D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Converted Legendary Animals

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Just starting things out, I intend to do a few more here and there (just don't expect them too awfully fast).

Legendary Wolf
Medium Animal (Legendary)

Hit Dice: 14d8+70 (133 HP)
Speed: 60 Ft.
Armor Class: 24 (+9 Dex, +5 natural) touch 19, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple:+8/+8
Attack:Bite (Crit on 19-20) +18 (2d6+11)
Full Attack: Bite (Crit on 19-20) +18 (2d6+11)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Trip
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +4
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 28, Con 20, Int 2, Will 14, Cha 10
Skills: Hide +14, Listen +10, Move Silently +13, Spot +10, Survival +4
Feats: Improved Critical (Bite), Run, Track, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Bite)
Environment: Any forest, hill, mountains, plain, and underground
Organization: Solitary or pack (5-8)
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 15-30 HD (Medium-size)
Level Adjustment: +6

Trip (Ex): A legendary wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+1 check modifier) as a free action.without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the wolf.

Skills: A legendary wolf receives a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks, and a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks. It also receives a +8 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

mercucio

First Post
Nifty =)

There are a couple of mistakes you made, however:

BAB/Grapple: should be+10/+19
Attack: should be +19 melee (2d6+13/19-20)
Full Attack: should be +19 melee (2d6+13/19-20)
Saves: should be +14, +18, and +6

Keep up the good work!

Krishnath

First Post
Looks nice, but why? Wouldn't it be easier to just download the update booklet and use that?

Mercucio: Actually, legendary animals, like their dire counterparts, have all good saves, it's one of their traits.

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Krishnath: I haven't found these in the SRD anywhere. Where are they? o_O Also it doesn't seem like all of Legendary Animal saves are good (at least looking at the Epic SRD stuff which is in theory 3.5 nowadays).

Merucio: I just noticed that this morning and when I finally get around to fixing it you've already replied! Woe is meee! ;)

Legendary Wolf
Medium Animal (Legendary)
Hit Dice: 14d8+70 (133 HP)
Speed: 60 Ft.
Armor Class: 24 (+9 Dex, +5 natural) touch 19, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple:+10/+19
Attack:Bite (Crit on 19-20) +19 (2d6+11)
Full Attack:Bite (Crit on 19-20) +19 (2d6+11)
Space/Reach:5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Trip
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +14, Ref +18, Will +6
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 28, Con 20, Int 2, Will 14, Cha 10
Skills: Hide +14, Listen +10, Move Silently +13, Spot +10, Survival +4
Feats: Improved Critical (Bite), Run, Track, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Bite)
Environment:Any forest, hill, mountains, plain, and underground
Organization: Solitary or pack (5-8)
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 15-30 HD (Medium-size)
Level Adjustment: +6

Trip (Ex): A legendary wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+1 check modifier) as a free action.without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the wolf.

Skills: A legendary wolf receives a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks, and a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks. It also receives a +8 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

Krishnath

First Post
Kitsunekaboom said:
Krishnath: I haven't found these in the SRD anywhere. Where are they? o_O Also it doesn't seem like all of Legendary Animal saves are good (at least looking at the Epic SRD stuff which is in theory 3.5 nowadays).
Bever said anything about the SRD, I said update booklet, if one has the 3.5 update booklet, and MM2, one has the stats for the 3.5 legendary wolf. That's all I'm sayin' :p

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Krishnath said:
Bever said anything about the SRD, I said update booklet, if one has the 3.5 update booklet, and MM2, one has the stats for the 3.5 legendary wolf. That's all I'm sayin' :p

Okay, where can I find this update booklet? (Though I don't have MM2 either for that matter...)

Remove ads