Does anyone know any good HTML Character Sheets?

Matafuego

Explorer
I'm planning on starting a webpage with my campaign characters and I need some "good for the eye" way of displaying a character sheet so I though of some HTML for it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!!

Pasus Nauran

First Post
HTML character sheet? Are you simply looking for a template upon which to build a webpage, or are you looking for something interactive (an HTML form for example) for your campaign members to use? This would require a database or server scripting to store the character data in. I've thought about creating a web-based form, but I haven't seen any.

The best option for this I can think of is to use a decent from-based PDF character sheet. Something small (in file size) would be best. PDF's can be viewed within most web browsers with Acrobat Reader installed. I've got mine (see my signature - though the PDF is pretty hefty), and I've seen some good ones on RPGSheets.com.

Dimwhit

Explorer
I actually created one with 3rd edition first came out. Haven't used it for a couple years. But I found a perl script that allowed me to creat a form-based html character sheet. In other words, I could update the character sheet online. It worked pretty well, and the look of the sheet was ok.

If you can't find anything better, I'll try to post something this weekend. I don't have it here.

Matafuego

Explorer
Wow that last one was precisely what I was looking
Actually I only needed the HTML of the Template to put the "Character" in since I was going to do the forms myself but this 3eprofiler thing seems great.
Although I don't know if they would mind me using their html in my personal webpage =\
I'll ask around
THANKS a lot

MJEggertson

First Post
Since 'they' == me (it's my site) I can answer that. Short answer is no, follow the license restrictions (GNU GPL) and you'll be fine.

BUT

The sheet is meant to be editable. If you want a static sheet, you're going to have to do alot of editing. There's about 200kB of code in the whole character sheet.

Matafuego

Explorer
Hey thanks a lot for the reply!

Actually I noticed that (the 200kb code) and registered into the site. I planned on sending a mail to them (now I know it's you :D) and tell you all about this once I had the time (I'm with finals now :( ).
I wanted to create the character sheets using that "public" option I read on the FAQ and linking it from my web or copying it into my site whatever you find more acceptable (so as not to use your bandwidth =\).
My site is going to be a small one and only accessed by three or four people who very rarely use the internet (but since we are moving apart from each other it will be one of our few ways to communicate)
Well that's pretty much it.
Thanks a lot for your time, and pardon my rusty english =\

Remove ads