OT: Death Metal & Black Metal

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Any other fans of the "extreme noise terror" out there. I figured on a board ike this, especially with you scandinavian guys out there, there would be some fans of extreme music.

Just wondering what you are listening to, and if you have any recomendations. I need some new bands to listen to.

Currently my three disc cd player in my truck has:
Entombed: Clandestine
Morbid Angel: Covenant
Grave: Hating Life

Thanks
Dirge

Dr Midnight

Explorer
I'm into thrash and progressive, but honestly the whole black metal/death metal thing does nothing for me. Every band's photo is of people with parted, long black hair staring up at the camera beneath surly eyebrows. No thanks. I like Exodus, Overkill, Shadows Fall, Helloween, Maiden, Gamma Ray, etc...

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
death metal rules!

I was just blasting Decapitated's Winds of Creation in the car at lunch. Not much of a black metal fan but there are a few Emperor songs that are cool. As for killer death metal here is what I would recommend.

Vader - Black to the Blind, Litany
Death - Human, Symbolic, The Sound of Perseverance
Decapitated - Winds of Creation
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick, Covenant
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Re: death metal rules!

Flexor the Mighty! said:
I was just blasting Decapitated's Winds of Creation in the car at lunch. Not much of a black metal fan but there are a few Emperor songs that are cool. As for killer death metal here is what I would recommend.

Yeah, I have heard some good things about Opeth, I will have to check them out. A friend of mine has been telling me that Cryptopsy is simply the best, I have yet to hear them. You?

Dirge

Decamber

First Post
BLACKDIRGE said:
...especially with you scandinavian guys out there, there would be some fans of extreme music.

LOL! :D

Well, I just have to open my wallet and fetch my heart-shaped note where I write those things down. Wait a minute....... Yeah, here goes:

* I ChainSAW u last weekzor
* Bloody Gutz
* God, Satan and Tervetoula

Those are my favourites.

ghettognome

First Post
I personally lean towards industrial, though I do have a very broad taste in music. I do recommend The Union Underground to anyone who wants to hear something by a metal band. I don't think they got nearly enough publicity to put out more than the album that is out. Also Full System Purge I hear is sort of good. I personally have only heard the song (Therapy) off of one of their albums, but I really like it a lot.

ancient_ones

First Post
In no particular order
Mayhem
Dark Throne
Dark funeral
Immortal
Satyricon
early Cannibal corpse
Immolation
Incantation
early Morbid Angel
Destroyer666
Bathory
Absu
Enslaved
Emperor
Gorgoroth
War
Grave
Marduk
Angel Corpse
Vader
Just to name a few

cybernetic

Explorer
Re: death metal rules!

Flexor the Mighty! said:

Vader is really good....my old band (Wicked Nothing) actually opened for them when they played ohio...some of the other good bands on that bill were

- Gorgutz
- Devin Empire

you might also wanna check out
- Forensic Dissection
- Internal Bleeding
- Hatebreed
- Meshuggah
- FearFactory (their first album " Soul of a New Machine"was kinda industrial deathmetal)

cybernetic

Explorer
ghettognome said:
I personally lean towards industrial, though I do have a very broad taste in music. I do recommend The Union Underground to anyone who wants to hear something by a metal band. I don't think they got nearly enough publicity to put out more than the album that is out. Also Full System Purge I hear is sort of good. I personally have only heard the song (Therapy) off of one of their albums, but I really like it a lot.

If you are into Industrial you would like my band....www.slavestitched.com

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases