Shackled City - Chapter I

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus scowls suspiciously as the monk-wizard-thing enters the tavern and sits down at the bar.
Make your move before the weirdo does!
"Hi!" he says to the elven maiden, smiling broadly.

Majin

First Post
"Five copper for a fine meal to go with your drink Miss Alinis," the barkeep smiles. His daughter enters the room from a door behind the bar.

"The payment for our latest arrival's keeping da," the girl says, dropping Alinis' payment for the stabling charges in her fathers hand. She turns quickly to go before being stopped by Kellen. "Min..." he says impatienty, stopping the girl in her tracks. "Yes da?" the girl mutters and turns back around to face her father.

"Josef, the cook, went home early today complaining about the sniffles or some such nonsense. Run along and prepare a dish of tonight's special for Miss Alinis here before returning to your duties." Without another word Kellen turns to greet Kiyoshi. "My you are quite a new face around here, aren't you? How may I help you this evening sir?"

Min stands at the doorway a moment longer, a pout spread across her face. With a sigh she turns to Alinis and smiles, "Don't worry, I'll make sure to wash my hands first!" then turns on her heels and disappears into the kitchen to prepare Alinis' meal.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
"Hello," Alinis said politely sipping her tea, enjoying the first hot thing she had since breakfast earlier that morning. A goatee? Gods, I haven't seen anyone with a goatee since my kid brother decided he wanted to be a bard and impress the ladies. Might as well give him a chance. she thought in amusement, hiding her smile behind her tea-cup. My brother did eventually decide to shave it off anyway after I teased him unmercifully for ten years.

She looked in her concealed belt pouch and sighed. No more small change. "I don't have anymore small coins, do you have change for a gold piece?" she asked proffering a single gold piece, carefully hiding the rest of her money from sight. "And you are sir?" she asked, the half-elf beside her.

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
It's the goatee; the ladies love the goatee...
He looks to make sure Kellen isn't paying attention before he introduces himself.
"My name is Orpheus," he says offering a hand and going for the eloquent courtly kiss...on the hand. "To what divine being do I owe the pleasure?" he asks, pretending as if he didn't eavesdrop on Alinis' conversation with Kellen.

kirinke

First Post
Gods, exactly like my little brother, this might be fun Alinis thought as a few choice fond memories flickered through her brain. He never did quite forgive me for the sleep potion and green hair bit.

"I wouldn't know, I don't have the aquaintence of any deities or divine entities," she said, keeping her tone on the polite side of teasing.

hippocrachus

First Post
"Really?!" he asks, picking-up on the joke and silently admitting to his own corniness. "Not even a hint of divine parentage? I've met some demigods, and I must say..." he trails off for a second. "I bet men are always hitting on you, huh?"
He grabs his ale and takes a gulp.

hippocrachus

First Post
"My mother wouldn't have me be impolite to a pretty lady," he says grinning.
He looks to the oddly dressed stranger across the way.
"How 'bout you? You get hit on a lot," he asks, hoping to find another willing to share in the joke. He gives a conspiratorial nudge to Alinis.

Majin

First Post
Kellen's eyes widen for a split second at Alinis' question. He takes the gold piece gingerly and stammers, "Why yes, but I'll have to get it from the vault. I will return shortly with your change," he smiles excitedly.

kirinke

First Post
Alinis curses silently. I didn't want them to think of me as being rich, she sighed to herself. But then, adventures are supposed to have a bit of coin on them. Maybe I can play it down.

She accepted her change with some relief. "Sorry about that, my parents gave me a some coins to keep me going for a bit, but I'm really in need of a job. Is there a hiring hall about here? Or a place that can use the skills of a Ranger?" she asked the barkeep politely.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases