OGL Samurai, Ninja, Courtier and Ninja classes?

Paka

Explorer
Two questions about the Samurai, Ninja and Courtier classes from OA:

1) Are they updated to 3.5 anywhere?

2) Are they OGL?

Thanks.

hong

WotC's bitch
1) The OA samurai and shugenja are updated in Dragon 318, I believe (the ninja, pirates and dinos issue). The ninja and courtier are from AEG's Rokugan book and haven't been updated AFAIK.

2) No; at least, not yet.

Last edited:

Chun-tzu

First Post
hong's right about the update in Dragon 318, but only the Samurai is updated. The Courtier and Ninja classes are from AEG's Rokugan book, so WOTC won't be doing any such updates.

The only change to the Samurai is related to the new damage reduction rules. A 4th level samurai's ancestral daisho become honorable weapons for damage reduction purposes.

jeffh

Adventurer
Paka said:
Two questions about the Samurai, Ninja and Courtier classes from OA:

Well, two of the three don't exist - there are no Ninja and Courtier classes in OA :p . I'll assume you mean from Rokugan, instead.

Paka said:
1) Are they updated to 3.5 anywhere?

Unknown, but I don't see why you couldn't use them as written.

Paka said:
2) Are they OGL?

Yes, I believe Rokugan was pretty much all OGC. The OA version of the Samurai, however, is not, but the Rokugan treatment is better anyway.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Fiendish Dire Weasel said:
I thought AEG's Rokugan book was OGL,...
For the most part, it is and do contains OGC, but there are also designted Product Identity (closed game content). AEG's adapted Samurai class is still PI, until WotC release their content as OGC.

But we'll have to wait long for OA and all other 3e products to be added to the SRD. The next SRD update is d20 Future (to be added to the Modern SRD).

You're better off using the Quintessental books from Mongoose Publishing, or create your own classes and apply the OGL on your material.

Paka

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
You're better off using the Quintessental books from Mongoose Publishing, or create your own classes and apply the OGL on your material.

Mongoose's Q Samurai is OGL?

Ranger REG

Explorer
It should be. They don't derive their Samurai class (or their Ninja from Quintessential Ninja) from WotC's Oriental Adventures book.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases