[Poll] What unusual PC races has your group played ?

Unusual Races played by your Group:

• Orc

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • Goblin

Votes: 45 18.1%
  • Kobold

Votes: 54 21.7%
  • Gnoll/Hobgoblin/Bugbear/Lizardman

Votes: 80 32.1%
  • Minotaur or Ogre

Votes: 93 37.3%
  • Drow

Votes: 89 35.7%
  • Aasimar/Thiefling/FR Elemental types

Votes: 140 56.2%
  • Half Celestial / Fiend

Votes: 75 30.1%
  • Lycanthrope

Votes: 61 24.5%
  • Never had unusual races / DM didnt allow

Votes: 31 12.4%

Rashak Mani

First Post
Click on all the Races your groups have played before as a regular PC in a normal campaign.... multiple choices available

Last edited:

Orco42

First Post
I have players that were orc, kobold, Half Celestial, Aasimar, Tiefling, lizardman, nixie, pixie, troll, giant, thi kreen, a spellcasting frog and others.

Including a human mage that was reincarnated as a badger and continued with that character.

When you talk about polymorphs and strange magic effects we had a winged feebleminded dog, and a miniature bald purple caribou.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Several actually

We've had a bugbear, half-dragon, and a drow. But the campaign is still young, so ther's plenty of time for more.

EOL

First Post
I really wanted to take advantage of the monsters as PC's in 3E, to the point that I actually gave XP bonuses to people who started with a new character rather than raising their old one. So we've had Drow, Tielflings, Half-Celestials, Yuan-ti, Bugbears and Half-Dragons.

My general impression is that it's pretty balanced over all.

Holy Bovine

First Post
I only played one non-standard race. A Neutral lizardman cleric. the campaign only lasted two sessions though - not becasue fo the monster PCs but just general disinterest in the game (2nd edition AD&D).

Other than that I don't allow non-stadard PC races although I am going to include some of the alternate human races in the Scarred Lands DM Screen Companion. Great little supplement and screen though the art on the side the players have to look at is simply awful.

novyet

First Post
IMC, orcs, hobgoblins, goblins, kobolds, lizardmen, and similar races are all valid pc choices. The only limits I set are ecl. You can't use a creature whose ecl would put you over the limit for the group, and all monster races must have a class. Everyone seems to enjoy it.

Carnifex

First Post
Well, in a Planescape campaign I ran in 2e and then 3e, we had a half-dragon, an aasimar, a tiefling, a bariaur and a drow (there was only one human in the party!).

In a game another guy ran, we went a bit mental and had a half-dragon half-celestial (base race human!) :), a githyanki, and probably some other cheesy combos as well.

In the current game I'm running online there's two genasi and an aasimar.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases