a bizarre Spirit shaman/wizard to mystic thurge (Shaman from complete divine)

Empower spell is useful but look into extend instead. Mystic Thurge makes for a very nasty buffer and being able to extend those boost can make a serious difference.

Wonderous item is a great one as well since you can build most anything between your spell list. Mix and match those arcane and divine spells in creating items will be cool.

First item to pick up is a Prayer beads with Karma bead. You won't get it for a while but get it.

You can actually self Buff yourself to the high heavens. I have a mystic thurge in the group I am running and as a support caharacter he is the go to man (elf) You can get a nasty high Ac between Arcane and Divine spells at higher levels. At least enough defenses to keep you alive.

A must have spell is also Spectral hand.

Just some mostly random advice.

Later

Remove ads