Shackled City - Chapter I

kirinke

First Post
Alinis grins, a disturbingly calm and pleasant grin. Her bow is trained on the huge man who had growled something about an orphanage. "Perhaps you should discuss this another day. One without so many witnesses." she said, cheerfully, almost too cheerfully. (Is going for intimidation)

Majin

First Post
The thugs look up in surprise at the newcomers, and balk at the appearance of Elyas' illusion. They begin slowly backing away from the victim, (giving him a chance to scramble to safety towards the party as well) when a female voice sounds from the shadows near the roof of one building. "Their illusions you fools!" is heard as the thugs look up to acknowledge the voice. They then look back and step closer, their faces becoming more visible in the shadows, and you all notice for the first time that their faces are painted, half black and half white in an attempt to hide their identities.

Initiative:

Elyas - 22
Alinis - 16
Zeric - 12
Shadowy figure - 11
Thugs (3) - 8
Orpheus - 6

Dhes

Explorer
Elyas sees the thugs take a step closer as his illusion was uncovered.
“Well I’m glad it gave you enough time to get out of harms way, well for the time being that is.”

Elyas points at the Shadowy figure and releases an energy dart.
“See if this is an illusion two dam it”
(Magic Missile 1D4+1)

kirinke

First Post
Alinis glares at the shadowy figure and looses an arrow, aiming for the shoulder of the goon who had said something about an orphanage. "Back off now!" Alinis said coolly. "The next shot won't be a warning,"

Majin

First Post
OoC: Sorry for the wait all, but was giving Verbatim some more time to post his actions, but just recently received an e-mail from him stating he'll be away for another day or so. As this will technically be his first combat action in the new game I don't feel comfortable dictating what that will be so this round I will just have him getting to his feet and getting his bearings. Hopefully Verbatim will rejoin us soon for the next round. :)

Elyas launches a magical bolt of energy from his hand aiming at the figure in the shadows. It makes a beeline for the figure and bursts upon impact, slightly illuminating the figure dressed all in black, for an instant. (3 damage)

Alinis fires a warning shot that nicks the ear of the large thug, which awards her an alarmed gasp from the man and a wide-eyed stare. Zeric takes advantage of the current confusion to scramble away from his attackers. The figure throws a dagger at Zeric missing his head by a fraction of an inch, a warning shot of the figure's own no doubt. "You live today only because I will it! Heed our warning church lackey! If you know whats good for you, you'll stay away from the orphanage!" With that, the figure scrambles up the wall with ease and disappears over the rooftops, leaving the thugs to fight alone.

Ignoring Orpheus' request for diplomacy the thugs quickly draw their short swords and advance on the party. One of them hits Orpheus, (3 damage) while another's blade connects with Zeric. (4 damage) The last thug swings for Alinis but does not manage to wound her.

Initiative:

Elyas - 22
Alinis - 16
Zeric - 12
Thugs (3) - 8
Orpheus - 6

Dhes

Explorer
Elyas gawks at the shadowy figure scurry up the wall.
“woo, that’s a nice trick.”

Elyas pulls his attention back to the 3 remaining thugs, and fires of a second energy dart at the thug attacking Orpheus.

(Magic Missile 1D4+1)

kirinke

First Post
"You guys don't listen too well!" Alinis snarles, an arrow point blank at the guy who took a swing at her, then resorts to her sword and dagger.

Jarval

Explorer
A little surprised when his new-found friends suddenly rushed out of the tavern, Kiyoshi follows after them. He tuts to himself as he sees the thugs setting about the group, and traces a pattern in the air as he chants rhythmically.

(OoC: Casting sleep, trying to catch as many of the thugs in the area as I can without putting anyone else within the AoE.)

kirinke

First Post
ooc
you won't have to worry about Alinis, Elyas and Orpheus. with them being elves (and half-elves), they're immune to sleep based spells/abilities. Zeric is the only one who might be affected. But then if he goes nappy time, we'll protect him. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads