Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Brother Shatterstone - Samira, Radiant Jewel of Ala’Kamal - NG Female Flamekissed Half-Nymph Unfettered 7/Rogue 5/Seductress 5

Lady Shatterstone - Nafeesa, Tribe of One - NG Female Gemchild Druid 3/Desert Ranger 6/Sorcerer 6/Mystic Wander 4

khavren - Abdul-Hadid, Retired Imperial Scout - LN Male Human Desert Ranger 8/Rogue 4/Bondblade 5

Keia - Jibril the Windwalker (Jibril a’Mussan) - N Male Human Rogue 4/Fighter 4/Elocater 5/Kineticist 7

Rystil Arden - Shalah, Flower of the Hidden Oasis and Ala’Kamal’s Fallen Star - CG Female Human Genie-Kin Rogue 4/BoEM Bard 9/Seductress 4

Dark Nemesis - Tariq Salim - LN Male Gemchild Shasa Sorcerer 9/Monk 7

Tarek al Saoud, Wrath of the Spirits , Exalted priest of the Five Pillars - NG Male Gemchild Soulknife 10/Kineticist 8/Elocater 1

Ladies and gentlemen, as per the usual, actions between *asterisks,* speech in "quotes," and thoughts in italics. Something in a different language I'll put in spoiler text with a notation as to the language, so only highlight it if you know the language.

OOC RG

And now the story begins...

~~~~~~

*Rashida, the "matron" of Ala'Kamal's harem, came through the carved marble archways, setting the silk curtains fluttering as she went. She dashed by the splashing fountains and small gardens, past the harem girls lounging on silk cushions and practicing their music, to the elegantly-appointed chamber that held the Radiant Jewel of the sultan.*

"Samira, child, I bring news from the sultan. He has a very powerful and wealthy guest dining with him tonight, and desires you to dance for them at dinner. Come, I'll help you prepare, you haven't a moment to lose!" she says, starting to gather Samira's hair together to begin to braid and pin it, gesturing to the younger girls to fetch the jewel coffers and open the wardrobes.

~~~

*Abdul-Hadid sighted the desert hare that bounded from the scrub juniper around, and relaxed as he realized it was no threat. You're jumpy today, Seif al Din commented as Abdul-Hadid bent down to fill his waterskin. Sirrocco pushed past him to refill his own reserves, the camel slurping down the water at a prodigious rate.*

"Lovely beast," says an unexpected voice. Rising, Abdul-Hadid can see there's a powerful and rich-looking older man leaning against one of the palms. Sturdily-build, wearing red and gold silks, he presents a curious sight. He's not in the least dusty from traveling in the desert, and he seems to be carrying no waterskin, no pack, not even a dagger. And he wasn't there a moment ago, Abdul-Hadid was certain of it.

~~~

"Nafeesa... Nafeesa, wake up!" a voice says, cutting through the gemchild's remaining dreams. Waking up, Nafeesa sees Talib, the spirit talker of the Windfire tribe of the Nessarine. She was resting in his tent after helping with the birth of the baby last night. "Someone is here asking for you. We don't know how he found us, or how he knew you were here, or even how he traveled here, for he looks as if he just stepped out of a bathhouse. Come."

*After readying herself, she comes outside to a rather odd sight. An elegant young man with a tidy, pointed beard, wearing the silks of a very prosperous merchant or noble, is standing at the boundaries of the camp, five warriors around him with drawn scimitars barring his way. When he sees you, he smiles, showing a smile of entirely golden teeth.*

~~~

*Jibril skimmed above the dunes around Harr, his head wrapped against the morning sun as he finished his last sweep south of the city. He had seen no signs of monsters or bandits, a welcome change after last week's violent battle with a hunger-maddened sand kraken. In the distance he could see the two other Windwalkers starting to return, and he turned to go back to rest as well.*

*As he turned, he was started by the sudden and entirely unexpected appearance of a woman. She was entirely covered from head to foot, as young wives were often expected to be in public, in fine robes of gold and cream. Golden eyes looked at him from the slit in her hood as she raised a single henna-tattooed palm for him to halt.*

"Greetings Jibril," she says in Ignan, her voice cracking through the morning air like the crackle of flames. What perhaps is most disturbing is that she wasn't there a moment ago.

~~~

*Shalah knew something important was happening in the household today. Dharr had told her he had a terribly important guest coming to dinner, and asked her to dance for them, but there was an expectation in the air beyond that. The house was buzzing with excitement, and while Shalah prepared, the servants had given her maddening tidbits of information about the guest. He was known as Wajih, a merchant prince of sorts that dealt only with nobles, fabulously wealthy merchants, and the sultans. He was said to deal in exotic spices, exotic slaves, and exotic beasts from across the sea. One of the servant girls said he had brought a bird that was painted different colors and could talk!*

*Prepared to dance, she waited in the silk-screen doorway for her cue. As Dharr's musicians struck up a sensuous tune, Shalah whirled into action. As Twice-Cursed was woven through her hands and across her body in time to the music, Shalah caught sight of the blades, glowing faintly gold. It was hard to tell in the candlelight, but Shalah knew that glow. A genie was close, someone like her perhaps, a genie-kin, a flamekissed...*

*As she danced she saw the lauded Wajih, a princely man built like a warrior, with perfect bronze skin, hair a striking color of rubies, and a neat moustache and beard. He is wearing a tapestried garment of gold and red, sparkling with gems and metallic thread. He wore an elaborate knife at his side, and on his shoulder was a fantastic bird covered in red, blue, green, and yellow feathers. Astonishingly it spoke to her.*

"Pretty girl! Pretty girl!" Wajih, on the other hand, only gave a small, secretive smile. The dance done, Dharr called her up to the dias.

"May I present my finest concubine, Shalah," he says with a bit of pride. Wajih looks at her for a moment, and then smiles, revealing teeth like pearls.

"This fallen star is twice as beautiful as any in the sky, and such a flower should never be hidden away in a desert oasis," he says lightly.

~~~

*Tariq stood before a simple door in a middle-class quarter of Sagheer. Clues and hints had lead him to believe that Hamal, a maker and seller of decorative pots, could lead him closer to his father. Raising his hand, he was about to knock when a heavy hand closed on his wrist. Turning, startled, a strangers face was revealed in the flickering torchlight beside the door.*

*His face was clever and narrow, like a keen-eyed cat, and his skin showed the hue of one who often walked the desert roads, being deep bronze. He was by far the tallest man Tariq had ever seen, his height exaggerated by a tall white turban with a large ruby set in front. His clothes were of the finest quality, and the knife at his side was so encrusted with gems it would be worth a noble's ransom.*

"Good evening Tariq," he murmured in a voice like rumbling thunder.

Last edited:

*Gazing fascinated at the guest and the colorful, wonderful speaking bird through lowered lashes, Shalah smiles. She bows, a graceful, fluid motion, that ends with her by Dharr's side. Her golden eyes watch the newcomer, as she awaits Dharr's next words.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Goddess FallenAngel said:
*Gazing fascinated at the guest and the colorful, wonderful speaking bird through lowered lashes, Shalah smiles. She bows, a graceful, fluid motion, that ends with her by Dharr's side. Her golden eyes watch the newcomer, as she awaits Dharr's next words.*
*Dharr looks a little startled when Wajih toasts Shalah as he does, but he covers it well.*

"If it would please you, perhaps my flower could entertain you privately tonight," Dharr says, squeezing Shalah's shoulder slightly. She is to try to discern the man's intentions if she can, it's a game they've played before.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a’Mussan (Human) Windwalker

*Jibril noted his brother Windwalkers begin their return. He was pleased to be about to return as well. His armor, Kumel’s Gift, had begun tickling him below and just between his shoulder blades. It would be good to remove it and make certain nothing had found it’s way into it.*

‘It was good think of them as brothers again, and it is good to be considered a brother by them as well – at least to my face,’ Jibril mused as he gave one last scan across the desert horizon. ‘Blessings to the spirits of duty for making my burden light on this day . . .’

*Jibril almost fell to the ground in his startled state at the sight of the woman. He looked to the horizon to see if the sun was up (if he needed to), just to be certain the woman before his was not a spirit. At her signal to stop, Jibril complied and bowed ever so slightly. He was surprised to be spoken to in the tongue of fire, but this surprise paled to that of a woman standing before him when moments before there was morning air.*

“It would appear that you have me at a disadvantage, miss – I know not your name. How is it that you know mine?” Jibril stated as evenly as he could. His eyes began to burn with a silver fire as Jibril exerted his will . . .

OOC: Jibril is attempting to manifest Psionic True Sight, visual display of silver fire in the eyes and a momentary rainbow hued flash.

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Dharr looks a little startled when Wajih toasts Shalah as he does, but he covers it well.*

"If it would please you, perhaps my flower could entertain you privately tonight," Dharr says, squeezing Shalah's shoulder slightly. She is to try to discern the man's intentions if she can, it's a game they've played before.

Realizing that Dharr did not give this newcomer her titles, Shalah was even more intrigued. One worthy of a night's pleasure to discover what he knows, she thinks, her interest quickening.

*Taking her cue from Dharr's hand on her shoulder, she stands and glides towards Wajih sensually, her every movement embodying a flowing, attractive grace, a beckoning smile curving her full lips.*

[OOC: Seduce as per Seductress class skill, Will Save DC 21 (10+4+7)]

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Reaching the edge of camp there is indeed a man looking too pristine to have been out in the sands long at all. Nafeesa proceeds slowly; something about his smile is unsettling. The guards lower their weapons as she approaches.*

"I am Nafeesa, and whom might you be? May I ask why you are so interested in myself? "

This is rather strange. I have never had someone of such obvious high rank inquire after me.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Abdul-Hadid Human-geine-kin Scout

*Startled, Abdul reaches for Seif al Din, reflexively, before relaxing. jumpy indeed, he thinks to himself. *Bowing to the man,* he says "honorable Sir, I think you for the compliment. May I ask your name, and how you came to this oasis?"

Dark Nemesis

First Post
*He turns to see who it was that had grabbed his wrist. He had been startled, but triednot to let it show on his face or in his eyes.* "Good evening," he replies pleasantly, glancing up at the strangers face briefly before bowing slightly. While he was bowing, he tried to think if he recognized the other man.... he was so tall, surely Tariq would remember if they had met before.*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

* Draped over many lush silk pillows Samira, radiant jewel of Ala’Kamal, reads upon a book, the book was one of her favorite type as it told the tales of a distant land and people. In this case of this book the people wore metal armor to protect themselves, this was unheard of in Samira’s native homeland of Keldev, such a thing would be considered a form of torture at the very least and a death sentence at the very worst. *

* Hearing the voice of the approaching Rashida Samira carefully marks her page as she gently places the old and dusty tome aside and turns towards her, a friendly smile forms as she greats the matron. *

Samira’s tone carries with it a hint of excitement but mostly it’s full of ample curiosity, “Really? Mother, do we know whom it is?”

* As she waits for Rashida to reply she straights properly giving the older lady an easier time at binding her long tassels of hair. *

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Samira said:
Samira’s tone carries with it a hint of excitement but mostly it’s full of ample curiosity, “Really? Mother, do we know whom it is?”

*As she waits for Rashida to reply she straights properly giving the older lady an easier time at binding her long tassels of hair. *
"He is called Mansur a'Majid, the Divinely Protected Glorious Prince. He is royalty, the ruler of a great nation from far beyond the mountains, and comes with offers of alliance and great wealth. Ala'Kamal will gain the greatest prestige by securing a treaty with him, and you will be the one to set him at ease. If Mansur a'Majid asks for you, the sultan asked me to ask you, will you go with him? He trusts your charms, Jewel, to soften any hard edges this prince may have," Rashida says, as she selects one of Samira's most flattering dancing outfits, one in gold, bronze, amber, and deep red, along with a great deal of her finest jewelry.

"Ala'Kamal has asked for the Dance of Two Blades, do your best child!" Rashida offers, expertly applying make-up to enhance Samira's already radiant features. Khol extended her eyes, red ocher powder brought a becoming flush to her face, gold dust made her sparkle even in dim light. "Go Samira, they will be waiting for you!"

*Going to the sultan's audiance chamber, Samira can see it has been decorated within an inch of its life. Gold silk drapes soar from the ceiling, magical lights illuminate the colored glass windows, dozens of other skilled harem girls from the noble's harem serve the drinks and feed food to the men in Mansur a'Majid's train. He seems to have no women with him, but he may simply have them under guard in the guest quarters, as viewing one's wife in public is a personal decision.*

*Peacocks are arranged about the periphery of the room, trained to keep their magificent tails spread, and acrobats and belly dancers of moderate skill give something for the guests to look at while the main entertainment prepares herself. Adara, the sulteena, virginal sister of Ala'Mahir, sat by the sultan's side, dressed in exotic blue silks; swathed from head to toe in them. She was purely a political bride, but Ala'Kamal was expected to produce an heir from her at some point. Apparently she had yet to interest him fully for that duty.*

*The musicians caught sight of Samira behind the curtains, and on her signal struck up a sensuous tune. Whirling into action with grace and beauty unknown elsewhere in the Six Cities, the Radiant Jewel of Ala'Kamal dazzled all with her talent and loveliness. The two featherblades whirled through the incense and perfume-scented air, and the light glittered off of her gold-dusted skin. The dance done, not a single eye in the room was not following her every move. Pleased smiles and a raising of cups showed their pleasure, as did a smile from the sultan and a crook of his finger to have her sit on a cushion next to him. The sulteena sat on the other side, a symbol of power and prestige... and not much else. No one spoke to her, her conduct was the sultan's to conduct at all times. Perhaps even more than a harem girl, she lacked any kind of freedom.*

*Ala'Kamal placed his Jewel between himself and Mansur a'Majid, signalling for a servant to bring her a cup of fine date wine. With a brilliant smile, he gestured to his guest.*

"Is she not the finest Jewel of all the sands?" he said broadly, with a tone that booked no argument. Mansur a'Majid nodded and regarded her with a pleased eye.

"I have never seen a woman so lovely, sultan, surely you and your city is blessed by the gods," he said graciously. "Would you permit me the company of your Jewel for an hour or two, so that I might learn the extent of the sultan's blessing?"

*With an elegant, jewel-encrusted hand, Ala'Kamal allowed him, and Samira, that freedom. She was now free to speak to him, as well as to pleasure him, if he should wish.*

"Such a fine dance, and with such wonderful weapons. It is said that these dances could be put to very deadly use, if the dancer were threatened. Is there any truth to these rumors?" Mansur said languidly, lounging on his cushions like a contented cat.

~~~

Abdul said:
*Startled, Abdul reaches for Seif al Din, reflexively, before relaxing. jumpy indeed, he thinks to himself. *Bowing to the man,* he says "honorable Sir, I think you for the compliment. May I ask your name, and how you came to this oasis?"
"I am Nu'man, Abdul-Hadid, bearer of Seif al Din. And I am here to raise you from this meaningless, wandering existance you have condemned yourself to. You were born with the blood of princes and sultans in your veins, you have slain a rakshasa, had your very sword come alive in your hand, and still you would rather hide yourself away in the desert. Come with me, for I come to show you your true path in life."

~~~

Nafeesa said:
*Reaching the edge of camp there is indeed a man looking too pristine to have been out in the sands long at all. Nafeesa proceeds slowly; something about his smile is unsettling. The guards lower their weapons as she approaches.*

"I am Nafeesa, and whom might you be? May I ask why you are so interested in myself? "

This is rather strange. I have never had someone of such obvious high rank inquire after me.
"I am Rayhan, little one, and I am in need of one such as you. Your skills are renown, even in the wilds of the desert, and I have sought you out to ask for your aid," he says with a broad smile.

~~~

Shalah said:
Realizing that Dharr did not give this newcomer her titles, Shalah was even more intrigued. One worthy of a night's pleasure to discover what he knows, she thinks, her interest quickening.

*Taking her cue from Dharr's hand on her shoulder, she stands and glides towards Wajih sensually, her every movement embodying a flowing, attractive grace, a beckoning smile curving her full lips.*
*Wajih smiles becomingly at Shalah, and seems to take on the slightly glassy-eyed look of one under her spell. Rising to take her to his chamber, he holds her close. As they pass through the archway to the back of the house, there's a sensation of falling, a brief, intense feeling of cold, and a moment of absolute blackness.*

*When it passes, Shalah finds herself in a room that is no part of Dharr's home! Astoundingly decadent, and decorated in even finer materials than the sultan's harem, with gold floors, walls of ruby and diamond, hundreds of silk pillows, a low table covered with bowls of fruit so numerous it must have cost a large fortune...*

"Relax, my dear, and ask of me what you will. Would you care for a persimmon?" Wajih asks casually, sitting down and plucking up a reddish fruit and beginning to peal it as if he didn't have a care in the world.

~~~

Jubril said:
*Jibril almost fell to the ground in his startled state at the sight of the woman. He looked to the horizon to see if the sun was up (if he needed to), just to be certain the woman before his was not a spirit. At her signal to stop, Jibril complied and bowed ever so slightly. He was surprised to be spoken to in the tongue of fire, but this surprise paled to that of a woman standing before him when moments before there was morning air.*

“It would appear that you have me at a disadvantage, miss – I know not your name. How is it that you know mine?” Jibril stated as evenly as he could. His eyes began to burn with a silver fire as Jibril exerted his will . . .
*Jibril's enhanced sight only saw what his mundane eyes saw, though her eyes seemed a bit more luminous.*

"I am Badra, and your name is known to me as are all the events of your life. Your arrogance, the death of those beneath you, the death of your children, your own aimless wanderings, they are all as clear to me as my own name. You were born to serve, and I call you to a higher purpose than what you have wasted your life on before this. I call you to serve the heirs to the Burning Thones, to keep them safe during their trials, to guard them against those who would not see the return of the true rulers of Keldev. Do you accept this task, Windwalker?"

~~~

Tariq said:
*He turns to see who it was that had grabbed his wrist. He had been startled, but triednot to let it show on his face or in his eyes.* "Good evening," he replies pleasantly, glancing up at the strangers face briefly before bowing slightly. While he was bowing, he tried to think if he recognized the other man.... he was so tall, surely Tariq would remember if they had met before.*
*Tariq cannot remember ever meeting this man, which makes his presence all the more mysterious.*

"I am Hamzah, the Lion of the Desert, a man of not inconsiderable wealth and power. You have never heard of me, nor will you find anyone who has. Despite this, I offer you something that no one else would be able to; a way to find your father, and a way to gain power and prestige enough so that you would never have to wander again. This power does not come without price, but this offer only comes once," Hamzah says, taking a step back out of the glare of the light. For a brief moment it looked as if his eyes glowed with golden light, but then it was gone again, a mere trick of the light.

"Do you wish this chance?" he says, holding out a massive palm branded with a pecular mark.

Attachments

• brand.gif
    brand.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases