Creature Catalog - in XML or Database Format?

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
First things, first: very nice work on the CC!! :)

Would it be a lot of effort to offer a download of the CC in XML format or in a database format? MySQL, Access, whatever?

Or at least offer a download of all the HTML sheets in one big zip?

Lastly, and slightly off topic, has anyone converted the Spider-Demons (Lycosidilith et. al.) to 3.5?

Andargor

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
ya got me - blacksway (IIRC) did most of the programming. :D at one point we had a PDF of all the creatures' stats in one book, but the folks who put that together don't have the time to keep up with such an ever-expanding resource. :p

as far as the spider-demons, we have not yet gotten to updating them to 3.5 ... but all in due time, as there are a lot to go through. :)

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
BOZ said:
ya got me - blacksway (IIRC) did most of the programming. :D at one point we had a PDF of all the creatures' stats in one book, but the folks who put that together don't have the time to keep up with such an ever-expanding resource. :p

Hehe. Well, actually, just a zipped archive of the HTML files would be good. I could parse them into XML, if you want. All in one PDF is great for reading, but there's not much else you can do with it as far as parsing and creating monster lists, for example. :)

BOZ said:
as far as the spider-demons, we have not yet gotten to updating them to 3.5 ... but all in due time, as there are a lot to go through. :)

I would offer to do them, but we are currently playing The Rod of Seven Parts, and it would break my fun to analyze them and annoy my DM greatly, since I'm the party Wizard. I could really ruin his day... :D

Andargor

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
well, i have no idea how to access the html files, nor do i have the ability to put them in PDF. for the last couple of years or so, they have all gone straight into a database (php?)

Vlos

First Post
BOZ, who has access to the php database? In searching site I do not see a link to grab them all. For individuals who would want them this would save on downloads and web site hits. Otherwise we would have to click on every link to download them all.

Great work to all by the way.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i don't know of any way to download everything all at once - but it would be quite nice to be able to do that. all i can tell you is that i beleive Blacksway set up the php, so if there is any way to do that he would be the man to see.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases