Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Keia said:
Jibril bowed to the two new arrivals, and said, “Greetings to you both. Indeed, it seems that perhaps that would be the correct word for what happened. I certainly believe that those honored individuals who gathered us would not take no for an answer. They certainly didn’t take ‘just a moment’ for an answer.”

“But, that is done and past. I do not recognize any of the landmarks or even the stars. Do either of you?”
Jibril asked.
*Both Suhayb and Omran shake their heads."

"When I left Samak, it was daylight, and now it is night. Even the stars don't look quite right here..." Suhayb says with a shake of his head.

"Then the explanation is that we are not truly here, in Keldev. The genies have brought us to their own domain to wait," Omran says, scowling in the direction of the pavilion.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Everyone is at the complex of the oasis, buildings, and pavilion. It seems that all the heirs are in the pavilion, while the guards are outside by the oasis.*

rangerjohn

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Cala turns to Abdul, raising at eyebrow at his muttering.*

"I believe everyone is as much in the dark as you, youngling. Our hosts would be the only ones with the answers to those questions, and they have chosen to leave us alone this night. Come, tell us your name, eat, drink, for we may not have the food on the morrow," the dustkissed says with typical Nessarine fatalism.

"I am Abdul-Hadid, and I have not been called youngling, since the youth of (fill in the name of the current sultan's grandfather). Although to you I may still be a youngling. And this is my brother, Seif al Din, he says indicating the falchion. It is an honor to take a meal with you." * He says with a bow.*

Dark Nemesis

First Post
*Tariq raised his eyebrows slightly at Abdul’s words, his green eyes moving from him, down to his falchion. Perhaps the man was suffering from the heat, for him to think that a weapon was his brother. Or perhaps he was mad. Either way, he smiled pleasantly, and brushed his dark blue hair out of his eyes. “Cala speaks words of wisdom. Come! Let us partake in refreshment, and learn about each other.” With that said, he offered his arm to Nafeesa. In particular, he was curious about the other two gemchildren.

*Shalah smiles stunningly at Samira.* "Don't worry dearheart, I'm not going to disappear - and I don't think that this is a dream."

*Entering the pavillion, she glances around at the many people gathered inside, her arm still firmly about Samira's slender waist.*

"Hello," she says huskly, "Are all of you here because you were told you were to be tested for these 'Thrones' as well?"

*The woman who enters the pavillion with a dancer's grace is about 5' 7", with long golden hair, tinged with red that shimmers when she moves. Her exotic, slanted, khol-lined eyes seem to be molten gold, and her skin almost sparkles with a golden bronze sheen. She is wearing a light golden veil, and her dancer's outfit consists mostly of scarves artfully arranged, all in colors of red and gold and trimmed with small bells. She has her arm comfortably around the waist of a tall, beautiful red-haired woman, much as close friends or a lover might.*

[OOC: B.S., you can describe Samira if you choose. ;)]

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril A'Mussan (Windwalker, Human) Rogue/Psion/Fighter

Suhayb said:
"When I left Samak, it was daylight, and now it is night. Even the stars don't look quite right here..." Suhayb says with a shake of his head.

"I would agree, my friend," Jibril commented, "nor are there any landmarks that I can discern . . . and I have traveled to all of the five cities."

Omran said:
"Then the explanation is that we are not truly here, in Keldev. The genies have brought us to their own domain to wait," Omran says, scowling in the direction of the pavilion.

"It would seem so," Jibril added. "Perhaps we should do as asked then . . . for one would not want to anger a genie - particularly in their own domain. It is good to meet you both . . . I sense that we will be traveling together for a time, so we should discuss our respective talents. Though that can wait until we meet the heirs and refresh ourselves as well."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

Before arriving at the pavilion Samira gives a sultry smile as she replies witty yet honestly to Shalah, “I agree, us being clothed is proof enough that this is no dream of mine.”

* Enter the pavilion Samira seems a bit more interested in the details of the structure than the people inside but she smiles friendly to all that are gathered. Her repeated affectionate smiles at the veiled female at her side leaves little doubt of her feelings for her. *

Still in Shalah’s embrace Samira continues to give warm smiles as she introduces them, “I’m Samira, the radiant jewel of Ala’Kamal…” Blushing her voice trials off as her smile turns apologetic, “Sorry, old habit as I imagine I no longer belong to him so I guess the radiant jewel of Shalah is more fitting now.”

Bowing her head at her gold haired companion Samira continues, “and this, of course, is Shalah.”

OOC: I would rather not have Samira’s marking of territory lost… I’ve also have a page long description in the RG but if you insist… “flawless perfection.”

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Keia said:
"I would agree, my friend," Jibril commented, "nor are there any landmarks that I can discern . . . and I have traveled to all of the six cities."

"It would seem so," Jibril added. "Perhaps we should do as asked then . . . for one would not want to anger a genie - particularly in their own domain. It is good to meet you both . . . I sense that we will be traveling together for a time, so we should discuss our respective talents. Though that can wait until we meet the heirs and refresh ourselves as well."
*Sahayb nods at Jibril's words*

"You speak wisdom, Jibril. Come, some wine would do wonders to slake my thirst. If Badra could transport me from Sakar to here in the blink of an eye, surely she made sure there was good wine here," the flamekissed says with a smile, turning to stride up to the pavilion.

*The pavilion itself is made from cool white marble and intricately carved. The floor is smooth and cool, and incense-scented braziers sit in the corner to ward off the night's chill. Dozens of silk pillows lie around for people's lounging, and silk curtains, set to drop at a touch, are able to offer a bit of privacy. The table in the middle is practically groaning with the food set on it. Fresh coffee is here, in a silver pot, ground cardamom pods ready nearby for flavor. Bowls of dates are scattered all over the table in small stone bowls.*

*Al-kabsa, rice cooked with chicken, spices, and vegetables is in one are bowl, while a lamb prepared al-mandi, barbecued in a deep covered hole with rice and spices, is in another, the meat looking incredibly tender. Another platter holds jarish, wheat cooked with sour milk, spiced, boiled, and topped with chopped hot peppers and onions. Selek, hot rice pudding cooked in meat broth and milk until soft, provides a less-spicy alternative. The ubiquitous, unleavend kubez bread is scattered all over the table, along with bowls of garlic-scented hummus.*

*The crowning dish is something usually only seen on feast days, kharuf mahshi, baby lamb stuffed with rice, nuts and raisins, rubbed outside with a paste of onion crushed with cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and browned all over in bubbling sawn, clarified cow or goat butter, before roasting. It is a kingly dish, well suited for those called heirs. At the far end of the table are dishes of spices, salt, and butter, as well as three ceramic carafes of wine of five palm quality, one of the best available. Plates, bowls, knives, and goblets are all arranged around the table, made of fine ceramic and trimmed with copper and bronze.*

*Above you the pavilion is lit with many bronze and stained glass lamps, providing a warm, multi-colored glow over the entire place. The smells from the table are incredibly enticing; it obvious they were prepared by master chefs.*

Remove ads