What Level Adventure Module Do You Most Need?

What level adventure module would you find most useful?

• Lvls 1-3

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • Lvls 4-7

Votes: 53 34.4%
  • Lvls 8-10

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • Lvls 11-13

Votes: 29 18.8%
  • Lvls 14-16

Votes: 39 25.3%
  • Lvls 17-20

Votes: 41 26.6%
  • Low Epic Levels (21-25)

Votes: 32 20.8%
  • High Epic Levels (26+)

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • PCs are Gods

Votes: 7 4.5%

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I'd really like to see a good high level (not Epic) module that is well thought out, and written to accomodate the sort of powers, skills and crazy ideas that high level characters can pull off.

the Jester

Legend
Raven, from what I've seen of your writing, any level of adventure that you wrote would be worth buying, and if I could find it I'd pick it up. :) I say do something high level- something between 10th and 20th. If you include scaling guidelines in it, you can make an adventure suitable for a party four or so levels in either direction, too.

Menexenus

First Post
I voted for levels 1-3 because I find it very difficult to come up with interesting challenges for parties of low levels. The emphasis here is on *interesting*. I guess I've been playing D&D now for so long that the inevitable orcs/goblins and skeletons/zombies as stock adversaries at low levels are getting very boring. When I'm starting a new campaign at low levels, I need some new and interesting ideas about how to challenge them without guaranteeing a TPK.

Voadam

Legend
There are plenty of modules for about 1st through 12th level but then they taper off significantly in numbers. It would be good to have more pre-done scenario options for very high level play.

Arnwyn

First Post
11+ (especially 15+). There is a frighteningly sparse number of high-level adventures available - which is particularly bad since they are the toughest and most time-consuming to design (considering the stats of a high-level character).

The last thing I want to see are 1st level adventures... I've got enough of those to last me through bi-monthly TPKs until I'm 80 (same with 5th level adventures, for some strange reason) - and I'm being entirely serious. I'm somewhat surprised that levels 1-3 has been heavily chosen (so far) in the poll above - have players become so incompetent lately that there are constant TPKs and everyone's back at 1st level yet again?

W3rd.

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
Like Menexenus, I too find myself having difficulty coming up with interesting 1st through 3rd level adventures. For me it much easier to create as the levels increase, though epic is something I have never tangled with before (and I am not sure if I want to).

I also have to agree with arnwyn, unless you are into either Monte's Banewarrens or Necromancers undead modules like the Bonegarden, the pickings are slim.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases