New Eberron Campaign. Recruiting Players.

jasamcarl

First Post
I'm back after a long work-related hiatus. I will be proceeding with my long running Feint Whispers Campaign, but after having perused the Eberron CS, I was tempted enough to start up a casual game; whether or not it will be a one shot is yet to be decided.

So here is the deal, I will be running the adventure printed in the back of the CS. If I feel any chemistry going on with both players and the setting, we will proceed onto another adventure, either homebrewed or published. Note that due to lack of time, I won't actually begin running this game until this weekend at the earliest and that, even then, Feint Whispers is my first priority.

The rules are straighforward:

1) I'm looking for four to five players. I would like the pcs' skills to be as diverse and complimentary as taste will allow. Until I actually admit someone (i know this sounds pretentious), its best not to actually throw together a statblock, but rather just a race/level blurb and a short one paragraph bio.

2) Character's ability scores will be generated using the standard array or a 25 point buy. Max starting treasure. 1st level. As to optional rules material, for the time being i want to keep it to just Eberron and core rules.

Please note that I am not picky. It's most likely that it will be first come first serve when i determine who will get to play, though I will probably give some preference to my FW players.

Is this post as anal as it reads? :)

EDIT: statblocks for those characters which i've approved can be posted in the rogue's gallery. Obligatory link:

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1652931#post1652931

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sounds anal, but your just saying what all the DMs are thinking when they write up a proposal for a game. Except, in my case, I do it backwards (I prefer newbies to people I've played with a dozen times over). Not that I don't mind playing ALONGSIDE them, but DMing for the same guy three or four times simultaneously seems boring.

----------- That's all aside the point though -----------

I should be getting my copy of the CS shipped here (ordered it off Amazon) on Tuesday of next week. That means I definitely havn't touched the module yet, so if you'll have me, I'd like to give this a go. I don't mind short term or long, as I just want to get my foot in the door with the setting and see if I like it.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hmm...

Eberron. My opinion on it is very mixed. Some parts I really like, other parts I really detest.

I suppose I should play in it before I come to a solid decision, eh? :) So I think I'm interested...

Express

First Post
Id like to participate. I have the CS, but I havent looked at the adventure. I rarely read adventures, and our FTF Dm was thinking of running it but didnt. Anyway, Im a fan of Eberron, which surprises me since I was actually pretty set against it.

I am currently in an Eberron FTF game and a PbP, so if you wanted to give a slot to someone else, I don't mind.

My PC idea would be a Kalashtar Sorcerer. A young Kalashtar who is intrigued with the magic of the world and the influence of the dragons in its history.

I know psionics could be hard to introduce into a magic game, so my suggestion would be to use the solutions set forth by hellcow to reproduce the psionic affinity racial ability.

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?t=91957&page=10&pp=20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym
For those of us with no interest in psionics, would changing the Kalashtar's favorite class to sorcerer keep the feel of the race, or should we relegate them to NPC status?

It's a change, but making them sorcerers would certainly work. The idea of granting one additional sorcerer spell slot of the highest level they could cast is a reasonable way of duplicating the racial ability. It's not precisely accurate, as the 15th level kalashtar who only has 1 level of psion could use his extra power points to manifest his 1st-level powers multiple times, but it's reasonably close without getting too complicated and ultimately translating the sorcerer into a psion.

Last edited:

DralonXitz

First Post
Id love to play an Eberron Game. I have all three Core books and the CS, read through the entire book.

Race; Warforged
Class: Paladin
Name: Hammer

Once a great warrior in the Army of Karranth, Hammers life was spared by a kind warrior from Cyre and helped him return to optimal condition. Hammer decided from then on to devote himself to protecting the man, and his family, until the terrible Day of Mourning occured. Now scarred by it forever, he has chosen to become a Paladin and protect the innocent, and make sure nothing like that ever happens again.

Last edited:

cdsaint

First Post
Well shoot! I've already played through the introductory adventure and the follow up in Dungeon. But it's still good to see another Eberron game starting up. Good luck!

Chris

p.s. If you put out an Eberron tag you'll get plenty of players

Last edited:

shouit

Explorer
I have never played in a PBP game, but I would love to try it, if that is okay? I have the campaign setting and here is my idea for a character. I dont have my book in front of me, so if some of the details are a bit fuzzy, sorry. I will check back at this thread later today.

Name: Litlow SoggySocks
Race : Gnome
Class: Artificier

Litlow is young by gnome standards. He apprenticed when he was very young to an artificier, for his parents went to war when he was but a "teenager". They left him with Tyrina Longbrow, a retired artificier and family friend, who lived in Sharn. When he was old enough, she sent him to apprentice and be schooled at the college in Sharn. His parents were artificiers at the front lines near Cyria(Mourning Lands), and were killed on the Day of Mouring. Tyrina Longbrow has encouraged him to go out and see what the world has to offer him. But so far, he has been a bit reluctant to do so.

Personality : Timid and a bit shy for a gnome. Thinks outload a lot, which gets him in trouble. Still trying to figure out what to do with himself.

jasamcarl

First Post
So far I have shouit and DralonXitz as definites, with Ash sounding like the most probably third. So I have three more spots up for grab (not including Ash). If you want one of those slots, you should throw together the class/race and bio info.

shouit and DralonXitz: give me one more confirmation post just so i know you are really in.

God I am anal.

Knight Otu

First Post
jasamcarl said:
So here is the deal, I will be running the adventure printed in the back of the CS.
First chance since I got the book, and I ruined it by reading the adventure. Stupid Otu!:mad: I really shouldn't be reading introductory adventures if I want to play in the setting...:\

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases