Empire Of the River God IC

Someone

Adventurer
Togashi Shokai, monk 7

Shokai still meditates on the vision and the message, surrounded by the astonished villagers, when the child asks:

"What are you going to do, holy one?"

To wich Shokai replies with a smile:

"I´ll look at water for advice. I´ll be a glacier, then a river"

Then he sits down, legs crossed... and waits.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Iegara turns and goes swiftly to his uncle, the daimyo. "Lord, great peril comes, and I am called to answer it. In three days time, the messenger of this Guardian will return. To go with him is my duty, and so I must ask that I be released from my duties here."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Amanu, bows to the elder shaman. "It appears the spirits have need of me. I recieved a vision that says he will return in three days time. At which time, I and the other chosen must be ready to fight the shadow."

Karl Green

First Post
Kuni Akata, Shugenja

Akata bows deeply to the messenger and says "I will await your return and will be ready" he then heads back to his room to pack and plan out the next few days... he is going to be busy

Sakura closes her eyes for a moment to regain her calm. Then she opens them to contemplate the garden. To her maid Chisa: "Please finish my hair." Without moving her head, she commands Haru, her cook/kago-man, to see to the messenger’s horse and belongings.

Once her hair is finished, Sakura will don her mask, a tasteful object of reds and black, gracefully rise and exit her quarters. Before she leaves the room, she will slip the golden straw into her kimono sleeve.

She will request an audience with her host, and once she sees him bow just the precise amount required by custom. “Honored Host, I must depart in three days, as bid by a messenger who imparted to me a vision. This humble guest thanks you for your hospitality.”

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Zokiro

The Daimyo sits at his desk. Leaning forward he takes the straw, stares at it, and returns it to you. He stands and goes to a cabinet. Opening it, you hear him saying soemthing you can't quite catch as he does, he removes a large laquered box, decorated with scenes from the history of the Dragon clan. He opens it and removes from within a single scroll and a banner.

"Zoriko, you will bear this banner on your travels. Onto the scroll will be written your name. For many years ago the Dragon were told this day would come. Go prepare yourself, for your conduct will affect our standing within the Empire."

Shokai

"Shokai, you have seen the messenger?"

The voice behind you is that of the master Tattooer.

"Undoubtedly, he has been and you have been shown the peril of the world. Many moons ago this was foretold. We did not know it would be you, but perhaps this is the fate that will be written into your flesh.

When the messenger returns, you are expected to go with him. We do not know why you were chosen, for there are many more knowledgable and trained than you that would have desired this honor. Go and do what must be done. Remember, the stone in the water is worn down, but the leaf floats."

Behind you you hear something being placed on the ground followed by receding footsteps.

Iegara

Your uncle turns, consternation on his face.

"Why now? The time is not right, but our family has known that the day would come when one would be summoned to save the Empire. Come"

Turning he goes and enters the house, heading for the room in which no one but he ever enters. Pausing at the door, he removes a medallion from beneath the many layers of his clothing. He whispers something as he touches forehead with it, before opening the doors and entering, gesturing for you to follow.

"In three days time you will leave here Iegara, and to where you will go, none know. Take this, it will remind you of your duty to the Empire."

He removes from a cupboard a masterfully worked dagger, the hilt worked into the crest of the Empire. He places it into your hand before ushering you out the room.

Amanu

The Great Shaman turns to you.

"You have been chosen for a great task. There is a legend that says the Shadow is contained by one man. It is said that when that man is ready to die he will summon the thirteen eroes who will find the One to replace him, to keep the Shadow forever imprisoned."

"So, let us sing and dance in your honor. Tomorrow is time enough for the serious business of you readying for your journey!"

Akata

The knock on your door is Yasushi. Sliding the door open he enters.

"I was intrigued by our guest - especially his dissapearing trick there at the end. His horse is in the stables and is really a most remarkable beast!

But I went to the Master of the records and asked for his assistance. It appears that this is not that unexpected. A long time in coming though. It seems that many years ago the Masters here were told that one of us would be summoned to serve the Empire in a manner unknown at that time. It appears that the person is you.'

Looking at you he withdraws a gold straw, similar to the one you bear. It also appears that this is not the first time such a summons has been recieved, although the last time was centuries ago and the one summonsed never returned. Take care cousin, it seems that we are living in intersting times."

Ghostknight

First Post
Zokiro

The Daimyo sits at his desk. Leaning forward he takes the straw, stares at it, and returns it to you. He stands and goes to a cabinet. Opening it, you hear him saying soemthing you can't quite catch as he does, he removes a large laquered box, decorated with scenes from the history of the Dragon clan. He opens it and removes from within a single scroll and a banner.

"Zoriko, you will bear this banner on your travels. Onto the scroll will be written your name. For many years ago the Dragon were told this day would come. Go prepare yourself, for your conduct will affect our standing within the Empire."

Shokai

"Shokai, you have seen the messenger?"

The voice behind you is that of the master Tattooer.

"Undoubtedly, he has been and you have been shown the peril of the world. Many moons ago this was foretold. We did not know it would be you, but perhaps this is the fate that will be written into your flesh.

When the messenger returns, you are expected to go with him. We do not know why you were chosen, for there are many more knowledgable and trained than you that would have desired this honor. Go and do what must be done. Remember, the stone in the water is worn down, but the leaf floats."

Behind you you hear something being placed on the ground followed by receding footsteps.

Iegara

Your uncle turns, consternation on his face.

"Why now? The time is not right, but our family has known that the day would come when one would be summoned to save the Empire. Come"

Turning he goes and enters the house, heading for the room in which no one but he ever enters. Pausing at the door, he removes a medallion from beneath the many layers of his clothing. He whispers something as he touches forehead with it, before opening the doors and entering, gesturing for you to follow.

"In three days time you will leave here Iegara, and to where you will go, none know. Take this, it will remind you of your duty to the Empire."

He removes from a cupboard a masterfully worked dagger, the hilt worked into the crest of the Empire. He places it into your hand before ushering you out the room.

Amanu

"You have been chosen for a great task. There is a legend that says the Shadow is contained by one man. It is said that when that man is ready to die he will summon the thirteen eroes who will find the One to replace him, to keep the Shadow forever imprisoned."

"So, let us sing and dance in your honor. Tomorrow is time enough for the serious business of you readying for your journey!"

Akata

The knock on your door is Yasushi. Sliding the door open he enters.

"I was intrigued by our guest - especially his dissapearing trick there at the end. His horse is in the stables and is really a most remarkable beast!

But I went to the Master of the records and asked for his assistance. It appears that this is not that unexpected. A long time in coming though. It seems that many years ago the Masters here were told that one of us would be summoned to serve the Empire in a manner unknown at that time. It appears that the person is you.'

Looking at you he withdraws a gold straw, similar to the one you bear. It also appears that this is not the first time such a summons has been recieved, although the last time was centuries ago and the one summonsed never returned. Take care cousin, it seems that we are living in intersting times."

Sakura

Hitena Gora is a small man. He meticulously returns your bow, releasing just a little too early to be polite, but long enough that no complaint may be offered.

"We ar ehonored to have had our cousin staying with us. Please enjoy our hospitality for the remainder of your stay."

Clapping he summons a servant.

"Please ensure that our guest is provided with her needs and any assistance she may need in preparing for her departure."

Turning back to you, he once again addresses you

"I am afraid there is urgent business on the estate needing my attention, please excuse me."

Smiling he turns and leaves.

As he leaves, the priest from the nearby shrine arrives. His cheeks are flushed and he is perspiring freely.

Bowing he addresses you with his head down.

"Milady, I am delighted that you have not yet left. I came as soon as I had heard. Milady, whatever has been said to you, please know that this is a summons from none other than the Celestial court. I beg you to follow the messenger when he returns."

Kneeling down he touches his head to the floor in front of you.

Sakura's eyes narrow slightly at the concealed insult, but cannot offer complaint as to his hospitality. She bows her head politely as he leaves.

She turns and notices the priest. "I had intended on speaking with the messenger, at the very least," she addresses him. "Tell me, what do you know of the matter? I would like an education on the subject. Join me." She regally sweeps out of the room back to her quarters. She doesn't look back to check if the priest or servant are following, as it does not even cross her mind that they would refuse.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ghostknight said:
Zokiro

"Zokiro, you will bear this banner on your travels. Onto the scroll will be written your name. For many years ago the Dragon were told this day would come. Go prepare yourself, for your conduct will affect our standing within the Empire."
*Zokiro takes the banner and bows deeply to her lord, then exits the room once he gives permission.*

*Going back to her quarters, she summons Miko, her maid.*

"Prepare for a long journey. I want Joukai's tack brushed and ready, my armor prepared, and pack everything else. Get Bunto to select a pair of mules for both of you and make ready your own gear. We leave in three days," Zokiro says as Miko helps her out of her court garb and make-up. The banner she places in her desk for safekeeping.

*She puts on practice clothes and takes her swords to the practice grounds out back. The day's activities have left her a bit uncertain, and she sought to balance herself in a dance of steel.*

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ghostknight said:

Amanu

Amanu dives into the enjoyment of the dance, capering about with first the shamen and then the children. For he knows this may be his last celebration, there was no promise of a safe return by the spririt.

Remove ads