Music to "role" by

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Re: Re: Music to "role" by

clvrmonkey said:
No matter how many times I see posts like this, I'm always surprised that nobody mentions Danny Elfman.
Yeah? I wonder about that a lot too.

If John Williams is the Mufasa of movie music, Danny Elfman is Scar.

I love his stuff. I've sometimes found myself guilty of renting movies just because I hear he did the soundtrack.

Sigmund

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Music to "role" by

mastermind said:
Yeah? I wonder about that a lot too.

If John Williams is the Mufasa of movie music, Danny Elfman is Scar.

I love his stuff. I've sometimes found myself guilty of renting movies just because I hear he did the soundtrack.

I third the Elfman plug.....been a huge fan since his Oingo Boingo days. A bunch of Boingo tunes are good for lighter moments or fights in modern horror.

cbatt

First Post
die_kluge said:
cbatt, you're referring to Modest Mussorgsky's _Pictures at an Exhibition_

Or, do like I do - develop an interest in Classical music, and take about 10 years and acquire a collection of over 400 Classical CDs. You'll never be without theme music. :)

Nah, I'll stick with electronic music. I already have 400+ CDs in that vein and my tiny brain is already filled with facts about it. Thanks for the clarifications on the music BTW.

One more movie soundtrack that is fantastic: Batman, Mask of the Phantasm (the animated batman movie). Very atmospheric.

I guess it's pretty easy to suggest movie soundtracks though as they are selected based on pretty much the same criteria as gaming music.

Gregorian chants and canticles are always impressive sounding in the right situations. Ominous. Depends on the setting though.

gamecat

Explorer
I use techno music. The band Juno Reactor (you know them for the Mortal Kombat movie theme) makes excellent ambient music.

Kthanid

First Post
We usually use J-Pop when doing our Anime Role-playing Game (BIg Eyes Small Mouth agruabley one of the Coolest simple systems out there.....and its Local so hey i gotta support it) otherwise its usually Carl Orff or Apocalypitca (w00t!!) and other "Dark Classical" Music

BTW how many People try to get Theme Music for their PC's? I find it tends to help Enhance the Characters "Realism"

Last edited:

der_kluge

Adventurer
I'm playing a Bard now, and I take my fife with me to game, and I wrote little snippets of music for "inspire courage", "countersong", and "fascinate" that I'll play when those situations arise. I also have other little "traveling" melodies that I'll play when the DM steps away or when, well, when we travel. :)

Does that count?

Sigmund

First Post
die_kluge said:
I'm playing a Bard now, and I take my fife with me to game, and I wrote little snippets of music for "inspire courage", "countersong", and "fascinate" that I'll play when those situations arise. I also have other little "traveling" melodies that I'll play when the DM steps away or when, well, when we travel. :)

Does that count?

What is it about bard players anyway :)

Our bard writes poetry and little stories about former characters.....they're pretty good too. Even the ones he composes on-the-fly :)

Remove ads