Do Half-elves and Half-orcs exist in Dawnforge?

Jehosephat

First Post
If yes, where are they? If no, why don't they? This is of concern to me especially when one considers that at least one humanoid race has definately cross bred.

obsidianelf

First Post
Nope, Half-Orcs and Half-Elves aren't present yet. Elves have only been just arrived in the world in the past 300 hundred or so years. There really hasn't been that much interaction between them and the rest of the world especially now that the civil war has gone into full swing. As for half-orcs, they aren't present yet with the Orcs staying mostly in the North and all (or maybe it's just not in significant numbers). Anyway it is your campaign and you could very easily introduce either to the game. I would check out www.pathsoflegend.org or the Dawnforge Yahoo group for some really good info.

Last edited:

obsidianelf

First Post
Jehosephat said:
This is of concern to me especially when one considers that at least one humanoid race has definately cross bred.

By the way what race has cross bred in Dawnforge? I can't think of one of hand.

Jehosephat

First Post
obsidianelf said:
By the way what race has cross bred in Dawnforge? I can't think of one of hand.

Well, upon closer inspection, I guess it does not come right out and say that they did. IMO, though, I felt it was strongly implied with certain Yuan-Ti. Like I said, it doesn't spell it out per se. The Thinbloods, though, it did say that they were a "misshapen result of degenerate acts so blasphemous, they even offend the yuan-ti." Also it describes the azir as "fallen into lifestyles of decadence and depravity . . . as the azir try to shock each other with outrageous acts of evil."

I felt, given their nature, such interaction with humans possible. And I can't imagine as evil as they are, the thought not crossing ones mind at least once.

Having said that, I could also envision a society with laws or customs that discouraged that sort of behavior. The misshapeneness could simply be a taint that was allowed to creep in as punishment for dirtying the race.

Granted, that's reading into it. But it also didn't seem like too liberal a stretch to me.

Oh, and the adventure in the back of the campaign setting has a character in the adventure who is a half (I won't say who or what so I don't spoil it)

Last edited:

Jehosephat

First Post
obsidianelf said:
Nope, Half-Orcs and Half-Elves aren't present yet. Elves have only been just arrived in the world in the past 300 hundred or so years. There really hasn't been that much interaction between them and the rest of the world especially now that the civil war has gone into full swing. As for half-orcs, they aren't present yet with the Orcs staying mostly in the North and all (or maybe it's just not in significant numbers). Anyway it is your campaign and you could very easily introduce either to the game. I would check out www.pathsoflegend.org or the Dawnforge Yahoo group for some really good info.

I'll check aout the Yahoo Group. I have never been able to ever get to the paths of legend site. I figured it went defunct.

obsidianelf

First Post
Jehosephat said:
I'll check aout the Yahoo Group. I have never been able to ever get to the paths of legend site. I figured it went defunct.

It's just offline a bit, usually during the day, it's usually online at night. It's a lot more active than the Yahoo group at present though. As for the Yuan-Ti, if you go by what it says in the official Wotc/TSR books, Yuan-Ti are humans that have fouled their blood with ancient unspeakable rites and rituals in the far distant past to become what they are now. Of course in the Forgotten Realms they were actually a Saurian race that intermingled there blood with humans to become what they are now. So in a way they are a half-breed race it just happens to be with snakes. Thin-bloods are just that, Yuan-Ti that don't have much snake blood.

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Jehosephat said:
Oh, and the adventure in the back of the campaign setting has a character in the adventure who is a half (I won't say who or what so I don't spoil it)
Yep, and one reason he's so special is that he's the world's first (and only, so far) half breed. :)

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
obsidianelf said:
(snip) As for the Yuan-Ti, if you go by what it says in the official Wotc/TSR books, Yuan-Ti are humans that have fouled their blood with ancient unspeakable rites and rituals in the far distant past to become what they are now. Of course in the Forgotten Realms they were actually a Saurian race that intermingled there blood with humans to become what they are now. So in a way they are a half-breed race it just happens to be with snakes. Thin-bloods are just that, Yuan-Ti that don't have much snake blood.

And I reckon the new FR book, The Serpent Kingdoms, is going to prove to be very useful in a Dawnforge campaign....

obsidianelf

First Post
It's one of the books I am really looking forward to this summer. I'm also hoping Fantasy Flight Games is planning some more books for the Dawnforge line. I really like the setting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases