[Poll] What unusual PC races has your group played ?

Unusual Races played by your Group:

• Orc

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • Goblin

Votes: 45 18.1%
  • Kobold

Votes: 54 21.7%
  • Gnoll/Hobgoblin/Bugbear/Lizardman

Votes: 80 32.1%
  • Minotaur or Ogre

Votes: 93 37.3%
  • Drow

Votes: 89 35.7%
  • Aasimar/Thiefling/FR Elemental types

Votes: 140 56.2%
  • Half Celestial / Fiend

Votes: 75 30.1%
  • Lycanthrope

Votes: 61 24.5%
  • Never had unusual races / DM didnt allow

Votes: 31 12.4%

Agamon

Adventurer
In my current group, we've had a minotaur, a half-celestial, an aasimar, a half-ogre, a goliath, and a half-brass dragon. In the past, there's been a hobgoblin, goblin, another half-ogre, and a half-drow, and I think that's it.

The Human Target

Adventurer
We've had a freaking crap load of weird stuff. In the game I am currently running we have a half-celestial/half-elf, a half-blue dragon/half-orc, a drow, a xeph (from the XPH), and a moon elf were-bat. Is it crazy and insane? Yep. Does it make perfectly logical sense in game? Yep. Is it fun? Yep again.

Half the time townsfolk don't know who to root for during battles. :)

Junkmaster357

First Post
I've played (oddities mind you):
Avarial Elf Crossbowman (no bows allowed, grrr!)
Rhek Monk/Cleric (Book of Exalted Deeds, basically a Rhino-man)
Half-Dragon Bard (like Thom Merrilin from Wheel of Time)
Half-Ogre Barbarian
Auron from Final Fantasy X (too bad it wasn't a LARP, I have a costume...)
Intelligent Skeleton Samurai

I've seen played:
Werewolf
Pixie Fighter (30 STR and played as a flaming homosexual, that was WEIRD)
Kobold Sorcerer
Minotaur Pirate
Lizardfolk Druid
Gnome/fire elemental
Intelligent Golem
Half-Dragon Wizard
weird winged Drow/Avarial mix
Intelligent Crossbow
Man-squirrel rogue
Hill Giant fighter
Drow, ugly as the backside of a baboon
GIR (yes, FROM INVADER ZIM!)
Rakshaza (sp?)

and then Fluffy. He was about the nastiest combination of templates that could be put together. He was explained away as "what happens
when really powerful evil mages get really bored."

oh, and a parakeet.

Zappo

Explorer
Between stuff I've DMed and creatures I've been a friend of, I can list (in order of increasing weirdness):

Aasimar
Tiefling
Air Genasi
Drow
Githzerai
Githyanki
Ogre
Troll
Werebear
Half-Celestial
Half-Fiend
Half-Dragon
Astral Deva
Hamatula
Bodak
Zelekhut
Shambling Mound

Edit: I forgot the Awakened Ferret (epic assassin with DC 52 death attack).

Tuzenbach

First Post
Hey, you left out Fremlin, Firbolg, Firenewt, Flind, Duergar, Derro, Githyanki, and Quickling! These I've seen, along with the occasional Aaracokra(sp).

Hmmmmm. I'm thinking I now want to play an Owlbear called Lenny or a Gray Ooze named Toby Dammit!

lordcloaker

First Post
hehehehe - My brother DMed a kobold only campaign which was beyond hilarious.

In City of the Spider Queen we had a drow join in mid adventure and we had a paladin aasimar in the begining but died at the Inverted Tower. And our champion of targeting was a half gold dragon paladin of Bahamut, which got his ass delivered to him multiple times just because he big and golden and spit fire from his mouth.

Someone played a Half-celestial when I DMed In the Dragons Lair, but he ended bying because of his low saves in relation to the other players.

Ive played a really crazy Githzerai cleric of Kosuth, which was very very fun.

And someone convinced me to play a Werewolf, but obviously that was a short lived character (never again 15/silver).

Nareau

Explorer
We've seen lots of weird stuff in the side adventures I ran for my RttToEE campaign, and another short 2E game I ran:
Doppleganger
Illithid
Celestial Shambling Mound (Holy Rosebush)
High level wizard trapped in a flesh golem (too clumsy/painful to cast spells from)

Granted, these were mostly in short adventures where balance was far less important than having fun.

Spider

Richards

Legend
In our earlier campaigns, we had a centaur, a falcon hengeyokai, and an aspis drone as PCs at various times. Come to think of it, all three characters were played by the same player, too!

Johnathan

The Edge

First Post
As a player im playing an avariel sorcerer, and a giant dwarf, I dont mean half giant half dwarf (that would be insane) but as in real life giant, you know those people who grow to +9 ft tall and such. So he's just a whopping big dwarf with bonuses and penalties as appropriate.

As a DM ive had to put up with a player who denounces humans as "puny" to quote him, and likewise for the other common races. The ironic part is that he then choose a goblin rogue. I dont realy mind him haveing a goblin, thats fine, its just his obbsession with the little criters that annoys me. He likes to think of characters and put them on a sheet regardless of whether he wants to use them, I think he's drawn up at least 8 goblin characters a differing levels. The hardest bit is trying to act as every other surprised/scared/agressive/disgusted NPC that sees him in a town.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases