savage species

dunc

First Post
I have started playing an astral deva in our weekly game I am only 3rd level, I was looking through the book when I ran accross the table A-54 and desided to compare the total stat increases and there seems to be a discripency, according to the table you get a total of +10 strength and + 8 Dex but according to the template you get +12 strength and no dex modifiers, please can anyone clear this up as this unfortunatly has caursed an argument and threatens to end my days as an Astral deva, all help in this matter is welcome, also any sugestions as to where to progress with the charcter.

Liquidsabre

Explorer
dunc said:
I have started playing an astral deva in our weekly game I am only 3rd level, I was looking through the book when I ran accross the table A-54 and desided to compare the total stat increases and there seems to be a discripency, according to the table you get a total of +10 strength and + 8 Dex but according to the template you get +12 strength and no dex modifiers, please can anyone clear this up as this unfortunatly has caursed an argument and threatens to end my days as an Astral deva, all help in this matter is welcome, also any sugestions as to where to progress with the charcter.

What template? You mean Astral Deva in the MM? Likely there was a change in the AD in 3.5 from the 3.0 AD. You'd need to rework the Astral Deva class levels in savage species to get it up-to-date for 3.5

Spalkulus

First Post
I assume that by template you mean the level progression in table A-4. According to the MM 3.5 a deva should get +12 Str and +8 Dex, so the level progression does the right thing with Str but has forgotten Dex. Talk to your DM about throwing in a +2 Dex at four suitable levels in the progression.

I could suggest level 2,5,9 and 13?

Liquidsabre

Explorer
Ah, checked the books. Spalkulus is right, Dex is missing in the Astral Deva class but should be there (as the AD does get +12 Str & +8 Dex as per the MM).

I'm pretty sure gfunk produced a 3.5 Astral Deva build somehwere here on enworld. *rumages* Hmmm...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases