Thanks Eric Noah

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I just want to thank Eric for posting his old web pages for us to peruse. I've been nibbling at them today, and it really takes me back.

It also makes me reflect on my last several years of gaming. in 2000-1, when I was first playing 3.0, there was an excitment and giddiness that I felt that, sadly, I haven't felt for the past year. Part of it is that I'm not in a regular game. Part of it is that I'm a bit disillusioned about the 3.0/3.5 transition. Part of it is the WOTC/Hasbro stuff. But most of it is that I think its just not as wonderfully NEW to me anymore.

I love going back and reading the message board roundup, when all of our favorite people still worked for WOTC. I love reading the rules clarifications and remembering when I was anticipating Song and Silence or the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. Man! I wish I could get that juice back again. But meanwhile, thanks to Eric for giving me a nostalgia contact high.

KenM

Banned
Banned
I got my first computer and got online back in 2000. Eric Noah's 3rd ed. site was the first site I went to on a regular basis. Great stuff.

Thank you Eric for concienivng, and providing us with a wonderful place to discuss our favorite hobby. Thanks to Eric's Grandma as well for her wonderful rules of netiquette.

That being said I'd also like to say a big thanks to Morrus for picking up the torch of EN World and running with it. He has taken Eric's brain child and has continued to grow it into the greatest, and friendliest, D20 website on the internet.

-Ashrum

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Oh I agree. I'm immensely grateful to Morrus as well. I was just single Eric out for praise because of my nostalgia for the early days of 3rd edition.

the Jester

Legend
Heck yeah I'll take a second to thank Eric, and Morrus too while I'm at it! You guys, as well as the rest of the community, have done a fantastic job of making a welcoming, awesome site that is not just the best resource for gaming ideas and info that I've ever seen, but is actually like a huge extended family.

All the ENWorlders that I've met are extremely cool people, and I never woulda met most of them if it wasn't for you guys. Thanks bunches, and keep up the good work!

Remove ads