Heroes of Darmon OOC

Jarval

Explorer
Finishing up my character as I type, but I've got a small query regarding domains. While I was looking through my copy of the Eberron setting earlier today, I came across the Commerce Domain. Would it be OK if I took it instead of Travel?

Commerce Domain

Granted Power: You gain a +10 competence bonus on Profession checks made to earn a living (not checks made to accomplish specialized tasks).
Add Appraise to your list of cleric class skills.

Commerce Domain Spells
1 Comprehend Languages
2 Zone of Truth
3 Tongues
4 Glibness
5 True Seeing
6 Leomund's Secret Chest
7 Refuge
8 Analyze Dweomer
9 Polymorph Any Object.

Jarval

Explorer
Here's the full version of my character. I'll post him over to the RG thread once he's been approved :)

Dacre Argyros
Human Cleric of Darmon 1, CG

STR 12 (+1)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 14 (+2)

Combat Stats:
Base Attack Bonus: +0
Melee: +1 [+0 BAB, +1 STR]
Ranged: +2 [+0 BAB, +2 DEX]
Hit Points: 7 [6 (levels) + 1 (CON)]
Armor Class: 14 [10 + 2 (DEX) + 2 (Leather armor)]
Initiative: +2 [+2 DEX]
Movement Rate: 30 feet

Attacks per round:
Light crossbow (+2 to hit, 1d8 dmg, Crit 19-20/x2, Rng 80 ft.)
Quarterstaff (+1 to hit, 1d6+1 dmg, Crit 20/x2)
Dagger (+1 to hit (melee) +2 to hit (thrown), 1d4+1 dmg, Crit 19-20/x2, Rng 10 ft.)

Armor:
Leather armor (+2 AC, +6 Max Dex bonus, 10% ASFC)

Saving Throws:
Fort: +1 [+2 base, +1 CON]
Ref: +2 [+0 base, +2 DEX]
Will: +2 [+2 base, +2 WIS]

Feats:
Negotiator (1st level feat)
Persuasive (bonus human feat)

Skills:
Appraise +3 (1 rank (cc), +2 INT)
Bluff +8 (4 ranks, +2 CHA, +2 Persuasive)
Concentration +3 (2 ranks, +1 CON)
Diplomacy +8 (4 ranks, +2 CHA, +2 Negotiator)
Disguise +6 (4 ranks, +2 CHA)
Gather Information +4 (2 ranks (cc), +2 CHA)
Knowledge (religion) +4 (2 ranks, +2 INT)
Profession (merchant) +4 (2 ranks, +2 WIS)
Sense Motive +8 (4 ranks, +2 CHA, +2 Negotiator)

Languages:
Common, Celestial, Elven.

Special Abilities:
Bonus skill point at every level (4 at 1st).
Bonus feat at 1st level.
Favored Class: Any.
Turn Undead.
Travel Domain (Granted power: Freedom of Movement for 1 round/day. Spells: Longstrider.)
Trickery Domain (Granted power: Bluff, Disguise, and Hide are class skills. Spells: Disguise Self.)

Spells:
Spells per day: 3/2+1
DCs: 12/13
Domains: Travel, Trickery.
Level 0: Cure Minor Wounds, Light, Purify Food and Drink.
Level 1: Comprehend Languages, Cure Light Wounds.

Equipment:
Backpack:
- Hooded lantern
- 2 flasks of oil
- Ink pen
- Vial of ink
- 20 sheets of paper
- 2 day's trail rations
- Full waterskin
Wearing / Carrying:
- Artisan's Outfit
- Leather armour
- Light crossbow
- 20 bolts
- Quarterstaff
- Dagger
- Pouch (Spell Component)
- 6 gp, 7 sp.

Other:
Mule
- Pack saddle
- Saddlebags
20 gp worth of assorted trade goods (spices, cloth, silver trinkets)

Total Weight Carried: 40 lb
Load: Light

Current XP:
Current: 0
Next Level: 1,000

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green

Background: Born into a Saer Solva merchant family three years after the death of Gauraxoloth, Dacre grew up the apple of his parents' eyes. He took to the family trade quickly, learning how to haggle and barter (and cheat just a little...), as well as the basics of judging an item's worth.

After his eigth summer, Dacre began to accompany his father as he traveled between cities finding more exotic wares to sell in the family shop. His travels brought him into contact with many people, including Saris, friend of his father and a high wayfarer of Darmon. Dacre and Saris quickly became firm friends, Dacre enjoying the old priest's tales of adventure, war and excitement, and Saris noting the boy's quick mind and skill at debate. Given Saris' aparently endless supply of Darmon's sayings, these debates were frequent occurances.

By his fourteenth year, Dacre was convinced of Darmon's faith, and joined the church. Splitting his time between his duties with the church and helping his parents, it didn't take long for Dacre to reconsile the two tasks. Both needed a quick wits and the skill to convice others, and as a merchant he was well placed to learn of distant cities, lands and people. After all, Darmon walks among all races, so perhaps there were new words of wisdom to be learned?

A year ago, he became a fully-fledged cleric and wayfarer. Now feeling ready to leave the city and House he had called home for all his life, Dacre's attention turned to Hurunam. Prudent saving and several canny business deals gave him the money for a passage, and he bid farewell to his family and friends.

On arrival, Dacre quickly aclimatised to the new land. He was welcomed into a new House, and he's found his skill for buisness is proving just as useful overseas. A new land lies before him, and who knows what it might hold?

GPEKO

First Post
Another round of answers

Great characters everybody! We now have 4 so I'll start the game sometime this week. The others can always join in later.

Tailspinner:
You're the first alternate. In fact, we haven't heard from TheOneAboveAll for a long time. So, if you have a character in mind, you can post it and you'll get the spot.

Creamsteak:
An half-orc is fine, I just wanted to warn you.

Jarval:
Since the Commerce domain fits so well for both Darmon and your character, you can use it. You'll get Appraise as a class skill after all!

Dacre also seems to be missing a holy symbol. Was that intentional?

Edit: Oh, and go ahead and post it in the RG.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
GPEKO said:
Jarval:
Since the Commerce domain fits so well for both Darmon and your character, you can use it. You'll get Appraise as a class skill after all!
Yay! :)

GPEKO said:
Dacre also seems to be missing a holy symbol. Was that intentional?
Not intentional, just forgetful on my part. I've added one to his equipment.

GPEKO said:
Edit: Oh, and go ahead and post it in the RG.
Done :)

G

Guest 11456

Galstadt Trustryke
Male Human Conjurer 1
Alignment: Neutral Good
Height: 5' 1"
Weight: 125#
Hair: Pitch Black with streaks of White
Eyes: Deep Violet

Str: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Dex: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Con: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Int: 18 (+4) [16 points]
Wis: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Cha: 8 (-1) [0 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Bonus feat at 1st level, 4 extra skill points at 1st level, 1 extra skill point per level beyond 1st. Conjuration specialization; illusion and necromancy prohibited schools. Can prepare one additional conjuration spell per spell level each day. Gain +2 bonus on Spellcraft checks to learn the spells from conjuration. Summon familiar ability and scribe scroll bonus feat.

Hit Dice: 1d4+2
HP: 6
AC: 12 (+2 Dex) [16 with mage armor active]
Init: +2 (+2 Dex)
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor check penalty: +0

Saves
Fort +2 [+0 base, +2 Con]
Ref +2 [+0 base, +2 Dex]
Will +2 [+2 base, +0 Wis]

Combat
BAB: +0
MAB: +0
RAB: +2

Skills
Concentration +6 [4 ranks, +2 Con]
Craft (alchemy) +8 [4 ranks, +4 Int]
Knowledge (arcana) +8 [4 ranks, +4 Int]
Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6 [2 ranks, +4 Int]
Knowledge (nature) +6 [2 ranks, +4 Int]
Knowledge (religion) +8 [4 ranks, +4 Int]
Knowledge (the planes) +8 [4ranks, +4 Int]
Spellcraft +8 [4 ranks, +4 Int]

Feats
Scribe Scroll (wizard bonus)
Spell Focus (conjuration) (human bonus)
Augment Summoning (1st level)

Languages: Common, Draconic, Celestial, Aquan, Ignan

Spellbook: (*: conjuration spell)
0: Acid Splash*[VS], Arcane Mark[VS], Dancing Lights[VS], Daze[VSM- A pinch of wool or similar substance], Detect Magic[VS], Detect Poison[VS], Flare[V], Light[VM- A firefly or a piece of phosphorescent moss], Mage Hand[VS], Mending[VS], Message[VSF- A short piece of copper wire], Open/Close[VSF- A brass key], Prestidigitation[VS], Ray of Frost[VS], Read Magic[VSF- A clear crystal or mineral prism], Resistance[VSM- A miniature cloak]
1: Burning Hands[VS], Mage Armor*[VSF- A piece of cured leather], Magic Missile[VS], Mount*[VSM- A bit of horse hair], Shield[VS], Sleep[VSM- A pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a live cricket], Summon Monster I*[VSF- A tiny bag and a small candle]

Spells/day: 3/3
Spells in memory:
0: Acid Splash, Light, Ray of Frost
1: Mage Armor, Burning Hands, Sleep

Equipment
Wearing
Traveler's outfit
Spell component pouch – 5gp (2#)
Backpack - 2gp (2#)
Weight – 4#

In backpack
Spellbook – 0gp (3#)
6 Day's Rations - 2gp (6#)
Waterskin - 1gp (4#)
Scroll (Acid Splash) – 12.5gp (0#)
Scroll (Mount) – 25gp (0#)
Scroll (Summon Monster I) – 25gp (0#)
Weight – 13#

In component pouch
Material:
Wool bits
Several pieces of phosphorescent moss
Several miniature cloaks
Horse hair
Several rose petals
Focus:
Short piece of copper wire
Brass key
Clear crystal
Piece of cured leather
Tiny bag
Small candle

Total weight carried – 17#, Light load

Money: 2gp, 5sp

Carrying Capacity - 0-33# Light load, 34-66# Medium load, 67-100# Heavy load

Appearance: Galstadt Trustryke is a short thin young man. He seems to stay mostly to himself and speaks little, if at all, about his past. He has pitch black hair with streaks of white here and there. His one remarkable feature is his deep violet eyes, but few people see these as he seems to make a conscious effort not to make eye contact. He generally wears drab traveling clothes with a pouch at his side and a backpack on his back. He can most often be seen with his nose in a book.

Personality: Galstadt is an introvert who keeps mostly to himself. He has few friends but those he does call friend know him as a competent wizard. He takes his magic seriously and strives for perfection in his spells.

History: Gallen Trustryke had been an adventurer in his youth. He had done well and was ready to settle down. Catching the eye of Marta Wistl, a local barmaid he chose to leave the adventuring life for farming. So he married Marta, bought several acres just outside of town and started his family.

Although he had been a good adventurer Gallen found that farming eluded him. But he and Marta had no trouble having children and by the time of their tenth anniversary their ninth child was due in a month. Although farming wasn’t going well, Gallen still had plenty of money from his adventuring days and he was able to provide well for his large family.

Things changed when little Gail arrived. She was their first daughter and both daughter and mother came down with a terrible fever. It took all of Gallen’s remaining wealth to pay for the healers to take care of his wife’s and daughter’s illness. In order to keep food on the table, he found work for all eight of his sons at a local wizard’s tower. Waltuz the Conjurer made arrangements for the boys to work for him and stay at the tower with him.

The Trustryke boys cleaned up and did odd jobs for the wizard. Galstadt was the youngest of the eight boys and the brightest. Because of this he was often picked on by the others. It didn’t help matters when Waltuz decided to make Galstadt an apprentice. Galstadt was glad when he had finally mastered his first cantrip of prestidigitation. This allowed him to entertain his brothers and they tended to let up on him, some.

At first Galstadt found conjuring spells difficult. Several attempts left white streaks in his normally pitch black hair. Waltuz, whose hair was completely white, told the boy that such things were normal while learning. Soon Galstadt was conjuring without ill effects. He had placed a number of spells into his own spellbook, given to him by his master.

Things changed drastically when one day Waltuz was in the middle of conjuring a terrible demon. One of Galstadt’s brothers accidentally tripped and fell into the wizard as he was completing the spell. The demon was successfully conjured, but was not binded correctly. Enraged and not bond the demon quickly made short work of the wizard and Galstadt’s three brothers that were present in the room. Galstadt himself was knocked unconscious by flying debris.

When he awoke he found the room in shambles. From the sounds in an adjoining room he surmised that the beast was still there. Thinking quickly he loaded a backpack with his spellbook, his spell components pouch, several scrolls he found nearby, a dagger, some food, and a waterskin. Trying to be as quiet as possible he snuck away.

Next he decided to check in with parents and sister. Returning to his home he found it had been abandoned for at least ten years. Asking around, he got the real story. His parents had sold him and his brothers to the wizard and then they had moved far away with the money they had made from the transaction.

Not knowing what to do next he heard that the terrible demon had been vanquished by heroes of Darmon. Feeling a sense of indebtedness to the church of Darmon he sought them out to offer his services.

Last edited by a moderator:

GPEKO

First Post
Dark Nemesis:
As I was transcribing some info from your sheet, I noticed a few things I hadn't seen before. First, I saw no alignment listed. This should be easy enough to correct. Second, you forgot to add the elven bonus to listen, search and spot. The total bonuses should be, respectively, +7, +9 and +7. Finaly, your character is under medium encumbrance, reducing her speed to 20 ft. and giving her a -3 check penalty. This could be a bit of a problem for a stealthy character. However, if she removes her backpack (along with its content, including the heavy rope & grappling hook), she only has light encumbrance. Remember this if you want her to go sneaking around.

D'Anconia:
No need to rush things but I was wondering if you had anymore details about your character.

Tailspinner:
A good build for a conjurer. I'm eager to see a story for this guy. If you're a bit lost as to where to spend that remaining gold, you can 'buy' scrolls of spells already in your spellbook (at full price, since you have no XP to spend).

Nac Mac Feegle:
You've got an alternate spot. If someone drops out, I'll try to let you know.

Everyone:
I'll try to post an IC introduction tomorrow. For now, it will only feature Vivri, Brandy, Gray and Dacre. It will get the ball rolling and introduce the character to one another. The others will join them later (soon, I hope !).

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
I added my alignment (CG) to my character sheet in the RG, and made the necessary adjustments to my skills. Most of the gear she is carrying now would not be brought along if she decides to go sneaking about. If you would like, I can throw in a list of what gear she would take when she went in 'stealth mode'.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases