Institute Issue #1: Fire and Flesh

Drakknyte32

First Post
Paul continued his heedless descent. If their was one thing he liked the most about his new form it was this, the utter thrill of diving down on his prey. The speed and power he felt was exhilirating.

But all to soon he had to pull out of his dive. As he neared the grown he snaps out his wings and makes one mighty flap. A massive blast of wind rushes out from around him as he lands heavily on the ground.

"Thank you for travelling on Dragon airlines, now get off and lets pound this sucker."

OOC:
Continuing my descent and landing in an (almost) controlled manner. If I can I will make a stun attack against the fire user.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"Thanks Big Buddy!" Cricket says as he jumps off the wyrm and starts scanning the area. His helmet is shaped like an insects head with two antenna protruding from the front. He flicks a switch on the side and the antenna come to life scanning for radio waves and allowing for all around vision.

ooc: Searching for any radio signals that may be abnormal for this area. ie.. no radios, police, fire/rescue... etc

Velmont

First Post
San Fransisco, San Fransisco Sky, 10h45

Initiative: Strob(19) - Fire Elemental(16) - Psykin(16) - Naiad(13) - Cricket(13) - Space Bender(7) - Drake(3)

The water seems to get out of the streets and run to the fire elemental, and quickly form a dome around the elemental. His aura seems to weaken a bit.

While waiting to be able to land, Cricket start to scan all the broadcasting.

... we need three more firetrucks ... a police car is ask ... control tower, we ask to all engine to leave the area ... is that dome? Find which mutant can create that. Where the MCA get that one? We need that info before next pubs, understood ... will we do our hunting trip ...

Space Bender appears at 30 ft from the water globe. He seems to carry something that's look like a fire extinguisher. Two of them.

Drake try to land near the dome, but Cricket doesn't help his landing, and finally land just on the border of the dome, at 10 ft of the platinium. He flaps his wings to try to stun his opponent, but the wave seems absorbed by the water.

Save(DC:23-Reflex) Result: 29 (Half-Cover from the water)
Save(DC:14-Fortitude) Result: 25

Strobs appears next to Space Bender and takes one of the fire extenguisher. "Thanks, that's will be usefull."

The Elemental starts to walk out of the dome and jump into the nearest fire. On the way, the ground seems to blow in small pieces. Psykin blast miss it from an inch. The fire around him sems to engulf him and nobody can see him.

OOC: Psykin had delayed and is now after the fire elemental. Up to Naiad now.

buzzard

First Post
"Well another SNAFU, why am I not surprised? I think I remember this happening before." Immortal comments as he pull out his pistol and returns fire. [this should be a pretty much +5L pistol]

He doesn't really bother to take cover.

buzzard

Rybaer

First Post
"Can't quite put him out, eh?" Naiad mutters in mild disappointment.

She flings the entire mass of water comprising the dome onto the fire that the elemental jumped into. She will then conjure another 9,000 gallons of water on and over the fire in an effort to quench his cover.

(ooc - sustain Weather Control and Invisibility; Control Water to move the dome onto the fire - half action - and then Conjure Water over the fire - half action)

Drakknyte32

First Post
Drake manuvers for a better position and pulls back his wings to release another blast of wind at the fire elemental.

OOC:
Half action: Move 50' to get a shot at him without cover
Half action: Stunning attack again.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Still scanning the area for unusual broadcasts, Anthony's carapace comes to life and small servos restructure components of itself into an energy shunt designed to bleed off excess heat. Once his Heat shield is completed he will walk into the fire looking to get into physical combat with the elemental.

"Commander? can you hear me over the radio link? I'm ready to dance with this idiot." He says over his communication unit in his helmet.

ooc: use gadgeteering to create a force feild that works against heat and fire attacks. The effect is Cricket's carapace helmet, gloves and boots become heat absorbing units that protect his body from excess heat damage. it should also give him immunity to heat/fire.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
San Fransisco, San Fransisco Sky, 10h46

Initiative: Strob(19) - Fire Elemental(16) - Psykin(16) - Naiad(13) - Cricket(13, HP:1) - Space Bender(7) - Drake(3)

The water dome slowly starts to move, and englobe the fire, which extinguish itself. Some water fall on the fire around the globe. What was a hellfire on 40ft square is now nothing more than some small fire camp fire.

While the fire starts to burns out, a cold aura appears around Crikets (Work as absorbtion:Fire at level 10. Having the feats would cost you another HP, to gain immunities at your power rank. If you want to gain it, you can spend do it this turn.)

"Commander? can you hear me over the radio link? I'm ready to dance with this idiot... he's gone!" say crikets when he looks around. There is no sign of the mutant. He seems to have dissapeared.

You hear both in your radio and near you, Space Bender who say: "That bastard have teleported. It was a small jump, but I sensed it."

"Find it, and block his teleport skill." say Campbell in the radio.

OOC: Now it is up to Drake. As you have no more target, I suppose you'll want to change your action...

Last edited:

Drakknyte32

First Post
Seeing that his target was no longer available Drake spreads his wings and leaps into the air. As he rises he looks around intently, trying to see where the fire elemental had gone.

OOC:
Rising to get a better view and then making a spot check to find the fire elemental.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Anvil

"It's a trap!" everyone can hear in there radio. It is Stravenski, on the Occidental team, that told this. It was his last words, as a bomb explode in the office. Anvil is blow, and fall throught the floor who is falling apart. He finish in the main office, under some fragments of the building.

Out of nowhere, about twelves men appears in the garage, and starts to fire on the oriental team.

I really hate being blown up, Anvil thinks as the picks himself up off the flower.

Dust and bits of plaster slide from his body. His clothes are a mess, but his iron-hard skin is unscratched. Over the ringing in his ears, it takes him a moment to realize that the sounds he hears are gunfire and not radio static. Gritting his teeth, he rushes toward the garage.

"Agents in need of assistance in garage! Shots fired!" he growls into the radio.

OOC: Double move of 160 ft. toward garage to see what's going on.

Remove ads