Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis curses under his breath. I have little magic that is of use against such a creature and even then I must bring myself into contact with it. The elf wizard dithers before falling into the calm of a defensive spellcasting. He breathes a sigh of relief as multiple Ehldannis's appear and split off from him confusing the eye. [Casts Mirror Image]

doghead

thotd
Marcus takes a step back from the waters edge, nocking an arrow to his bow. He's not exactly sure what it is that they are dealing with, but it doesn't look natural. He doubts that his arrows will bother the creature much.

Cast the blood of man on the waters ... The thought keeps hammering away in Marcus' head. That was how G'ruk planned to pacify, or was it appease?, the creature of the river. Marcus releases the tension from his bow and with the arrowhead, makes a small cut on his arm. He smears the head of the arrow with blood. He renocks the arrow and looks for a clear shot.

Jarval

Explorer
"G'ruk!" Brioc yells, trying to grab the lizardman as he's pulled under the water. This tactic failing, he quickly calls out for aid, summoning a sword of pure fire to his hand.

"Let's see how you like this!" He yells, slashing at where he assumes the elemental to be.

Manzanita

First Post
10/23 10 am

The shamen is quickly gone beneath the waves. His crocodile flicks its tail and dives after his master. Some amount of thrashing is evident underwater, but the lantern light doesn't reveal any details of the underwater struggle, just streaks of dark blood on the surface.

Tullius charges into the water, but it gets deep quickly, and he can't get far without diving in. Brioc's flamings sword sizzles in the waves, but the elemental no longer appears to be on the surface. After a

After a minute has passed, the crocodile carcass surfaces, body broken and skin ripped. The water has become still and silent.

Despaxas

First Post
"By Jove! He's gone." Tullius whirls towards Brioc. "What WAS that thing? And most importantly what do we do now?"

Jarval

Explorer
"Damn it, damn it, damn it!" Brioc curses as the dead crocodile surfaces. He stares down into the water a moment longer, then looks back to Tullius.

"That was a water elemental, and a powerful one at that. Far beyond my ability to call, and I suspect beyond that of G'ruk's. As for what we do now, we go onwards. I think we have enough information to find our way from here, and hopefully the elemental is satisfied with it's kill."

He turns back to the water, oddly saddened by G'ruk's death.

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium turns to Brioc and can speaks softly~

“I think he was on our side my friend, so he tried to help you with your cause. Try to think about him that way and then maybe his death won’t seem like it was for nothing. Look where we are now, and what we are about to do, surely it would have not been this way if this man did not believe in us.

~And at that Dhormium walks away from Brioc, so that he can let it sink in. Clearly the man felt more for the strange druid then he had let the other know.~

ooc: gone till sunday, see my ooc post.

Despaxas

First Post
"Very well then, we'll move onwards without the lizardman. I only hope that Elemental doesn't show up again. And does anyone have an idea what he meant by "Betrayed"? Betrayed by us? Betrayed by the King? Or perhaps his own kind, if so we'll have to be on our guard against the rest of the lizardfolk."

Tullius shrugs. "This place is getting more dangerous every day instead of less. It's never easy."

Jarval

Explorer
"I don't know." Brioc says in response to Tullius' question. "The most likely thing I can think is that he assumed I had conjured the elemental, but it was well beyond my ability to do so. As for where it came from, there are a few alternatives. G'ruk could have summoned it, which would explain his feeling of betrayal, but I don't think he could have done it. Another of his tribe or one of the other inhabitants of these caves could have called it, which is a worrying thought to say the least. Or it could merely be a native to this place itself, and G'ruk provided convenient prey.

"Anyway, let us continue on. We have nothing to gain by remaining here, and the elemental might return."

Manzanita

First Post
where to?

Where will you head? To return to where you were, you would have to cross the river, and perhaps risk the aeriel thread G'ruk mentioned. You could also continue down the river to the East. Or... I'll let you think of anything else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads