[Poll] What unusual PC races has your group played ?

Unusual Races played by your Group:

• Orc

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • Goblin

Votes: 45 18.1%
  • Kobold

Votes: 54 21.7%
  • Gnoll/Hobgoblin/Bugbear/Lizardman

Votes: 80 32.1%
  • Minotaur or Ogre

Votes: 93 37.3%
  • Drow

Votes: 89 35.7%
  • Aasimar/Thiefling/FR Elemental types

Votes: 140 56.2%
  • Half Celestial / Fiend

Votes: 75 30.1%
  • Lycanthrope

Votes: 61 24.5%
  • Never had unusual races / DM didnt allow

Votes: 31 12.4%

JackGiantkiller

First Post
All the critters in the poll plus:

Animal headed people ala Egyptian myth
Anthropomorphic animals from fennecs to pumas (yes, this is different than animal headed people)
Half dragons
Half giants
dworgs (ala Midnight)
a hill giant

others as well...the list is too long.

Cyberhawk

Community Supporter
In a Spelljammer campaign I played a lizardman acrobat. Was a lot of fun actually. :)

In my last DnD game I used a homebrew world where along with the core races Hobgoblins were a significant force and had a nation of their own. One player chose a hobgob as a PC. It all worked out surprisingly well.

Axegrrl

First Post
I am currently playing a pixie rogue in one game.

In another game, I play the lone human character in a party with a tiefling, a ghaele, an astral deva, and a non-evil rakshasha variant. We started them all at first level (via Savage Species).

One epic game I was in had a half-celestial/half-rakshasa, an axiomatic gnoll, a half-celestial/half-dragon, and I forget what else. My bronze dragon seemed almost normal by comparison.

all the ones on the poll except Orc. Plus the following:
Lich
Death Knight
Vampire
Saureal (Sp??)
Half-grey dwarf
Half-drow
half-dragon
Winged elf
Aquatic elf
And a menagerie of home brew creatures.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
Minotaur, moogle, goblin, orc, thri-kreen, planetouched, mind flayer, undead and counting. :cool:

And we haven't even started 3e Spelljammer yet...

painandgreed

First Post
My current party has a pixie fighter, a half feind rogue, a drow assassin, a toy bullette* wizard, and an incubbus.

*DM creation and character which is basically a medium sized intelligent bullette

Templetroll

Explorer
I played a lizardman once and that was cool. He would drink the blood from the heart of those he killed. halfway through the campaign the tough ranger died and three of the party members joined in to drink her blood to keep her strength with us. :)

My wife has played a drow cleric of Illistrae? the dancing goddess. She tried her best but we were not in the area that was really open-minded about drow.

In my campaign my wife played a lycanthrope, but that was a surprise for her. Nice involved storyline.

My daughter has played a talking cat, an owl sorcerer, a sabre-tooth tiger, a silver dragon. Some died, some retired, she is slowly trying to play something else - one is a tiefling... :confused:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases