Shackled City - Chapter I

Verbatim

Explorer
~I am no one's lackey...whether god or man...~

Wincing as the thug's sword managed to land a glancing blow, Zeric smiled as he spoke to the man.

"You managed to draw first blood, care to see who draws last?"

ooc: Zeric will attack with his morningstar until the thug falls, or he does. Sorry for such a short post all.

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus looks at his wound grimly, reality setting in with the flow of blood seeping from his fresh cut.
"Bastard..." he mumbles angrily, and attacks his attacker.

Jarval

Explorer
kirinke said:
ooc
you won't have to worry about Alinis, Elyas and Orpheus. with them being elves (and half-elves), they're immune to sleep based spells/abilities. Zeric is the only one who might be affected. But then if he goes nappy time, we'll protect him. ;)
(OoC: Good point. I'll just make sure to keep Zeric out of the area, and let the elves look after themselves :))

Majin

First Post
OoC: Jarval, I notice you still need to move your character sheet to the Rogue's Gallery. ;)

Elyas launches another missle, at a new target this time, wounding the thug as it strikes against him. (4 damage) In response to pulling back her bowstring the thug attacking Alinis takes another swing before she releases her shot, but misses her as her arrow pierces his shoulder upon release. (8 damage)

Kiyoshi turns the corner and seeing his friends in trouble begins casting a spell to lull the attackers to sleep. Angered at the thug's words and the fresh wound in his side Zeric lashes back with his morningstar connecting with the side of his assailant's skull, flooring him! (Crit - 13 damage)

The two remaining thugs continue attacking their targets, the first swinging for Orpheus, but is dodged nimbly by the bard. The largest thug, gritting his teeth hard to keep from yelling out at the pain in his shoulder manages to nick Alinis' bow arm. (2 damage) Recoiling from his quick dodge moments ago Orpheus takes his own swing at his attacker but only manages to cut a hole in the thug's tunic.

Initiative:

Elyas - 22
Alinis - 16
Kiyoshi - 15 (Casting Sleep)
Zeric - 12
Thugs (2) - 8
Orpheus - 6

kirinke

First Post
Alinis curses as she flings her bow aside and out of the reach of trampling feet as she takes out her sword and dagger, wading in with a really irritated look on her face. "You buggers really get on my last blasted nerve, you do..."

Dhes

Explorer
Elyas shows a pained expression as he sees one of the thugs fall.
Taking one step back he prepares his last spell and directs it as the large thug.
“We better take them out quick, I’m on my last spell, I could make a nice light trick for them but I don’t think it will be of much use.”

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Kiyoshi focuses solely on his spell, feeling the elements surrounding the men twist and shape to his words. He makes the closing gesture of the spell, and watches the thugs closely for any sign of it taking effect.

hippocrachus

First Post
Somehow managing to suck at close combat and still look good doing it, Orpheus continues to attack the thug while taking a quick step to the side.

Verbatim

Explorer
Zeric saw his opponent's guard lower just a hair as he closed in, and smiled to himself as he bought the feint to his left, leaving himself wide open.

~The brothers would have beaten you for hours to teach you the value of a stronger defense, you are lucky that I will simply stop at killing you...~

Striking fast and hard, Zeric felt the man's skull give under as the spiked head of the morningstar collided against it, and as the man fell, Zeric had to resist the urge to spit on the man for his weakness in battle.

~I am not the man they wanted to be...I must remember that...~

Looking back towards the strangers who had came to his aide, Zeric saw the man-mountain trying to use his superior size against the elvish female who tried to speak peace to men of violence.

~You are next...~

Running towards with the head of his morningstar held low, Zeric waited until the last moment before launching a strike into the man's lower back, hoping he would be disabled, but not to the point he could not be questioned later.

Remove ads