Beer, Beer & More Beer

BobProbst

First Post
Well, I shelled out the ducats for a starter homebrew kit today -- Might do my first brew on the 20th -- a pale ale perhaps.

Craig, if you have any empties still, hang on to them!

BobProbst

First Post
In the bottle

Bottled tonight -- got 42 bottles -- $0.70 each -- 4% ABV

They still have 2 weeks to go until they're fully carbonated and are supposed to keep getting better as time passes. The flavor is excellent -- fruity, hoppy and deep -- golden colored. (It's an American IPA)

Siphoning caused some trouble but I know how it's done now so next time might be easier.

The beer is quite cloudy but that's normal for homebrewed beer now I just have to worry that the fermentation is complete and my bottles don't explode!

Mark van Dyk

First Post
Exploding beer

BobProbst said:
The beer is quite cloudy but that's normal for homebrewed beer now I just have to worry that the fermentation is complete and my bottles don't explode!

Don't say that... it makes me... oh, just don't ever say that! How could you even think such a thing? Terrible. Just terrible...

Odovacar's Ghost

First Post
Bob, if you want a guinea pig, I'll be more than happy to taste/drink the first one. When it is done of course. My mouth is already watering, in an-tici-pa-tion (sung in the Rocky Horror style).

Anyway, I'll be bringing a 12-pack or two this sunday. Also, will be bringing a vegetable caserole.

I asked Tom (big red liquor) about the 120 minute IPA and it seems like they may not stock it anymore. Since hardly anyone (besides me) even bought it. So, if you want to try it, just ask and I'm sure they can order some for you.

BobProbst

First Post
Odovacar's Ghost said:
Bob, if you want a guinea pig, I'll be more than happy to taste/drink the first one. When it is done of course. My mouth is already watering, in an-tici-pa-tion (sung in the Rocky Horror style).

Anyway, I'll be bringing a 12-pack or two this sunday. Also, will be bringing a vegetable caserole.

I asked Tom (big red liquor) about the 120 minute IPA and it seems like they may not stock it anymore. Since hardly anyone (besides me) even bought it. So, if you want to try it, just ask and I'm sure they can order some for you.

Coolness.

I saw the 120min at BRL downtown but @ $9/bottle I passed. Did get Stone's Ruination IPA though -- on the first sip I thought it was TOO hoppy but after a few more swallows found it to be most excellent.

I've been drinking the Samuel Smith "Winter Welcome" -- a steal @ $2.50, down from the original $4 -- still tasty and pleasantly rich.

Odovacar's Ghost

First Post
BobProbst said:
Coolness.

I saw the 120min at BRL downtown but @ $9/bottle I passed. Did get Stone's Ruination IPA though -- on the first sip I thought it was TOO hoppy but after a few more swallows found it to be most excellent.

I've been drinking the Samuel Smith "Winter Welcome" -- a steal @ $2.50, down from the original $4 -- still tasty and pleasantly rich.
Yes, $9 a bottle is quite high. Though, just buying one and saying you have tried it, is what I did. Like that $15 Sam Adams Double Bock Chocolate, though I actually have bought 2 bottles. Tom told me, most people buy 1 to 2 cases of those Sam Adams DBC. Which is why they keep those in stock.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases