Empire Of the River God IC

Karl Green

First Post
Kuni Akata, Shugenja

Akata nods thoughtfully. He then says "Agreed. I am concerned, but must trust too fate that we will take the correct path. So if you do not mind more questions, would tell me of your Clan? I have spent most of my life in training or on the Wall facing the Shadows... I have had little... interaction with the others and I have always wondering what it must be like to live elsewhere..."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Zokiro is always happy to talk of the glory of the magnificent Dragon clan, and gives Akata a smile.*

"The Dragon clan holds the schools of the finest shugenja in the Empire, though there are several, such as yours, that must have been descended from independent former clansmen. Many of my clan have at least some training at our schools, but not all of us are blessed with magical aptitude. It was clear I did not have such skills, and rather than be religated to being a simple wife, I chose to become a defender of my clan. Our samurais are taught how to protect the shugenja, so that their magical might may be brought to full bearing on our enemies," Zokiro says proudly.

Sakura rounds a curve of the path, lost in thought, when she suddenly comes upon the shugenja of the Crab Clan and the Dragon Clan samurai.

She stops, startled, and bows apologetically to them. "Forgive me, lord Kuni, lady Zokiro. I was not paying attention, or I would not have stumbled upon your conversation so rudely. I will depart, so as not to hinder you further."

Karl Green

First Post
Kuni Akata, Shugenja

*Akata nods to Zokiro and says

"Of course, thank you. I would love to travel to the lands of the mountains somedays to see these schools. Someday..."

*looking thoughtful as if his mind where far away he does not hear Sakura until she speaks. Looking up he stands and bows in greeting...

My lady, you do not hinder us in the least. Please join us. We were simply speaking of days past and of our clans."

*Akata sits back down

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
ooc: AAARGGHH. OK, settling in time after promotion is now done. i will update faster!

You mingle around the monastery meeting many of the monks and observing their lives. Most stop to talk to you if addressed, but they politely ignore you until you address them.

At sunset you are all summonsed once again into the large hall with your pictures. Once all there the head Abbot turns to you all.

"I have long sat in meditation, seeking guidance from the Guardian who protects us all. But something is wrong, my thoughts cannot penetrate the fog surrounding him. Hostile forces gather and soon wil overwhelm him. I beg you all to leave as soon as possible, even though I had hoped to keep you here for a few days until we could have had some material assitance for you."

He bows his head.

"We do not have much to give here, we grow our own food, mine a few metals for our basic needs and live simply. Sadly I must send you on this quest with nothing more than whispered prayers and hope."

Karl Green

First Post
Kuni Akata, Shugenja

Akata will wait for the master abbot to finish (and see to their guild) and then will head to his room to recover his equipment. When he returns he stands ready waiting for the others to gather...

Someone

Adventurer
Togashi Shokai, bald Monk

The monk bows deeply again. "In the scales that matter, a mountain of gold weights the same as a feather against a pure heart. Your prayers already helped, since we found our destiny here."

The monk takes his wooden staff. "I´m ready to go", says.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases