Backstory or Why I became an adventurer_Where??

scadgrad

First Post
Hey Gang,

I recall a random chart where you could roll & determine why a particular PC became an adventurer. For the life of me, I just can't seem to find it. Anyone know where it is? Was? Any ideas of another option?

:confused:

Thanks!

Turanil

First Post
scadgrad said:
I recall a random chart where you could roll & determine why a particular PC became an adventurer. For the life of me, I just can't seem to find it. Anyone know where it is? Was? Any ideas of another option?
Back in AD&D 2e there was such a random table. Player's Option: Skills & Powers p.9 to 11, Character Backgrounds. I give you the entries below, but for the description of these entries, you will need to see the book:

1d20 Background Event
- 1 - Accused of a crime
- 2 - Apprenticeship
- 3 - Enslaved
- 4 - Exiled
- 5 - Failed business venture
- 6 - Fell in love
- 7 - Fled a disaster
- 8 - Found or stole a valuable item
- 9 - Homeless
- 10 - Ideological differences
- 11 - Joined the circus
- 12 - Kidnapped
- 13 - Killed someone
- 14 - Made a powerful enemy
- 15 - Orphaned
- 16 - Ran away from home
- 17 - Reformed
- 18 - Touched by magic
- 19 - Went to sea
- 20 - Witnessed a crime

Turanil

First Post
Taneel BrightBlade said:
they have several background charts in the herobuilder's guild

You probably mean Hero Builder's Guide don't you?

This is a 64 pages splatbook of 11$ for 3.0. Most reviews say things like: "Overall: Experienced players? Forget it. Major waste of money. If you are new, or (you're like me) you're a DM that has a lot of firsttime players, I'd take a serious look at this volume."

I could possibly OCR the POS&P pages on the backgrounds and post them here, if some are interested in it, and it doesn't infringe on morality (i.e.: copyrights) too much.

scadgrad

First Post
Turanil said:
You probably mean Hero Builder's Guide don't you?

This is a 64 pages splatbook of 11$ for 3.0. Most reviews say things like: "Overall: Experienced players? Forget it. Major waste of money. If you are new, or (you're like me) you're a DM that has a lot of firsttime players, I'd take a serious look at this volume."

I could possibly OCR the POS&P pages on the backgrounds and post them here, if some are interested in it, and it doesn't infringe on morality (i.e.: copyrights) too much.

Hey Turanil,

That would be really cool if you could do that. Much appreciation :)

Turanil

First Post
The POS&P Backgrounds Table

scadgrad said:

Hey Turanil. That would be really cool if you could do that.

In fact I had entirely forgotten that I already had a file containing that document. No need to OCR, here it is. You will have to replace "NWPs" by an appropriate selection of 3.0/3.5 skills though.

Attachments

• Backgrounds-table.doc
    93 KB · Views: 49

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases