40K d20 Conversion

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
I thought your site was going to be converting Warhammer 40k to d20, but I didn't see anything about Chaos Marines, Space Marines, Tyrannids, Eldar, etc. That's the info I was hoping for. I don't want to play Warhammer 40k, but the setting intrigues me.

Still, kudos on presenting options for the Dragonstar setting. Less fluff and more crunchy bits would be the best way to go, however. Keep on pluggin'. :)

Shran

First Post
Oh... they're on the way...

Space Marines and such are going to be there.... I assure you. Right now, I'm just putting down the framework. Space Marines are a race at this point. Eventually, I'll have rules for Scouts (Space Marines with the Scout Class), Tactical Squads (Space Marines, Sct3Sol4 or whatever), Marneus Calgar and all the other guys... these things take time.

What I need right now is feedback. So, taking your advice, I need some actual Wargame Point Of View type material. I'll try and get some Space Marine stuff posted today.

That'll be one happy gamer, 24,958,531 to go... :D

Why do you expect GW to shut you down?

Of course having not been following GW closely for a while their policy on fan sites might have got harsher.

They don't really have a competiting product, inquisitor is - differnet - so i wouldn't have thought they would come down hard.

Comments

The cyborg brain - Advanced: 13-15 Strength, +2 AC 40000

This doesn't make a deal of sense? I persume your intention is for you to add half you orginial strenght to the strenght granted by the brain?

If that is true why?

Last edited:

Shran

First Post
Typo Report!

Yes... that was a mistake. An advanced cyborg brain only works as good as a normal human brain. I thank you for the correction.

Keep em coming!

Shran

First Post
Full corrected text of Brain Chart.

Brain
Adding computer chips and upgraded processors to the brain can improve performance. Advanced and Highly Advanced
brains are entirely mechanical. Created by a process called Destructive Uploading, they take over all the functions of your old
brain. Sometimes.
Type Effect Cost
Crude -4 to Int, Wis and Cha 8000
Average -2 to Will Saves* 20000
Advanced No Benefit** 40000
Highly Adv +1 Dex, +2 to Will Saves*** 60000

*At random (Any time a Will check is called for, roll 1d6, a roll of 1 indicates a penalty)
** Aside from still being alive and having all permanent ability score (Int, Wis and Cha) damage restored.
*** Immune to Telepathy Disciplines...

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
First thing I'd do (after killing all the lawyers, sorry Clark), is get rid off the Odd stat modifiers for the various races, keeping to the D20 Core rule of all stat modifiers being even numbers.

More stuff :)

The allegince section is very weird. Why does alligence to self offer a plus +1 chramisa bonus, and the rest offer nothing at all?

I suspect you may be better served by deviding this into two

1) Nationality/Race

A statement of which planet/craftworld/clan whatever you came from (A statement of geographical location)

ie Bel Tain, Terra, Mars, Necromunda whatever.

2) Alligence

Whatever organisation you have the strongest ties with/loyalty to - may be broad or as spercific as the player wants

The Tech-priests, The inquistion, The Bel Tain Striking scorpion shrine, House Orlock, Yourself, The Imperium.

Shran

First Post
Oh, but they do offer something...

The other allegiances offer a contact in that group (or race or whatnot) that provide equipment and other resources.

Perhaps I should change Allegiance: Self to +1 with Charisma based skills, to represent self-reliance or somesuch...

This is why I announced my efforts... to get feedback... :)

hellbender

First Post
Why don't you add flavour text for people curious about 40K D20? Why suggest Inquisitor as a supplement? Inquisitor is marginally useful unless you plan on very narrow games. The flavor text is what makes a game, and 40K has a rich background. You don't need to copy a word, just do small writeups. For supplements, I would rather suggest people get the 40K main rules, the Chapter Approved, the new book of the Astronimicon and the various army codex books. A place like Bartertown (www.bartertown.org) is an excellent source for inexpensive Warhammer supplements.
You may also want to run your game ideas past Hugo Pritchard, Games Workshop's lawyer: Hugo Pritchard <HugoP@games-workshop.co.uk>, just for your own protection, as the U.K. has different issues with copyright than the U.S. I was in contact with him over posting my own version of 40K D20, and he is a very approachable and helpful person. Good luck with it, hopefully an official book will come out for the game one day.

hellbender

Remove ads