[Poll] What unusual PC races has your group played ?

Unusual Races played by your Group:

• Orc

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • Goblin

Votes: 45 18.1%
  • Kobold

Votes: 54 21.7%
  • Gnoll/Hobgoblin/Bugbear/Lizardman

Votes: 80 32.1%
  • Minotaur or Ogre

Votes: 93 37.3%
  • Drow

Votes: 89 35.7%
  • Aasimar/Thiefling/FR Elemental types

Votes: 140 56.2%
  • Half Celestial / Fiend

Votes: 75 30.1%
  • Lycanthrope

Votes: 61 24.5%
  • Never had unusual races / DM didnt allow

Votes: 31 12.4%

Warchild

First Post
Hmmm lets see...over the last few campaigns we have had:
Aasimar
Air Gensai
Pixie
Githyanki
Half-Janni

Mostly humans, with a couple dwarves, a couple elves, a gnomes, and a halfling.

Ruined

Explorer
Let's see, in my two current Planescape campaigns:

Minotaur
Drow
2 Tieflings
Fire Genasi
Skaven

The skaven, for those who don't know, are those wicked rat-men from the Warhammer Fantasy world. They have various clans of wizards, plague-monks, and assassins.

I have also offered to use some other races, such as the T'Skrang and Obsidamen from Earthdawn. Great world setting, minus the Horrors. ;)

Psion

Adventurer
Currently, I have an alternate game with two half-celestial elves.

I had a minotaur for 1 game... I have a scaled down version of a minotaur more fit for PC consumption.

In my 2e games, I had lots of stuff... a gnoll, two half dragons, one bronze dragon (only for a few sessions), an Al Karak Elan (before they made them into Avariel), and lots of wierdo stuff that goes with being a teenager back in the day.

Hattersai

First Post
I had a werebear in one of my games. I have a weakness for Ranma .5 and this player knew it. When he wanted to change characters I couldn't say no to a werepander cursed to change when he got wet. Those were some good times.

Aloïsius

First Post
I play with a lot of people ( more than 40 in the last two years) so I have seen many non-standard characters :
Ad&d
aasimar, tiefling, minotaur, githzerai, genasi, lycanthrope
D&D 3
aasimar, half-celestial half-halfling, half-celestial half drow, half dragons, lizard men, kobold, and, the worst, my dear elven shade reincarnated in a centaur : centaur shade sorcerer shadow adept . :p

Kesh

First Post
Pevishan said:
"I cannot believe that God plays dice with the Cosmos"-Albert Einstien

"Not only does he play dice, sometimes he throws them where they cannot be seen." S. Hawkings

Sorry, just had to correct this. It's Stephen Hawking, no 's' on the end. :)

Regarding the topic, I haven't been in a game where it's happened yet. But I want to play a gnoll!

When I do run Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil as DM, though, I plan on allowing some low ECL races.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases