Shackled City - Chapter I

Dhes

Explorer
Elyas drops his coffee as he hears a thump against the outer wall of the inn.
“Dam… my coffee, he looks at the brown coffee spill forming on the close of the Female Elf.”
He make a vain attempt to whip away the stain, and than remembers the thump.
He makes his apologies to the elf as he runs out of the door. Out side he runs to the western ally.

kirinke

First Post
Alinis jerks, curses and rounds up a few of the men/women who look like they can handle themselves in a fight, in order to break up the brawl before anyone gets hurt. And then she heads out in the direction of the fight. She curses again when none seem to want to help. Idiots, she thinks unkindly as she goes out to see what's wrong.

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Alinis turns to regard the the few patrons in the room and is met by blank stares and blinking eyes. It does not appear like any of the townsfolk are willing or able to join the fight.

Those exiting the inn are met by a light drizzle from the ash gray sky, the storm having mostly died down. Following the noises to the entrance of the alley you see three figures assaulting a fourth, who lies face down on the wet cobblestones. One of the attackers lifts the victim and thursts him against a wall as another growls, "Stay away from the orphanage, you got that?"

kirinke

First Post
Alinis strings her bow, notches an arrow and points it in the general direction of the combatants and calls out, quite calmly and pleasantly. "I do believe that you gentlemen are disturbing the peace. I do suggest you calm down before anyone gets seriously hurt."

OOC:
(Though she stowed most of her gear in the stable, she was smart enough to keep her weapons on hand.) She will shoot to disable rather than kill as she doesn't know the full situation. But if pressed, she will defend herself rather than get killed. :]

hippocrachus

First Post
Hearing the thump and noticing the alarm spreading through the people closest to him, Orpheus decides he'll make an attempt at being courageous.
He runs outside with Alinis and steps aside a little warily when she draws her bow and threatens the brawlers in a pleasant tone.
He puts a hand midway on her arrow in a calming gesture and looks at her with a gauging expression.
"Let's not be too hasty," he whispers to her, his hand on his own sword.

(OOC: Sorry for the delay. Fort Lauderdale was calling... :cool: )

kirinke

First Post
"Wouldn't think of it," Alinis whispers back, her eyes fixated on the combatants. "Keep alert, don't let your guard down. Only attack to defend," she whispers softly.

Dhes

Explorer
Elyas looks over his shoulder and sees that the half-elf and the elf where ride on his heals.
“Is it wise to start using weapons?? True my first reaction to the sound was to run out here, but we really don’t know why these men are attacking the other one, maybe he’s a thief. I think one of us should get the city watch, they are better in dealing with stuff like this.”

Elyas fingers a bit of fleece in his coat pocked and starts to mumble under his breath.

Cast Silent Image (create illusion of half a dozen city watch man standing behind the party of 3)

Verbatim

Explorer
Zeric's mood was only slightly better when the rain began to die away, as he was already soaked to the bone from the walk to the oprhanage. Lost in his thoughts, Zeric never saw the trio of men step away from the shadows and begin to trail him. However, when he heard the sound of their boots rushing on the cobblestone streets behind him, Zeric knew he was in trouble.

Spinning around to face them, Zeric turned in time to catch a well thrown punch that caught him unprepared and knocked him off of his feet.

~I knew they would find me one day...how could I have been so foolish...~

Trying to push himself off of the wet side street, Zeric felt himself being lifted off the ground by a mountain of a man and slammed against the side of a building.

"Stay away from the orphanage, you got that?"

~The orphanage? Could these men be the ones who kidnapped the children?~

Sliding into his training, Zeric started going limp as he heard a female voice calling out to them from the far side of the street. Hoping the brute in from of him would let his grip slacken just a hair, Zeric started reaching for the morningstar at his side.

~Just give me an opening you bastard, then I'll show you what happens to those who prey upon children...~

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus sighs heavily in response to Alinis, knowing full well that he'd have his bow out if she didn't make the stance look better.
He glances at the caffeine addict, licking his teeth, and just noticing the group of watchmen behind him. He rolls his eyes.
Great, an illusionist...
Seeing everyone else making aggressive actions, Orpheus is slightly spurred on to act as moderator. Mainly just to get to the bottom of this.
"Hail," he says, offering a hand of parlay. "Why don't we quit this barbarism and come inside for a drink? On me..."

(OOC: Diplomacy +6. Might as well get as much use out of it as I can :) )

Last edited:

Remove ads