(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 2a)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT - EVERYONE IN THE IR PLEASE READ!

I have received Melkor's instructions. I am posting what he wrote here, for everyone to see.
I must rather grimly inform all of you, now, that Melkor succeeds.

Here is what he wrote:

- - -

Edena, I might be offline when you start next thread, know that something important happened- I talked with Tokiwong and he agreed for me to join The New Order. If leader of Red Army also agrees, than most of my nuclear arsenal, powered with Negative Energy through 10th level magic, will be launched and teleported without error to the heart of Blood Waste! It shall create TITANIC Energy Explosion, that will propably awaken Red Goo!

ANSWER:

The IR is still in freeze-frame. Fortunately. Because this works, and a force 100,000 PL strong is awakened.
This could well be the end of Greyspace - and of Realmspace and Krynnspace also.
Even the Angels cannot win against a force of this magnitude.

The Shade, have made a very final and very ultimate statement about where they stand.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
The New Order rises...

Iuz simply smiles glancing to Malachai... "You are witnessing the birth of the future my child... watch closely... for this will be your birthright..."

Melkor smiles to Kas( suspecting he doesn`t know yet)

-We will destroy Iuz together, you engage him in melee, while I shall destroy his magical protections, so your sword will slice him like butter.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
ALL of the Angels that are available to the IR - all 70,000 PL of them (that is to say, many thousands of Angels) descend on the Blood Waste immediately.

The remaining 16,000 PL of Angels are fighting, still, against the Red Armada and the forces of Iuz.

Kalanyr and his people are forced to instantly flee the Blood Waste - 10th level magic makes it possible for 2/3rds of them to make it out, before everything blows skyhigh.

Mina, realizing what has just happened, drops her whip, and looks southeastward towards the Blood Waste, a look of shock on her face.

The chains holding Hazen vanish.

All around Archcleric Hazen is a brilliant white light, illuminating him, but seeming to come from a source invisible to those watching.
Hazen grows - he grows in stature, in power, in every way.

Those with good hearts, who commit good deeds, and who make the difference for the whole world by doing so, sometimes find that their ability to do good things is massively enhanced, and the riches of joy and happiness and strength are theirs.

Such is the case of Archcleric Hazen, who gains all of the powers of the Angels, while retaining his own mindset and body.

Archcleric Hazen's PL rockets to 100.
His stats increase to 45 each.
He gains immunity to any weapon not of + 5 enchantment or greater.
He gains permanent immunity to all death magic.
He gains the ability to exist comfortably in any environment.
He gains regeneration at the rate of ... half of his lost hit points are regained in the first 3rd edition round, and all lost hit points are regained in the 2nd round.

He gains the ability to kill with a touch.
He gains the ability to Heal by touch.
He gains the ability to True Resurrect by touch.
He gains the ability to Cure Disease, Remove Curse, and Dispel Magic (at 100th level of ability) by touch.

He can now act as a cleric of 100th level, and gains the powers of a fighter of 50th level, and a mage of 50th level.
The DC of his spells increases to 30 plus the spell's level plus any modifiers.

He gains a sword, + 20, vorpal, holy avenger.
He can attack with this weapon as per a 50th level fighter (the progression in the PH continues after 20th level, and does not halt.)

He can cast Cure Critical Wounds on hundreds of people at once.

He can Gate at will to anywhere, including the Lower Planes.
He can Teleport Without Error at will.

He has total immunity to lies, even those with magical aid to help them.
He can sense half-truths, and all lying by omission.

He can mindread other people like an open book - there is no defense against this except 10th level magic.

He gains full access to 10th level magic.

The Crook of Rao, will now fire Spellfire blasts of enormous magnitude, in his hands.
These will level a mountain in half a day, or blow a battlefield asunder in minutes.

Archcleric Hazen, gains the ethereal look, and glows with the white light, of those who bequeathed to him this gift.
He will always do so, from now on.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

The IR freeze-frame is now ended.

I had planned a number of storylines, and had planned answers to a number of questions and plots, but what the Shade just did overwhelms all other plots and stories.

The barrage of 700 nuclear explosions, each made magically into negative energy explosions, hits the Blood Waste.
The Blood Waste, which was red, turns yellow, then white.
Then fire begins erupting out of it, and this fire builds.

It builds, and it builds, until white flames are shrieking a mile in the air, and a great purple ring of cloud forms around the whole Blood Waste.

By now, all of Kalanyr's people who could flee, have fled, from the Blood Waste.

The fire continues to build. It roars higher and higher. It fills the troposphere, climbs through the stratosphere.
500 megatons of negative energy fueled it, but now a chain reaction is occurring, and it is beyond anyone's control, beyond the power of anyone - probably even all the Gods combined - to stop.
Finally, the flames, now visible as a tower of white fury from every part of the Flanaess, reach through the mesosphere, and the barrier between the Planes ruptures.

The barrier between the Prime Material Plane and the Negative Material Plane ruptures, breaks, and negative energy of uncounted megatons roars through the break into the fire reaching up from the Blood Waste.

It quenches the fire, and replaces it, roaring downward, ever downward, closer and closer to the ground, closer and closer to the surface of the Blood Waste.

A hurricane of purple and black fire is cascading down from the sky towards the Blood Waste, but no hurricane that ever existed could hold a candle to this.

The black flames hit the Blood Waste, and pour into it, giving it massive amounts of energy, energy off the end of the scale that measures energy.

The Blood Waste turns blue, then purple, then black, and then ... with one titantic shriek of triumph, 3 million souls rise from the Blood Waste.

A shock wave passes outward from the Blood Waste, travelling at nearly light speed.
The entire world of Oerth shakes, whole mountains collapsing in the quake.
The shock passes through Oerth's sun, which momentarily dims, and turns a ghastly purplish color briefly, before slowly returning to normal.
The shock passes into the Phlogiston, which erupts in huge firestorms.

The shock makes the Torilian Border Guard reel back, clutching their heads in pain.
It passes through Toril, and the whole Weave shivers, and Mystra shrieks with pain.
It passes through Krynnspace, and everyone - even the kender - stop what they are doing, feeling it's deathly cold touch.

It even passes through Sigil, and for a brief moment, everyone there halts whatever they were doing.
The Lady of Pain reels, clutching her head.
Then ALL the doors and gateways from Sigil to Greyspace slam shut.

Then, the great black fire from the Negative Energy Plane ceases, and the rift repairs itself.

The greatest army ever seen in the history of Oerth rises, in grim, triumphant victory.
3 million Red Warriors raise their weapons in grim promise.

They are assailed almost immediately by the Host of Angels.
This alone, perhaps, saves Oerth from immediate attack.

The Red Army strikes at the Angels, and dozens of Angels are killed with that first strike.
The Angels hit back with every power they have.
But the Angels are badly outpowered, and they cannot hope to stand against this force for long.

The Gnomish Leader of the Red Armada turns to Iuz, and he laughs.
It is a terrible, mocking laugh.
The Gnomish Leader roars:

FOOL!
Iuz the Old One, Iuz the Fool, Iuz the Court Jester, Iuz the Clown!!!
Did you think we actually allied with you?!
Did you think we would permit ANY living or undead being on this world to survive?!
Did you think we would permit THIS WORLD to survive?

You have played your part, and now it is ended!
You will be destroyed along with ALL of the others.

We like you, Iuz.
You made our victory possible.
We will treat you specially.
We will make sure your Endless Death is especially painful and delightfully hideous - Ivid was a bumbling idiot, when it comes to torture, compared to US.

- - -

And with that, the Red Armada turns upon the Army of Iuz.
They continue to fight the Angels, but now they are fighting the Legions of Iuz.
They continue to battle anyone and everyone else who dared come to the battlefield.

In unholy glee, they fling vast amounts of Red Goo into the sky.
The hurricane force winds blow the Red Goo into great streamers, which rain down upon vast regions below.
Everything hit slumps into Red Goo. Thousands of men and Firelanders are instantly killed, only to rise as Red Goo Monsters who join the Red Army.

In glee, the Red Armada throws more Red Goo, and more, into the Sky.
The air is filled with flying death, an insane storm from which there is no escape, and no hope of survival.

Even Kas cannot hope to survive, and is forced to flee - even the Sword of Kas cannot deflect so many incoming attacks at once.

Only the Angels can hope to withstand the torrents of Red Goo, and they fight on, their silver blood spilling on the ground, more and more of them falling to the incarnate darkness the Red Armada is throwing against them.

But to the south, a Red Army is rising that makes the Red Armada look like a scouting party.

A Red Army 3 million strong.
The Angels, all 70,000 PL of them (there are none left on the Torilian border now ... every Angel went to fight) are holding the titantic force at bay ... for the moment.

THE FREEZE-FRAME IS OVER.

YOU MAY RESUME NORMAL ACTIONS.

(Normal actions? ROTFLOL. I don't think anything is normal here!!)

dagger

Adventurer
Change of order Edena for my previous post, I still send the Dragons and Dwarves to attack and/or occupy the Empire of Iuz but I dont send ANY troops to the Kron Hills. I send the entire rest of my army next door to man the currently unmaned defenses of the Lortmils.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Mina speaks:

I offer immediate alliance with the Alliance of Oerth.
My Knights of Neraka, and the full power of the One God, will be brought against the Red Army.
The Army of Darkness, will immediately move against the Red Army, if you ally.

Do you accept?

Last edited:

dagger

Adventurer
"What the plan Olinstaad?" says an elf from former Wild Coast.

"Attack the lands of that dog Iuz, attack now!"

I start by my sending entire force of Dragons and Dwarves of Greyspace north to attack the Empire of Iuz. If there is defenders then they just fly past them and do a scorched earth tatic in the inner part of his lands. If no defenders I occupy the area.

I send them over the Kron Hills then over the Kingdom of Furyondy and over the Whyestil Sea to attack. No where near the Bloodwaste.

Remove ads