D&D 3E/3.5 Wicked Witch in 3.5E

Endur

First Post
How would you build a Wicked Witch NPC in 3.5E?

Would you use a human with the Sorceror or Wizard class? A prc? The Witch class from the DMG?

Would you take one of the Hag races or the Night Hag and add class levels/PRC levels?

Would you do something else?

(By Wicked Witch, I mean the Witch from the Wizard of Oz, or the Witch from Chronicles of Narnia or any other source of Wicked Witches).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Either a hag of the appropriate sort (with a few levels of DMG witch), or sorcerer.

Frankly, there needs to be a hag template -- the current options really aren't satisfying to me, and I've mulled this one over myself in the past.

Urbannen

First Post
Wouldn't she be a druid? The movie version, at least. She had power over trees, flowers, flying monkeys, and the element of fire.

She could also teleport, scry, and fly with the aid of a broom. There isn't really a class just like that in D&D though. Adept?

I don't think she'd be a hag, either, just because she didn't exhibit nearly that kind of physical strength.

dcollins

Explorer
I recommend a Druid/Sorcerer multiclass. I actually played a character based on that analysis and called him a "warlock". My plan was to take 2 levels of Druid and everything else Sorcerer (or vice-versa, now I can't remember). Lots and lots of spells at a low level, combination of divine (whole list available to prepare) + arcane (spontaneous casting flexibility), only one lost level of spells in the main class, worked really well as a PC.

uzagi_akimbo

First Post
For "canon" use - add druid/sorcerer levels to a weak hag (check FR-UE for the Shrieking Hag and her kin ). A thiefling might be a good base race to use, too, for a witch with demonic origins, although this one would work better for a wizardly witch. A Volodni (FR-UE) might serve as a good foundation race for a strange, plant-like witch with druidic powers .
Or go the geomancer (CD) path - druid +sorc and some fun 'shifts' and physical abnormality and wickedness is yours

Outside the "canon"
Use the excellent "Witch" core class and prestige-classes ( among them the wonderfully clichedd evil stepmother "infernal witch" ) in the "Witches Handbook" by Green Ronin.

For monstrous wicked witches check the hags in S&SS' "Creature collection I & II" for the Scarred Lands setting.

Red Baron

First Post
uzagi_akimbo said:
For monstrous wicked witches check the hags in S&SS' "Creature collection I & II" for the Scarred Lands setting.
Specifically, Creature Collection Revised has a new treatment of the many types of Scarred Lands hags as templates - perfect for your "wicked witch."

Cheers,

Go Sorceress4/Druid3/Hathan X

Hathran 3.5 from players guide to faerun, AWSOME class and really great abilities. And they are called witches in their homeland and it's kinda of a witchclass in my eyes.

For the greatest power build you would have to go Sorc 4/ Cleric 3/ Hath X and take the hath + caster levels in cleric because a cleric doesn't really lose anything out compared to her former class. Druid gives up too much in the from of wildshape and stuff.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases