The SHARK OGRE

Berandor

lunatic
Damn, your races are great!

I believe I remember the Orcs (?) of yours, as well. But these Ogres are ... how I'm gonna say it ... extraordinary!
I have just adopted them into My campaign.

And I agree that good posts like this leave little room for discussion, just for praise.

B

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
SHARK said:
Thankyou Horacio! I like Ogres too!:) I think they're pretty cool!

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Thankyou, SHARK, for giving us your superb campaign ideas and pieces of art like these ogres!

Frostmarrow

First Post
SHARK said:
Greetings!

Hello Frostmarrow! LOL! Well, I did make up my Ogre LONG BEFORE Shrek came out, so there's no mistake there! I'm glad you like it. Everyone in my group loves them. They are more flexible. Evil Ogres, of course, can be really, really wicked. While there are more neutral Ogres, and the Good Ogres are interesting, and add a lot to the group, and the campaign alike.

On another note, why do you think well-thought out posts are ignored, and troll-posts have lots of traffic? It is kinda strange, isn't it? I don't know why, except maybe people really *like* to get nasty and fight each other in stupid flame-wars. That seems to entertain the masses, while interacting with well-thoughtout, even occasionally complex ideas or writing that demands some thought and reflection, well,--that often seems to demand more effort than many are willing to put forth. I suppose, hmmm?

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

I try to feel flattered when something I write here drops like a rock off the first page. It's pretty difficult though so sometimes I add something stupid or controversial just to get the temperature up. Tricks of the trade. Controversy=Free bumps. :)

Maldur

First Post
These ogres are nice. Ill use your idea with just one difference: Ill make it the trolls :) With the addition that they are misunderstood by the rest of the knwn world, so they are driven to the "default" evil behaviour.

What was that about your Orcs?

cheerz, Maldur

ThenHeCame

First Post
SHARK,
You need to be hired for some sort of company, locked up in a room 12 hours a day and forced at bayonet point to create works of art like these. I mean Damn....it's that good.

maddman75

First Post
Great stuff SHARK, as always. I love the little peeks into your campaign world.

As far as the trolls/controversial posts go, this board is not unique. All net message boards have this in common. Its because of the emotion IMO. Trollish/stupid/inflammatory posts inspire anger, frustration, or just plain bemusement. Its a much stronger inspiration to follow up, to tell the troll how wrong they are.

Truly though, a troll doesn't care that he's right or wrong, just that you're responding.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Very nice work SHARK. But with a major flaw...

It's in the wrong forum. :) Shouldn't this really be over in one of the Bits N Pieces forums or something? Shouldn't the people who do good work be leading by example?

Last edited:

mmu1

First Post
First of all, definitely a nice job on the Ogres... I'll probably steal the society for some future game of mine ;)

Second, I always thought that the length of the first post often has a lot to do with how many responses it gets - I think many people are just too damn lazy to actually read a whole thread, or even the whole first post if it's too damn long.

Then there are all the people who aren't really interested in having a real discussion about what you wrote, like to hear themselves talk, and just want to use your thread to make themselves heard. If the initial post isn't very strong, or doesn't cover all the bases, it makes it easy for people to jump all over it in a rush to prove how much they know.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases