Marvel's Avengers Forever (w/Exiles spin)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The game is entitled Outcasts Forever and will be played with an Marvel Comics Exiles based theme with a twist. The twist is players can only be current or former Avengers (any coast) in the current continuity (i.e. existing characters from marvel universe as it currently stands). The character suggestions must have been or were avengers at one point (or have a relationship with the Avengers such that it can be reasonably assumed.

Players accepted:
Nuke261 playing Captain America [character final]
KidA playing Sandman [character final]
Mimic playing the Vision [character final]
Tsadkiel playing Beast [character final]
Radiant playing Binary [character final]
Gideon playing Iron Man [character final]

Reserve-Retired Avengers
Moon Knight [character died]
Mr. Immortal [character died]
Falcon [character died]
Wonder Man [character missing]
Wasp [character missing]
Jack of Hearts [character at the Mansion]

Reserve Avengers (Alternates - in order of appearance, not a guarantee of acceptance)
Tyreus (Wonder Man)
Tailspinner (Scarlet Witch)
Tallarn (Quicksilver)
Velmont
Cepter (possibly the Black Knight)
Bialaska
Brother Shatterstone
Corvus Coronoides (Hawkeye, Wonderman, others)

As always, the GM has final authority as to whether a character will be accepted. I’m not basing my selections on first-come first serve. I will make my decision based on ability to post frequently (at least every two days minimum), character ideas, and cohesiveness of the group. Do not submit statted characters yet, only character ideas – as I will inform you of the PL of the character when I’ve decided.

Your submission should also include a backup character - one that you would consider playing if your starting character completed his or her task or cannot continue.

I'll be using Mutants and Masterminds as the game base and there is no level requirement on your character - if the character is tough, then they'll be correspondingly tough (but then so will the threats). So there could be a Wasp and a Thor, each at different power levels. I have final discretion on all characters and what level they should be (I'll being trying to blend everyone together). Bonuses will be provided for good character ideas.

As with exiles, a lot can happen. Characters come and go, timelines are certainly in flux . . . but so are times.

Title of the first Episode : Red America
Title of the second Episode: Bucky Must Die!

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Since I am already playing Thor in a different game I would like to give the Hulk a try, possible back up characters include, Ironman or Vision.

Do you want a quick run down of the characters like in the secret wars thread?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Mimic said:
Do you want a quick run down of the characters like in the secret wars thread?

That would be great as it would give me an idea of when in the career the character is at.

Also, you can choose to use an ultimate version of the character if you are familiar with it.

Keia

Tyreus

First Post
I'd like to try Wonderman, with backups being Hurcules and the Hulk. I'd play a slightly darker version of him, where he's not sure where his life is going or where he wants it to go. As for his role in the group, he'll probably just be a strong arm, maybe with a couple of ideas. I'm not sure where his power level would be, and I may need some help with his abilities. I know he had super strength and toughness, and could fly, but I'm not sure of anything else, like if he had lazer vision, or maybe an energy sheath. (I remeber him haveing pinkish purple energy coming off his body and eyes)

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
This sounds interesting. Let's see. Current or former Avengers. How about?:

1. Falcon.
2. Triathalon.

Question: How much leeway we do have in modifying background, powers, et cetera? Playing a complete carbon copy of the comic book character seems a bit, well, dull.

:D

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Glad you liked my character idea Keia! Even more glad you have gone ahead with this game.

I would like to go with Jim Hammond, the Original Human Torch as my back-up character. Or maybe Ultimate Hawkeye!

And don't everyone think that just because I am playing Cap that I will be team leader! My Cap is confident but may have a few issues with leading the Avengers as a team.

Nuke

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Mark Chance said:
Question: How much leeway we do have in modifying background, powers, et cetera? Playing a complete carbon copy of the comic book character seems a bit, well, dull.

Trust me - it won't be dull. The variation you have is to select the character from any point in his Avengers history. For you choices you could have Falcon, the token avenger ordered to the team by Henry Gyrich, or a Triathalon who still believes in the Triun way.

Regardless, I am allowing for very slight variations - think of the variations from the comics to the movie for Spiderman, or for the base to the Ultimate version [of which neither of you characters would apply - for the ultimate example as they don't have ultimate corrolaries as yet].

Keia

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Are you still recruiting Keia?
I'd dig trying to play (while running the Ultimate Secret Wars)...

If so here's my choices...
OOPS...

I forgot to include anything about the time period I'd dig playing them as...
In this order I think...

my #1 choice...
Mr. Immortal as Leader of the Great Lakes Avengers during the time he was trying to prove his team as true Avengers.

the Gray Hulk: Similar to Iron Man, WAY back in the early days when it was fun to read his mono-sylable phrases, a monster with a good moral direction (as long as you didn't make him mad at you)
http://www.blogzine.hpg.ig.com.br/hulkcinza.jpg

Iron Man: In the EARLY days of the old big Iron suit... just after he first painted the suit to become the Golden Avenger... big retro iron and powerful, beginning his drinking problem. [recent reference: Hulk - Gray]
the Vision: just following the Vision's betrayal of Ultron to help the Avengers defeat him... when he was brand new to the Avengers, the world and still unemotional even though he conjectured about his fighting against the Avengers to himself...
http://www.reynos.com/Comics4$/Covers/Marvel/Avengers.57.jpg

let me know...
thanks

-kev-

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases