Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Shalah blinks and looked around the lush room. Why... where am I? Although it is quite nice... quite nice indeed.

*She smiles at Wajih and casually takes a seat herself. Waving away the offer of refreshments, she lounges against a nicely soft pile of silk pillows.*

"Well...." she muses, watching him through lowered lashes, "I admit to being curious as to how you knew me... and, of course, who you are." *She leans forward, gazing raptly at him.*

rangerjohn

Explorer
Abdul-Hadid Human/Genie-kin Scout

*Abdul bows even lower as he says "you must be of the holy ones, you know my life as if you lived it. You tell me things about myself, I barely admit to myself and my brother, much less others. What is this destiny you speak of?"

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

* As Samira takes the glass of date wine from the servant the radiant jewel smiles flirtatiously at the compliment from behind. As she speaks with Mansur a'Majid her amber eyes dance and sparkle lightly and she sips occasionally from the wine, enough to be respectful but not enough to overdue it. *

“Indeed, Prince Mansur, I have of course been trained to defend myself, I’m far to precious to be allowed to be harmed, but surely a gentleman such as you has no need to worry about such unpleasantries?”

* Samira leans in slightly closer as she finishes speaking, a slightly seductive smile spreads across her stunning features. *

Last edited:

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
"It is a pleasure to meet you Rayhan" she says extending her hand. "what is it that you need my assistance with, and how can this humble wander be of service?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril A'Mussan (Windwalker) Rogue/Psion/Fighter

Badra said:
"I am Badra, and your name is known to me as are all the events of your life. Your arrogance, the death of those beneath you, the death of your children, your own aimless wanderings, they are all as clear to me as my own name. You were born to serve, and I call you to a higher purpose than what you have wasted your life on before this. I call you to serve the heirs to the Burning Thrones, to keep them safe during their trials, to guard them against those who would not see the return of the true rulers of Keldev. Do you accept this task, Windwalker?”

Jibril was taken aback – this woman had an amazing ability to catch him off balance. To know so much of him. . . too much . . . more than he wanted to know about himself . . . though he had learned to bear his burden. It was more difficult when the memories are given to the air through words.

Jibril tried to remember his studies – he had been quite the scholar when he had first started along this path. He tried to remember anything regarding the heirs to the Burning Thrones or the true rulers of Keldev – as well as anything about a mysterious woman named Badra.

“It is true that I serve, Badra, as do all of the Windwalkers of the Five Pillars,” Jibril replied in Ignam as well. Jibril glanced to his right and left slightly, determining where his brethren were at, whether they had continued on their journey back to town – or if the pair were waiting on him. He looked to Badra and spoke from his heart. “I had thought I had a higher purpose before, that I was better than others . . . and it lead to great tragedy – as you know. I am interested in serving – in following my duty – but I would know more of what you speak before I accept this task, if you will permit me.”

Dark Nemesis

First Post
"Do you wish this chance?" he says, holding out a massive palm branded with a pecular mark.

*Tariq looked first at the strangers eyes, then down at the mark upon his palm as he considered the stranger's words. Wealth, prestige and a way to find his father? The stranger had his undivided attention. Yet... it would be best to remain cautious... it seemed almost too good to be true.* "You make a most intriguing offer, and I am quite interested. May I be so bold as to ask for you to tell me more?"

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Tariq said:
*Tariq looked first at the strangers eyes, then down at the mark upon his palm as he considered the stranger's words. Wealth, prestige and a way to find his father? The stranger had his undivided attention. Yet... it would be best to remain cautious... it seemed almost too good to be true.* "You make a most intriguing offer, and I am quite interested. May I be so bold as to ask for you to tell me more?"
*Hamzah gave an odd smile, showing his teeth to be seemingly made of sapphire.*

"You are a gemchild, and the blood of the true rulers of Keldev flows in your veins. The blood of the genies and janns, those with the knowledge and power to hold the thrones for thousands of years uncontested, that is what is in you, and that is what gives you this chance to take back your birthright," he murmurs, his voice thrumming through the night air.

~~~

Jibril said:
Jibril tried to remember his studies – he had been quite the scholar when he had first started along this path. He tried to remember anything regarding the heirs to the Burning Thrones or the true rulers of Keldev – as well as anything about a mysterious woman named Badra.

“It is true that I serve, Badra, as do all of the Windwalkers of the Five Pillars,” Jibril replied in Ignam as well. Jibril glanced to his right and left slightly, determining where his brethren were at, whether they had continued on their journey back to town – or if the pair were waiting on him. He looked to Badra and spoke from his heart. “I had thought I had a higher purpose before, that I was better than others . . . and it lead to great tragedy – as you know. I am interested in serving – in following my duty – but I would know more of what you speak before I accept this task, if you will permit me.”
*Jibril would remember that the Burning Thrones were the names of the heriditary thrones of the sultans. However, originally the Burning Thrones were held by genies, the ones that had caused the springs to flow in Keldev so that the cities could be built. They were the ones that raised the palaces and established many of the fine things that makes Keldev the only truly civilized places for miles. However, of a woman named Badra you know nothing other than the fact that her name means "full moon."*

"We are calling the Heirs to come prove themselves, but they will need a competent guardian and guide during their trials. You are to be that guardian," she murmurs.

~~~

Nafeesa said:
"It is a pleasure to meet you Rayhan" she says extending her hand. "what is it that you need my assistance with, and how can this humble wander be of service?"
"My child is gravely wounded, and you are one of the only people that can help her. Please, will you come with me and see what you can do?" Rayhan says, still smiling slightly.

~~~

Samira said:
* As Samira takes the glass of date wine from the servant the radiant jewel smiles flirtatiously at the compliment from behind. As she speaks with Mansur a'Majid her amber eyes dance and sparkle lightly and she sips occasionally from the wine, enough to be respectful but not enough to overdue it. *

“Indeed, Prince Mansur, I have of course been trained to defend myself, I’m far to precious to be allowed to be harmed, but surely a gentleman such as you has no need to worry about such unpleasantries?”

* Samira leans in slightly closer as she finishes speaking, a slightly seductive smile spreads across her stunning features. *
"But you've been forced to use your skills to the point of deadly force before, haven't you? You're a very resourceful young woman, considering how sheltered you've been. But then again, it was not so long ago that you were able to see the city. Someone kidnapped you, so they say. Tell me, was it terribly exciting being able to see the city? Would you like to see it again sometime?" Mansur asks, his eyes very bright.

~~~

Abdul-Hadid said:
*Abdul bows even lower as he says "you must be of the holy ones, you know my life as if you lived it. You tell me things about myself, I barely admit to myself and my brother, much less others. What is this destiny you speak of?"
"You are decended from the blood of sultans! You should be lording over them, not serving them. Why else would you live so long, and have powers that few others do? You have the blood of the genies in you, and you are an heir to the Burning Thrones!"

~~~

Shalah said:
Shalah blinks and looked around the lush room. Why... where am I? Although it is quite nice... quite nice indeed.

*She smiles at Wajih and casually takes a seat herself. Waving away the offer of refreshments, she lounges against a nicely soft pile of silk pillows.*

"Well...." she muses, watching him through lowered lashes, "I admit to being curious as to how you knew me... and, of course, who you are." *She leans forward, gazing raptly at him.*
"I have known you for years, for you carry the blood of my kin inside you. You are decended from the genie sultans, those great and powerful beings who ruled Keldev many hundreds of years ago. And now you are being called to take your rightful place on the Burning Thrones."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

* Samira continues to smile but her amber eyes show her true reaction of surprise to her companion, the wine goblet cleverly hides most of her face from the sultan. Samira takes a bigger sip from her goblet, her keen mind working upon her reply, as her amber eyes study Mansur from a sidewise glance. *

Replying in a hush tone, her near golden eyes darting in the direction of the sultan in an unspoken warning, “My lord, if you know me as well as you appear to then you already know the answer to that.”

* Leaning back slightly upon the silk cushion Samira speaks louder knowing that Ala’Kamal will eventually be curious as to what they speak off. Her smile glitters, as does her eyes, with interest at the mysterious man. *

“I’m somewhat found of hearing of far away places, my prince, would you be so kind as to tell me of your own homeland? I’ve heard little of the places beyond the mountains.”

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Abdul-Hadid

"Knowing me as you do, you know I know many things, but ruling from a throne is not one of them. What makes you think I should rule?"

Shalah blinks in surprise. "Me? Ruling upon a great throne such as that? Forgive me, powerful one, but few would follow a harem-girl." *She leans back, dropping her pretense.* "Why one such as I?" She raises a questioning eyebrow. "Surely if you can do all this," she gestures at the golden floors, the gemstone walls, and fine silk hangings, "you would be better for such a postion that I."

Last edited:

Remove ads