Heroes of Darmon OOC

Jarval

Explorer
I should have my character finished by tomorrow night, but here's what I've got so far. I still need to write up his background and equipment, and find a name that suits him.

Human Cleric of Darmon 1, CG

STR 12 (+1)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 14 (+2)

Combat Stats:
Base Attack Bonus: +0
Melee: +1 [+0 BAB, +1 STR]
Ranged: +2 [+0 BAB, +2 DEX]
Hit Points: 7 [6 (levels) + 1 (CON)]
Armor Class: 14 [10 + 2 (DEX) + 2 (Leather armor)]
Initiative: +2 [+2 DEX]
Movement Rate: 30 feet

Attacks per round:
Quarterstaff (+1 to hit, 1d6+1 dmg, Crit 20/x2)
Dagger (1 to hit (melee) +2 to hit (thrown), 1d4+1 dmg, Crit 19-20/x2)

Armor:
Leather armor (+2 AC, +6 Max Dex bonus, 10% ASFC)

Saving Throws:
Fort: +1 [+2 base, +1 CON]
Ref: +2 [+0 base, +2 DEX]
Will: +2 [+2 base, +2 WIS]

Feats:
Negotiator (1st level feat)
Persuasive (bonus human feat)

Skills:
Appraise +4 (2 ranks, +2 INT)
Bluff +8 (4 ranks, +2 CHA, +2 Persuasive)
Concentration +3 (2 ranks, +1 CON)
Diplomacy +8 (4 ranks, +2 CHA, +2 Negotiator)
Disguise +6 (4 ranks, +2 CHA)
Gather Information +4 (2 ranks (cc), +2 CHA)
Knowledge (religion) +4 (2 ranks, +2 INT)
Profession (merchant) +4 (2 ranks, +2 WIS)
Sense Motive +8 (4 ranks, +2 CHA, +2 Negotiator)

Languages:
Common, Elven, (+ 1 other).

Special Abilities:
Bonus skill point at every level (4 at 1st).
Bonus feat at 1st level.
Favored Class: Any.
Turn Undead.

Spells:
Spells per day: 3/2+1
DCs: 12/13
Domains: Travel, Trickery.
Level 0: Cure Minor Wounds, Light, Purify Food and Drink.
Level 1: Comprehend Languages, Cure Light Wounds.

Equipment:
Backpack:
-
Wearing / Carrying:
- Artisan's Outfit
- Quarterstaff
- Dagger
- Pouch (Spell Component)

Total Weight Carried: ? lb
Load: Light

Current XP:
Current: 0
Next Level: 1,000

Jarval

Explorer
OK, it looks like it'll be Tuesday or Wednesday before I've got my character finished. I've both hit a little bit of writers block, and got an assignment to deal with. I hope this isn't a problem.

d'Anconia

Explorer
Sorry I've been out of touch for a couple of days. Had a family emergency that kept me out of pocket this weekend. I'll have my character posted either tonight or tomorrow, depending on my schedule. I have one question, however. I'm going for a gnome ranger/bard. Didn't there used to be rules for starting a character at 1st level as a multiclass? I can't find them anywhere, but I thought I saw them somewhere. Thanks for the help, and I'll get something posted soon.

GPEKO

First Post
I'm back after a slighty longer trip than I first expected. I hope you can all finish your characters soon and we'll get started.

d'Anconia:
Those rules aren't in the revised DMG as they were cut from the 3.5 edition. But you can still use them if you like because I might not allow you to gain a second class at level 2 if you don't have the time to train and learn. In case you don't have the 3.0 DMG and to adapt these rules to 3.5, I'll write them again here.

First level multi-classed characters can only have 2 classes. This character has an 'apprentice' level in both classes. One of these is the 'main' class. The character gains is first level hit points, skills points and starting gold as if he was a first level character of his 'main' class. An apprentice level character doesn't gain all the bonuses and abilities of a first level character (refer to the table below). Upon gaining his second character level, an apprentice level character become a normal 2nd level character, with one level in both his classes.

Code:
Apprentice level BAB, saves and special abilities.

BAB 	Fort	Ref	Will	Special			Spells per day (0-level / 1st level)*
Bard	+0	+0	+1	+1	bardic knowledge**	1 / --
Ranger	+0	+1	+1	+0	1st favored enemy,	-- / --
					wild empathy**
*Apprentice level characters know as much spells as 1st level characters.
**For these abilities, use zero has your class level.

Dark Nemesis:
Brandy looks good, I like her little adventure in the woods.

Creamsteak:
Gray is a fine character but remember that a half-orc character will be the subject of a lot of hate and suspicion. Orcs are considered to be spawns of Lilith and Asmodeus (so enemies of the Gods of the Tree and the 5 races of the Tree) and they were also a large part of the Blue Horde which caused the fall of most of the Kingdoms (the known 'civilized' world). Half-orcs aren’t much more popular. But, if you are fine with that, it can create interesting RP situations.

Also, I’d like you to name Gray’s horse and select the few tricks he has taught it (see the handle animal skill). You can teach up to 6 tricks to an animal and druids’ animal companion learn bonus tricks (one at 1st level) above that. Lastly, Gray’s ranged attack bonus with his spear should be +3 not +2.

Jarval:
I hope you can finish your cleric soon. I like the idea of a cleric-merchant for a worshipper of Darmon. Just write up his background and buy him some equipment and he'll be all set for adventure.

Appraise is not a class skill for your character so you have spent too many skill points (30 instead of 28). Also, can you list your domain spells on your character sheet ?

TheOneAboveAll:
Are you still with us ?

Jarval

Explorer
GPEKO said:
Jarval:
I hope you can finish your cleric soon. I like the idea of a cleric-merchant for a worshipper of Darmon. Just write up his background and buy him some equipment and he'll be all set for adventure.

Appraise is not a class skill for your character so you have spent too many skill points (30 instead of 28). Also, can you list your domain spells on your character sheet ?
I'll have it done by tomorrow night. Sorry about the delay, my on-line time has been a bit chopped about over the last couple of days. Good catch on Appraise, I'd forgotten about it being cross-class. I guess I spent too much time looking at the bard and rogue skill lists... :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
GPEKO said:
Creamsteak:
Gray is a fine character but remember that a half-orc character will be the subject of a lot of hate and suspicion. Orcs are considered to be spawns of Lilith and Asmodeus (so enemies of the Gods of the Tree and the 5 races of the Tree) and they were also a large part of the Blue Horde which caused the fall of most of the Kingdoms (the known 'civilized' world). Half-orcs aren’t much more popular. But, if you are fine with that, it can create interesting RP situations.

Also, I’d like you to name Gray’s horse and select the few tricks he has taught it (see the handle animal skill). You can teach up to 6 tricks to an animal and druids’ animal companion learn bonus tricks (one at 1st level) above that. Lastly, Gray’s ranged attack bonus with his spear should be +3 not +2.

Fixed. If you don't want to deal with a half orc I can swap race for half-elf and I think keep the same totals for ability scores, few changes to racial stuff, and switch feats/skills up a bit. Alteration of background a bit as well.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
One final delay on my character's background. I'll get it finished tomorrow, but I've not got my copy of BotR with me at the moment, and I want to check a few things before I post.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases