Living Greyhawk

turtle

First Post
My group in Hong Kong can't get into Living Greyhawk because a region doesn't exist for us! They won't let us into Australia's region in spite of the fact that our DM has been a member of the RPGA since 1988! Is this a crock or what?

Anybody with connections to Living Greyhawk please respond...

I believe you can still play Living Greyhawk in a limited sense. You can play the Core Scenarios, but not the Adaptable or Regional ones because you currently don't have region in Living Greyhawk. Also, later this year they will be releasing the Sunless Citadel, Forge of Fury and Speaker in Dreams for Living Greyhawk play, which your group should be eligible for.

This also might be a great opportunity for your group to start a Living Greyhawk region in the Far East.

Last edited:

turtle

First Post
they told us that we are "on probation" for three months, which means that we send in the stuff that we do over the next three months and if they like it then we get to be counted. if not we give up our current campaign and "waste" three months of play...

btw they won't open up a far east region for us. they say there is not enough interest (which is probably true)

I'm puzzled by the statement "we send in the stuff that we do over the next three months and if they like it then we get to be counted". Does this mean they want you to send scoring packets and results to them over the next three months to make sure you are following correct procedure? Or does that mean something entirely different? Just curious.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I used to run the campaign, but don't speak for it officially in any capacity, anymore.

Basically, there are two problems:

1) There realistically _isn't_ enough interest in the Far East, at this point, to justify a Triad.

2) There are too many Triads as it is, especially given the dearth of resources the RPGA has to manage the entire campaign. Adding more will just compound the problem for everyone else.

There are still lots of ways to participate. You can order all the Cores, and as someone else mentioned upthread you soon will be able to run the official adventures with LG characters. Unfortunately, those are probably your best options right now.

Erik Mona

turtle

First Post
in my opinion that is a bunch of crap. what is wrong with us just being included in the australia region? I'm not saying we should have our own region, I just think that we should be accomidated. Just because we live in Hong Kong shouldn't mean we get shut out.

regarding sending in the results... I'm not sure what the specific situation is there.

Remove ads