Storms of Change, Part 3

silentspace

First Post
--

Silentspace's PbP

--

In the Prin River Valley...

Our party takes turns keeping an eye on the hidden base of Hextor's, watching warily from behind the cover of the hill, until night falls. Manzanita takes the first night watch, her elven vision allowing her to keep an eye on the base in the moonlight.

The night air is filled with the sounds of insects and owls, and the occasional muffled, unidentified rustling. Morning mist soon fills the valley, as it did the night before.

The party wakes at first light, feeling unusually refreshed and invigorated. Having faced and overcome many challenges, they feel their capabilities have grown. Each hero awakens energized, and the dawn hours are filled with each person training, sparring, and studying in their own way. After breakfast, the heroes feel more ready to face the world then they have ever before.

Second Day, Earth Week, Sheep Moon, 3872 AE [mid-August]

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"We are fortunate for the peaceful night. Let us strike again fast. It is possible they are still unaware of the extent of damage we have done."

GPEKO

First Post
Bert

Early in the morning, Filbert gets up and chants softly a prayer to his god:

Oh Great Fharlanghn,
Dweller on the Horizon,
I thank thee, for the hidden marvel you allow me to see,
I thank thee, for the forgotten music you allow me to hear,
I thank thee, for the exotic fragrance you allow me to smell,
I thank thee, for the foreign spice you allow me to taste,
I thank thee, for the all the other things you allow me to experience,
I thank thee, for the unexpected companions you allow me to meet.

Oh Great Fharlanghn,
Tireless Traveler,
I will travel the world, seeking the wonders of it,
I will protect those who wishes to do the same,
I will thank thee, for you guide my path,
This, I promise thee.

After this, as the others quickly prepare themselves for the day, Filbert retrieves the two scroll cases he found on the first hextorite priest, examines them briefly, opens them, and reads the scrolls inside (if any). If any looks like magical scrolls, he'll use a read magic spell to decipher them.

silentspace

First Post
The first leather scroll case has a simple leather cap. Sliding the cap off, Filbert pulls out a parchment with what appears to be magical writing on it. The second bone scroll case, the one sealed with the red wax seal of Hextor, opens with a flash of sulphur. Filbert reacts quickly, jumping away and evading the hot, fiery flash. He sees the paper in the tube quickly burn to a crisp, becoming nothing more than fine black ash.

Filbert casts Read Magic on the remaining scroll (from the leather scroll case). It is a divine scroll of Remove Fear.

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn nods in agreement with Manzanita's words. "If it is necessary to continue this, we should do it quickly and soon. The longer we wait, the more time they have to prepare, whether or not they are aware of us and our incursion." She stretches and begins to pack up the rest of her things.

Verbatim

Explorer
Leaving his backpack behind once more, Dunathar nods in agreement with the others as he straps his crossbow to his back and double checks his weapons.

"A quick strike to break the weakened line is needed. Afterwards, we disappear into the woods and head to a town."

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"OK. Let's go."

OOC: I'll get Alyssa posted, thank you Silentspace. Yes, I already leveled her. I think we've got enough here to get moving again.

GPEKO

First Post
Bert

Filbert puts on his armor, straps on his buckler, and loads a bolt on his crossbow. He sighs and says: "Ok, let's do this."

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Swirling mists fill the valley, limiting vision to forty feet. The short trek back to the hidden lair is uneventful. Dunathar pauses at the base of the hill, below the lookout post, and listens for a sentry. He hears none.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases