Crossed Paths PBP

Manzanita

First Post
Per our OOC discussion, players, please post a description of your PC, and a brief list of obvious equipment. You might also want to put down some background that your character would tell to the other characters. You also might want to put in some commentary about what your PC thinks about some of the other PCs or NPCs the group has met. I'll put in some NPCs once the PCs are all there. Have fun!

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius is a short but sturdy Roman. He stands 1 meter 65 tall and has wide shoulders and a trim body. His black hair and grey eyes make him look mysterious but his everpresent grin counters that impression. He has an easy laugh and a merry twinkle in his eye. He dresses in functional clothing, just a vest and trousers.
When fighting Tullius takes on the manners of a Roman Centurion, striding confidently amidst the chaos of battle, steadying his companions where needed and shouting orders when necessary. He wields a magnificent Battleaxe and a standard issue short sword. Tullius is competent with a Bow and carries one around but prefers fighting in melee combat.

"Aye, it's true, I once served in the Legions. I was a Centurion once, but I left the Legion when it became apparent that there was much more to be seen of the world if I went on my own. That doesn't mean I no longer serve Rome, I'm proud to be a Roman."

"I'm working on this Archeological dig for my friend and mentor Senator F. Publius Varro. He sent me with Matriculus as a guard-captain. Then the gnolls showed up ... I hope he's not dead. Publius would be crushed."

(I'll add some more when the urge strikes me :) )

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis is slight and bookish in appearance, a gray elf of average height (5'1"), with long blonde hair always kept braided away from his face. He has strong angular features and pale blue eyes which give him a mysterious look, but despite his elven blood he is more awkward than attractive, however he retains an intensity of presence and his melodious voice is easy on the ear. He is typically dressed in wizard's robes and keeps himself meticulously clean and well tended. Occassionaly, whilst outdoors he keeps the company of a Raven which will at times sit on his shoulder and seemingly converse with him. He usually seems quite watchful and guarded in his opinions, considering his words before speaking yet failing to control the show of emotions over his face quite so well. On occassions when roused to passion however, he appears quite the opinionated and skilled debater.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Mendicus

Mendicus is the Gaelic servent of Brioc. He keeps himself very neat and clean, but is otherwise quite unremarkable of appearence. He has close cropped straight brown hair, and dark brown eyes. He wears plain leather armor, and carries a long sword and a light crossbow. He also carries a backpack with food, torches and other useful items.

From stories he has told, and from Brioc, the party knows that Mendius' father was a servent of Brioc's father. Brioc has known Mendicus since childhood. They were never close, not even friends, really, but Brioc does know Mendicus' parents and even extended family.

Mendicus was given to Brioc by Brioc's father to help him in his quest. Since then, Mendicus' service has been impeccable. Mendicus himself generally avoids discussing his own goals and motivations for being along, merely saying his place is with Brioc.

The only notable exception to Mendicus' long history of loyal service is an episode Brioc remembers from their teenage years. At age 16, Mendicus seemed to rebel at the boring life of a servent. He packed his bags and left home. He returned about 6 months later, and resumed his place in the LLwyd household. He never talked much about the trip he took, but he evidently came around to believing that life as a well-treated servent wasn't so bad.

Manzanita

First Post
Grassus

Grassus was discovered by the Party in the second level of the caverns, as a servent of a group of gnolls which the party killed. Grassus is old, about 55, and quite frail. He also only seems to speak gnoll. He has told some about his past and the other slaves who live in the caverns. He is Greek in appearance, with black eyes and thick grey hair.

"There are two groups of slaves. Most are taken from the village of Thracia. This must be where I was born. Where my mother and father lived, perhaps with many brothers and sisters..." he wipes away a tear. "I have no memory of this place. I hear it is beautiful, where people are free to roam the woods, to hunt and fish, to grow their own crops. The gnolls beat us if they hear us speak that language."

"The other group was taken from another city, farther away, all at once. I remember when they came. I was not so old then. Sometimes there are other slaves. Even as you, Master Ehldannis, and the stubby ones," he nods at Dhormium. "I do not always see them often. I know not exactly who is here."

Manzanita

First Post
Sergius Ulma

The party first me Sergius in the wilderness outside Sevastopol. He was disguised as Roman archeologist/soldier. He distracted the party with his talk of local history as a group of orcs snuck up on them. When the orcs attacked, Sergius abandoned his disguise and backstabbed the bard, Nathaniel, killing him.

The party first noticed Sergius when a spear he was carrying caught fire as he approached their campsite. This spear was broken in the ensuing combat, and the party retained the glowing spearhead. This weapon is clearly magical, but Ehldannis’ spells have been unable to identify the nature of this magic. This makes Ehldannis suspect the spear could be very potent magic indeed. Octar now carries this firely spearhead in a juryrigged cooking pot. Occationally the spearhead stops glowing, and appears to be a normal weapon of its kind. The party has not determined what causes it to sometimes glow and sometimes not.

Sergius is evidently a half orc. But he seems to have spent time in Rome, and convinced another archeologist and a Roman Senator to sponser and fund an expedition. He then investigated the caverns and evidently found the spearpoint in there. His orcs then evidently sacked and massacred the expedition, killing everyone except Tullius and the other archeologist, Matriculus.

While underground, he evidently met G’ruk the Lizardman shamen and gave him a gold armband. G’ruk then allowed him to follow the river through his territory where he found the spear.

Manzanita

First Post
G'ruk, the Lizardman Shamen

G’ruk met the party on the first level of the caverns. He bartered briefly with Brioc, in Druidic, but then attacked the party with his warband, apparently in an effort to capture one party member to use as a sacrifice to allow him to access some treasure from under the river. He claims to have found a message written in ancient greek saying “Cast the blood of man on the troubled waters.” He interpreted that to mean a human sacrifice would allow him to bypass the Kraken he says infests the river and give him access to great treasures.

After the party killed his band and Brioc brought him back from the brink of death with a healing spell, G’ruk struck a bargain with the party to help them find ancient artifacts if they would help him find ancient Saurial artifacts. He met them as promised, but was dragged underwater and evidently killed by a water elemental while on his way to show them a secret door he had found to ancient Saurial caves.

Though he has seemed trustworthy since he struck his bargain with Brioc, Grassus is convinced he is thoroughly evil.

Manzanita

First Post
Ecthow the Silent

Ecthow was one of the original party members. He is a barbarian from the cold north of Europe. A Viking. He fought loyally with the party against the Wendol, but was struck down with the same swamp fevor that felled Khenemetsobek and Glaucon. But while these later two died from their illness, Ecthow recovered. He regained consciousness while the party was investigating the underwater route to the Wendol stronghold. He mounted his horse and dashed after them into the Crimean wilderness and has not been heard from again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases