Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Samira said:
She speaks loudly enough for the sultan and others to hear, “Your homeland sounds simply amazing my prince.” Her exquisite face turns dreamy, “far to fantastic for this simple harem girl to comprehend.”

* Samira quickly forgets her daydream as Mansur’s hand delicately lifts her almost subconsciously from her cushion. Samira’s expression turns from slight worry to confusion as Ala’Kamal fails to react to Mansur’s breach of etiquette. Her braided hair whips around as she glances about looking for someone to react to the screen. *

“What did you do to them? Why don’t they respond to our actions?”

* Not waiting for his reply Samira turns back towards Mansur, her confusion replaced with determination as she prepares to reach for her featherblades. *

Samira’s tone is hushed but her words are harsh as she replies coolly, “I don’t claim to know my heritage, I honestly know little of it, and though I find myself wanting to believe your words I ‘m skeptical in the end. Explain yourself and we will see if I agree to help. Though your display of power is considerable, stay where you are, as I will defend myself.”
"I? I have done little to them, Radiant Jewel. For now they simply leave us in peace, to talk unfettered by conventions. You could be so much more than you ever thought possible. It could be you on the sultan's throne, you having the power, you being the one giving the orders. I have come to find those worthy of the Burning Thrones, and if you pass the tests given to you, it will be you who rules this city before long. Will you care to seize the power that is yours by birthright?" Mansur says easily, a sly smile on his lips. He seems utterly unaffected by Samira's warning.

~~~

Shalah said:
*Shalah smiles in superiority, as susceptable to praise as any beautiful woman.* "What you say is indeed mostly correct - though I am not the only individual in this illusionary room who has the blood of genies in my ancestory." As my dear Twice-Cursed informs me.

*Pursing her lips in thought, she selects a ripe piece of fruit from one of the bowls on the table.* I should humor him, I suppose....

"How would I attain such a rule, then? I hardly think demanding the throne would suffice." *She smiles at Wajih and takes a bite of the fruit.*
"To take the throne, you simply have to prove yourself. Come with me, and you will be able to test yourself before the other heirs, to determine who and how you will rule. I will even be able to reunite you with those you had thought lost," Wajih says slyly.

~~~

Tariq said:
*For a moment, Tariq regarded the stranger, undecided. The stranger spoke of genies, and tests, which made him curious. He also spoke of rewards, which certainly was a temptation. But he was still a stranger, and Tariq wondered how he had come to know so much about him. It was daring that brought rewards, and with that thought in mind, he checked briefly to make sure Aliyy was still sleeping in his pack, before reaching out to take the stranger’s hand.*
*Aliyy continues to sleep soundly in Tariq's pack, unaffected by whatever momentous events going on around her. They cannot possibly be as important as a nap is right now.*

*Hamzah takes Tariq's hand in an iron grip, and the world suddenly swirls around them like kava in a mug, disorienting and cold. With a wrench, all sets to rights again. Tariq is standing on pure white sand next to a lush oasis. Around it, white marble buildings carved so fine as to look as if they had been woven rose into the night sky, illuminated within by the warm glow of fire. The scent of incense was in the air, and the soothing bubble of water was all that could be heard.*

"Rest here tonight, the others will be along." And with that, Hamzah folded away like a trick of moonlight. Behind himself, Tariq found a fine, broad pavilion scattered with hundred of pillows, looking very inviting to sleep on.

~~~

Nafeesa said:
“I do hope your enchanted carpet is indeed large as I have a wonderful pony and my dear dog that go everywhere with me. If this will not be any trouble I will gather my belonging, make one last call upon the new mother and baby, and say my goodbyes.”

*With that she turns lightly on her heels heading back to the heart of the camp where the tent she had been occupying was picked. *
"It is very large, I assure you," Rayhan says, still with the same odd smile. Mother and child bid a fond and thankful farewell to their healer, calling upon the spirits of fate to wish her luck. Taking her faithful pony and hound with her, she finds that Rayhan was not exaggerating about the size of the carpet, as it was nearly as large as a festival tent, and contained practically enough room to run around on.

*The carpet rising from the ground swiftly, the undulating calls of the Nessarine fading behind her swiftly. The speed is fantastic, faster than any bird Nafeesa has ever seen, racing over the sands of Keldev like the sky spirits were supposed to be able to. As she traveled, she noted that they seemed to be traveling in shade, even though the sun was directly overhead, and the wind from their passing was no more than a pleasent zepher instead of the malestrom it should be.*

*Suddenly, between one blink of her eyes and the next, the day shifts from sunlight to moonlight, and the magic carpet is alighting by an oasis, next to white marble buildings of astounding complexity. A pavilion lies to one side, pleasingly lit with lanterns and scattered with comfortable-looking pillars. Rayhan ushers you off the carpet and points to the pavilion.*

"Rest and refresh yourself, I will be back shortly," he says briefly, flying off into the sky so swiftly the wind itself would envy him. It looks like there's a low table inside the pavilion laden with food and drink. And it seems there's already someone here, a man.

~~~

Jibril said:
“It will take but a few moments to inform one of my brethren of my need to depart for a time,” Jibril offered by way of explanation. “If you know me as well as you say you do, you know that I take my responsibilities quite seriously. Hence, I cannot simply disappear and cause trouble for Windwalkers. They wouldn’t want that from me, and with the same reasoning, I will not abandon the heirs you speak of as well.”

Jibril then turned to look toward one of his brethren, hoping to call out to them and explain that he would be gone on a pilgrimage for a time. He was part of the Windwalkers and would not betray their trust again. He had no one else to tell, and even those he might be interested in telling, would not be interested in knowing.

Once that was accomplished, Jibril took the offered hand.
"It has all be arranged, I assure you, your responsibilities will not go wanting for your absence," Badra says, and then leans forward and grasps his hand. With a sensation of falling through infinite space, then landing, Jibril suddenly finds himself alone beside a white sand oasis, at night, in a strange place with white marble buildings he had never seen before. Behind him a lighted pavilion stood, filled with cushions, light, and food, as well as a man, a woman, a hound, and a pony.

~~~

Abdul-Hadid said:
"It seems, I must take your word, honourable one. Please, lead on." Abdul says with a bow.
"Quick to decide, and polite as well. You'll do well, well indeed," Nu'man says, stepping forward and clasping Abdul's hand. With a sudden shifting of the landscape, a feeling that the world just collapses and reformed around them, Abdul finds himself next to a white sand oasis. Beautiful white buildings surround him, and a lighted pavilion is at his back. A man wearing the desert garb of the Windwalker scouts is also by the oasis, while a man, a woman, and a few beasts are in the pavilion.

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
*He closed his eyes and slowly shook his head, before taking a good look at his surroundings. The incense, the sound of the water, the appearance of the buildings, it all appeared to be quite comfortable. He looks back at Hamzah speaks, but before he could reply, the stranger was gone.* “Very well, good night,” he said at last to the empty air. *The pavilion appeared to be quite cozy. While he waited for others to arrive, he tried to rest, though he felt quite curious about what was to come*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

* Samira shows little emotion but nods her head and lowers her arms to a more natural position, her lush lips form a small charming smile as she walks the final few steps to Mansur. *

“Considering what I’ve seen so far I have no reason to doubt you… Your people are enlightened enough to except the rule of a female? If so tell me of these tests? You implied there is more than just me... Tell me of these other heirs? Are you here to guide me, or just to inform me of this challenge?”

Last edited:

*Shalah raises a questioning eyebrow.* Those I had thought lost?... But....

"Very well, I will accompany you." *She stands, gracefully rising to her feet.* "Of course, I must gather my belongings and say farewell to Dharr.... in the meantime, tell me - what are these tests that you speak of?"

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Slinging her pack over the back of Dahad and calling Adham back to her side they head toward the pleasant pavilion. Her eyes range about taking in the peaceful sight. Leaving her friends to rest in the soft sand outside the pavilion Nafeesa enters. She notices a man lounging about, approaching him she introduces her self and asks to take seat assuming this was his oasis.*

" I am Nafeesa. May I sit and rest while I wait?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a'Mussan (Windwalker, Human) - Rogue/Fighter/Psion

Jibril was not prepared for the speed at which Badra moved and grasped his hand. He was startled and concerned that he had failed his brethren, despite the assurances the Badra made. Unfortunately, as he looked around his new surroundings with a frown, he didn’t immediately recognize where he was . . .

Jibril took notice of the woman, who was currently introducing herself to a man lounging on some pillows. He bowed slightly in direction of the man and woman upon his arrival – not wanting to interrupt their private conversation. Instead, after the bow, he scanned the horizon looking for familiar landmarks . . . or even familiar stars.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
*The solitude of the pavilion is soon broken when a beautiful young lady arrived. Seeing her approach, Tariq got to his feet and bowed low.* “It is very nice to meet you, Nafeesa. My name is Tariq.” He smiled and gestured around at the empty pillows. “Please do! I would greatly appreciate the company.”

*Out of the corner of his eye, he saw another man enter the pavilion as well. He bowed in return to the stranger, and gestured for him to approach. Now that there were others here, perhaps he could learn more about what was going on.*

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Abdul-Hadid

*Abdul looks behind for his guide and finds him gone.* "Brother, this is most strange." *So he approaches the pavillion. "Ho the camp, can any tell where we are? I just had the most miraculous experience. I was told I was to rule, and left here?"

Last edited:

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
*The solitude of the pavilion is soon broken when a beautiful young lady arrived. Seeing her approach, Tariq got to his feet and bowed low.* “It is very nice to meet you, Nafeesa. My name is Tariq.” He smiled and gestured around at the empty pillows. “Please do! I would greatly appreciate the company.”

*Out of the corner of his eye, he saw another man enter the pavilion as well. He bowed to the stranger, and gestured for him to approach. Now that there were others here, perhaps he could learn more about what was going on.*

"The pleasure is mine." with a smile on her face Nafeesa thanks Tariq and takes a place on a pillow across from him. Seeing him look up and gesture for someone else to come forward she watches with growing curiosity. *

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Samira said:
* Samira shows little emotion but nods her head and lowers her arms to a more natural position, her lush lips form a small charming smile as she walks the final few steps to Mansur. *

“Considering what I’ve seen so far I have no reason to doubt you… Your people are enlightened enough to except the rule of a female? If so tell me of these tests? You implied there is more than just me... Tell me of these other heirs? Are you here to guide me, or just to inform me of this challenge?”
"My people accept the rule of anyone with the propery abilities, whether they are a woman or a man is of no consequence. The tests will only be revealed at the proper time, as is expected, but there will be tests of intelligence, of creativity, of strength of will and of arms. I will take you to the proper place to meet the other heirs, and will return to guide you from time to time," Mansur says, reaching out his hand and touching Samira on the shoulder.

~~~

Shalah said:
*Shalah raises a questioning eyebrow.* Those I had thought lost?... But....

"Very well, I will accompany you." *She stands, gracefully rising to her feet.* "Of course, I must gather my belongings and say farewell to Dharr.... in the meantime, tell me - what are these tests that you speak of?"
"All such things will be taken care of, I assure you. The tests... will all come in good time," Wajih says, and then touches her on the shoulder.

~~~

*Both former harem girls find themselves in the white sand oasis, all their possessions in neat bundles next to them (or standing in the case of the camel). They're surrounded by white buildings of beautiful complexity, and a small number of people are also here, some in a well-appointed pavilion, and some standing just outside it.*

~~~

Jibril said:
Jibril took notice of the woman, who was currently introducing herself to a man lounging on some pillows. He bowed slightly in direction of the man and woman upon his arrival – not wanting to interrupt their private conversation. Instead, after the bow, he scanned the horizon looking for familiar landmarks . . . or even familiar stars.
*Jibril could see no familiar landmarks, and while some of the stars looks vaguely familiar, it was hard to say.*

*Behind Jibril, he suddenly noted four other figures. One was clearly a Nessarine woman, a Dustkissed to be prescise, in the elaborate garb of a spirit-talker. Another was a flamekissed man with reddish skin and bright yellow hair, wearing the fine leather scale armor of a prosperous ghulam, with a golden scimitar in his belt. There are also two Atiik, one seemingly normal, dressed in leather studded with stone and bone, with light hammers in his belt, and a dour expression on his face. The other has white, glittering skin and hair, and is clearly a gemchild. He wears sand-colored robes, a wide-brimmed hat, a cloak and dark sandles, and is carrying a bag. Curiously he seems to have not a single weapon present.*

*The normal Atiik and the ghulam walk up to Jibril, both offering bows.*

"They kidnapped you too, didn't they? To guard these... 'heirs,' right?" the flamekissed man says. "I am Suhayb."

"Omran," the Atiik allows, looking at the other two as they make their way to the pavilion.

*In the pavilion, the dustkissed and the gemchild arrive, both carrying the minimum in the way of belongings. The dustkissed woman has the dusty skin and hair of her type, as well as the dry, brown eyes, cracked lips, and thin build.*

"So you're the other heirs? I am Cala, of the Radiant Sands tribe of the Nessarine."

"I'm Tarek al Saoud, Exalted priest of the Five Pillars," the gemchild offers with a quiet bow.

Remove ads