Tower Map

James Heard

Explorer
If I have a niggling comment I'd only say that perhaps the grid could be adjusted to be a tad less obtrusive. Otherwise, good job - at least on the artwork. I haven't really looked at the actual 'map' bits. It's pretty. :)

eigam

First Post
Thanks for the reply and crit James. I did have a bit of an issue with if I should have the grid a bit lighter or darker. Any crit helps, like I said this is my first map and I'm trying to figure out what works and what doesn’t. Any other comments and crits out there would be appreciated.

Conaill

First Post
Looks nice.

The shading of the walls makes them look very 3D, except it's... well, wrong. The 3D rounded view you've given them works perfectly for the *top* of the walls (i.e "outside top floor"), but it's wrong for the lower floors, where you should essentially be showing a straight "cut" through the wall, rather than a top view of the wall.

On the top floor, the crenellations are much too closely spaced compared to the width of the wall. An archewr fireing between them wouldn't be able to get any sideways angle, he could only fire more or less straight ahead. I'd suggest you reduce the wall thickness to no more than 5' on the top floor (in reality, probably no more than 3 feet or so for the battlements themselves), and put no more than one crenellation ever 5' (can't have more than one archer in each 5' square anyway).

Nitpicky: you may want to angle the "brick" pattern you use for the walls so it's parallel to the wall itself. Just a detail, but it would make it look better. Dunno if it would be worth the effort...

Overall, very nice work for a first try though!

eigam

First Post
Conaill,
Thanks for the great crit. It's stuff that I didn't even think about.
The brick pattern should be turned like you said, I did spot it but after I did it, and then I just got lazy. Thanks again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases