Keith Baker (creator of Eberron) Q & A thread

Kai Lord

Hero
I thought it might be a good idea to post a "one stop shopping thread" for questions to Eberron creator Keith Baker, to make it easier for us to get Keith's attention as more and more Eberron threads pop up.

Keith, would you be so kind as to participate insofar as your NDA allows?

I'll get the ball rolling.

1. How are the Drow perceived by residents of Khorvaire or other elves for that matter? Do they live underground? Are they highly territiorial/paranoid/xenophobic or just plain evil?

2. What's your favorite element of Eberron that was *not* your idea, but came from one of the other WOTC lead designers?

3. What element specific to Eberron (be it a mechanic like action points or flavor like deathless elves) were you most excited about implementing into Core D&D?

Thanks in advance!

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Kai, great idea for this thread. Kudos. I dont want to hijack it, but i'd like to remind people that in 2 weeks or so Keith will be in the Eberron chatroom for a live Q&A. In the meantime the chatroom is open for general eberron chat and organizing games.

4. What was the original inspiration behind the mournland?

dead

Explorer
Dear Mr. Baker

Does the campaign book show a map of the ENTIRE Eberron globe?

Was Eberron your own campaign setting before you decided to publish it?

If it was your own campaign setting, what RPG system were you using for it?

Acid_crash

First Post
What other PrC from other sources would you say best fit the concept and world of Eberron? Let's start with official WotC splatbooks for now, then branch off into other companies books.

Can you tell us more about the drow on Eberron?

I know you guys didn't really plan on putting any of the races in the XPH into Eberron (since you didn't know what the races were going to actually be while you were writing Eberron), but if you had your way, how would you put the Elan, Xeph, Dromites, Maenads, and Half-Giants into the world?

Did you dance a happy jig when WotC told you that you were picked? ;)

How does it feel to be king of the roleplaying world for this brief time period? ;)

Gez

First Post
Kai, you may want to hunt some of the other Eberron threads to quote questions and answers that have already been posted.

Gez

First Post
I thought that only living things can become undead.

Of course, warforged are called living construct.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases