Half-Orcs, Half-Elves, and Favored Enemies

Enforcer

Explorer
I know the Elf/Orc Blood traits make the Half-Races vulnerable to anything that affects full-blooded Elves and Orcs, so I'm guessing Favored Enemy Humanoid (Orc/Elf) is going to do the trick, but does Favored Enemy Humanoid (Human) work against Half-Elves/Orcs?

Knight Otu

First Post
No, Favored Enemy (Human) won't help. Half-elves have the Elf subtype, and half-orcs have the Orc subtype (that is basically what the XXX Blood abilities of these two races means), and the Favored Enemy ability works by subtype.
None of them has the Human subtype.

Scion

First Post
Couldnt find humans in the srd, do 'they' even have a human subtype? lol

Also, half-creatures have the blood of both parents effectively, seems to me that they would fall under the penalties, and bonuses, of both.

Sejs

First Post
Nope - Half Elves are considdered Elves, Half Orcs are considdered Orcs. Elven/Orcish blood racial ability and all.

Human blood just dilutes really easily, it seems.

Scion

First Post
I should've just read the blood ability rather than being distracted by the random subtype thing.

SRD:
—Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-elf is considered an elf. Half-elves, for example, are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect elves as their elf ancestors are, and they can use magic items that are only usable by elves.

Looks like no matter what little mister half elf is going to never show up as human. Pretty odd that. Seems more interesting if they would get both bonuses and penalties, but only half as much. ;)

Thanee

First Post
Of course, it's all totally different.

The bonus is halved (+1 instead of +2) against half-races, but they count as both human and elven, orc, or whatever they are. ;)

Or not? :p

Bye
Thanee

P.S. of course, it's what they said... favored enemy human doesn't do anything. :)

Vrecknidj

Explorer
Solve the problem with Favored Enemy (half-elf) and Favored Enemy (half-orc) and say that a half-orc is not an orc and not a human (ditto with half-elf).

Dave

Remove ads